Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All thar gig/ tip money would be worthless, orhave to answer where you got it
A great aunt kept gold coins as art work, she could afford to stash some. Most peoole couldn't.
Upheavals have never stopped .gov in the past.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Being sarcastic here but if currency goes digital your going to keep your wealth on a thumbdrive? And if the definition of currency becomes whatever the digitizers say it is then the Fed could dream up a number call it good and pay all of the U.S. debt! Genius! The demrats dream of endless money.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kennyd
All thar gig/ tip money would be worthless, orhave to answer where you got it
A great aunt kept gold coins as art work, she could afford to stash some. Most peoole couldn't.
Upheavals have never stopped .gov in the past.
This wouldn't be a mere 'upheaval', no - it would be the equivalent of an A-bo-mb being dropped on DC..

Originally Posted by rickt300
Being sarcastic here but if currency goes digital your going to keep your wealth on a thumbdrive? And if the definition of currency becomes whatever the digitizers say it is then the Fed could dream up a number call it good and pay all of the U.S. debt! Genius! The demrats dream of endless money.
I love it... And you're spot on...

I wonder if a few of ya have quite an investment in Alcoa... laugh laugh laugh (no flames, just laughter - even Little Twig would appreciate THAT... )

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Fight this off tooth and nail.....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For those using safety deposit boxes and thinking this could never happen again...FDR made an EO confiscating gold...it took Ford to undo it many years alter.

Think about the precious metals required for Green Energy...it would be very easy to envision Lord Biden to sign an executive order concerning precious metals and their mandatory turn in to support the Green Agenda...the metals are required for the greater good of the battery operated nation argument.

Wikipedia (yes I know not the greatest source, but still...cliff note history) has a good article on it called "Executive Order 6102."

One who invests in bullion, uses safe deposit boxes, should at least read it...history has a way of repeating itself.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
For those using safety deposit boxes and thinking this could never happen again...FDR made an EO confiscating gold...it took Ford to undo it many years alter.

Think about the precious metals required for Green Energy...it would be very easy to envision Lord Biden to sign an executive order concerning precious metals and their mandatory turn in to support the Green Agenda...the metals are required for the greater good of the battery operated nation argument.

Wikipedia (yes I know not the greatest source, but still...cliff note history) has a good article on it called "Executive Order 6102."

One who invests in bullion, uses safe deposit boxes, should at least read it...history has a way of repeating itself.
You only really own what you can put your hands on and defend.

Politics is War by Other Means
U
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
There are people who don't have a computer or cell phone, and have no idea what any of those payment methods even refer to. Are they barred from the park?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There are people who don't have a computer or cell phone, and have no idea what any of those payment methods even refer to. Are they barred from the park?

Cashless includes card payments.

U
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
I'm not sure but I have heard that national parks stopped giving change for cash for awhile now. You could give exact cash or get a donation receipt for overpaying but that is hearsay. I did a quick search and found this. https://www.nps.gov/deto/learn/news/news.htm

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Bartering on a huge scale--- thats what the 40,000 new IRS agents are for--- to patrol and control

I'm picturing some pencil-neck driving his Prius down our rutted gravel road that's off another gravel road, getting between me and my neighbor as I am making a deal with him.

Think he'll be up for that?

I don't think he'll dare get within two miles of my place. Hell, people who live 20 miles away get skeer'd driving these roads. They know they don't belong...

Yes, we will be impacted. But years of preparation will allow us to survive.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
I ain't buyin' it - at all.
If/when they try, every citizen over the age of about 45 will vote their azzes OUT of office for good.. Does anybody really, really think that those people are gonna go along with that crap? I, for one, do not.. And WILL NOT..

Don't have 'accounts'.. Just deal in cold, hard cash.. They can't freeze that.. And if they 'come for that', they'll receive something that has no resemblance to cash...

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Take a look outside your bubble at the world around you. It AIN'T the same world you grew up in.

And voters over the age of 45 don't add up to anywhere near enough to do anything today.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
dont we already have btc?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Does a golden eagle pass work there? you can still get those with cash. right?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MegaMehg
dont we already have btc?

Bitcoin is on the opposite end of the spectrum from what is being proposed here.

Governments want to issue centralized digital currencies because they offer even more finite control than the fiat they issue now. BTC is largely decentralized and much more difficult to control any aspect of, than even fiat.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by Redneck
I ain't buyin' it - at all.
If/when they try, every citizen over the age of about 45 will vote their azzes OUT of office for good.. Does anybody really, really think that those people are gonna go along with that crap? I, for one, do not.. And WILL NOT..

Don't have 'accounts'.. Just deal in cold, hard cash.. They can't freeze that.. And if they 'come for that', they'll receive something that has no resemblance to cash...

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Take a look outside your bubble at the world around you. It AIN'T the same world you grew up in.

And voters over the age of 45 don't add up to anywhere near enough to do anything today.
Like I said, you better pray I'm right... But you go ahead and bend over to digital bux.. I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied...

Best wishes to you sir...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't want any "digital bux" either, but thinking that "that'll never happen in Uhmurka!" is foolish at best.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stophel
I don't want any "digital bux" either, but thinking that "that'll never happen in Uhmurka!" is foolish at best.
Well, true, maybe in fifty years when this gov't is under total communist's control... I'll give you that.. smile

Still wondering how (for example) anyone who wants to buy something from a neighbor is going to go over there and what, hope he/she has a digital reader so the card will work? And what if/when the internet goes down? NO transactions till it's up? What if the 'smart' phone suddenly goes stupid?

Last, doesn't anyone think that nefarious a-holes from any/all other countries will work at hacking into - and draining - someone's/anyone's accts.???

Can't hack cash in yer pockets.. Can't hack cash in a house/business safe.

Every week, one of my friends is with us at the local cafe for coffee.. He's retired from Wells Fargo in Murderapolis and was in their stocks/bonds/financial branch. I asked him about this digital chit this morning.. He agrees that they'll "try" to get something like this in place, but it's quite a ways off from being practical and/or viable due to a lot of constitutional things that would have to take place first..

Bottom line, you may be right - BUT I'm sayin' it's a long, long ways off from now.. Right after the schools get all the kids brainwashed into communism, like they're trying now..

Citizens better be awake and be ready to clean house if/when necessary... Just sayin'..

As for me, I'll fight this effort tooth and nail and refuse to comply - period...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,403
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.