Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Beer Yes, Hockey Sucks the big one the NFL Rules~
Hell ya!
Good game but too many ties

I was a very good football player, because I was, I was always asked to play Hockey all the time, this was my standard answer.

Are you F'ing Stupid????? There are no Cheerleaders!!!!

I rest my case! lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/03/22.

KB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The salary cap and basically banning fighting ruined hockey. The salary cap killed the Wings.
1/2 the games I've watched this season have had a fight. Simple rule, 5 minute penalty for each combatant. At times there may be an added 2 for "instigator".

They haven't "basically" banned fighting. Please explain how you think they have.

The salary cap has been around for about 17 years now. Smart GMs have managed to learn to work around it. Otherwise, there would be no TB 2 Cup wins in a row with a chance at a third. Teams like the pre 2020 San Jose Sharks would not have gotten into the playoffs something like 15 out of 16 years. Yeah, it kind of sucks, but at least there's less chance of a George Steinbrener buy a Champion team every season happening.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hard to argue with that logic.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beer Yes, Hockey Sucks the big one the NFL Rules~
Hell ya!
Good game but too many ties

I was a very good football player, because I was, I was always asked to play Hockey all the time, this was my standard answer.

Are you F'ing Stupid????? There are no Cheerleaders!!!!

I rest my case! lol

And that silly game is slow enough a player can watch the girls while sitting on the bench waiting for a chance to play when the other half of the team is done. He's not going to be sitting on the bench sucking for air because he just got stuck out in the second period for a 1:30 shift.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wish I was an American!

Well,...there's not much of it left. If you're going to do it you better hurry.

Ha! Driving home from town today, I was contemplating our state of rancid (or is that rabid-or is that rancorous) politics, and realized we are trying to become the UK...

Last edited by las; 11/03/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The salary cap and basically banning fighting ruined hockey. The salary cap killed the Wings.
1/2 the games I've watched this season have had a fight. Simple rule, 5 minute penalty for each combatant. At times there may be an added 2 for "instigator".

They haven't "basically" banned fighting. Please explain how you think they have.

The salary cap has been around for about 17 years now. Smart GMs have managed to learn to work around it. Otherwise, there would be no TB 2 Cup wins in a row with a chance at a third. Teams like the pre 2020 San Jose Sharks would not have gotten into the playoffs something like 15 out of 16 years. Yeah, it kind of sucks, but at least there's less chance of a George Steinbrener buy a Champion team every season happening.
I’m not a fan of salary caps for any sport. IMO it’s primary purpose is to allow leagues to expand into markets with little demand for the product. The caps allow low revenue teams (due to limited interest in the product) to be competitive. You can make an argument either way if that’s good for the product or strictly for the brand/league revenue.

I’ll let the fighting being basically banned stand on its own. The days of teams having enforcers such as a Bob Probert to protect the stars are long gone. The penalties for fighting today are to severe to allow that kind of play or role in the sport. If you’re a longtime NHL fan you should know exactly how it’s changed.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hard to argue with that logic.

Give me 1 good hockey song, right?

Here is a a good football one :o)

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Thanks for the reply and the Sturgeon fishing invite, I appreciate both.

My long time hunting and fishing partner - the fellow who got the ram draw this fall - and I have had a sturgeon run on the Fraser planned for years. We'd have done it already but the whole beer flu mess rather played hob with both of our lives in a few diverse ways so on the books it remains.

But for sure most days fishing beat days not fishing...

Though if I was the admitting kind and as you're getting to know - I am that - I've developed a bit of a passion for gardening the last couple of years to the extent that I mostly ice fish now.

Not to say I couldn't be convinced to fish in summer, perish that thought sir! laugh

As far as getting to know me, folks who still post here who've met me have mentioned that there's not a lot of mystery in meeting me.

I take that to mean that I write like a short, bald, semi-old BC redneck, I guess? laugh

One of the cooler aspects of this inner webs thing for me Darren is getting to "meet" folks that I'd otherwise not have the opportunity to.

Here in our corner of the ether space we can choose to share stories and learn from them if that's what we want to do.

For the life of me, as an aside, I have not even a remote clue as to why folks would want to pretend to be something they're not, but then again all of the psych evaluation tests I've done say I'm way, WAY low on empathy, so on a good day I don't begin to understand what makes others tick. Frankly I've got my hands full attempting to ascertain what makes me tick, you know?

All the best again my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

How's that? One good one? OK.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I perfer this Canadian Classic lol

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
GFY.
As warm a campfire wlecome can possibly be

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Canada is a big and great country, Just governed by nut jobs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Great video, but I think they were missing a good goalie fight or two.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Teal;
Good afternoon to you my old cyber friend, I hope the first Friday in November is giving you weather you can stand and is behaving for the most part.

While this might come as a bit of a surprise to you, a few years back our eldest daughter - who besides being a bit of an adrenalin junkie is a live concert aficionado - had nobody to go with her to the Dropkick Murphys, so I went.

She advised me beforehand to bring earplugs, which I did and that was a good choice.

It was the first concert I've gone to that had security with metal detectors at the door - so she looks at me and says, "Well Old Man I guess you'd better go back to the car and lose the hardware..." laugh

While I like some of the tin whistle melodies and bagpipes on their stuff on the radio, unfortunately that night the sound system and the layout of the venue conspired against hearing those finer points of their music.

They are an enthusiastic bunch of young fellows though Teal, you had to give them that! wink

While your song might have been played, I honestly don't recall too many other than "Shipping out to Boston" and "Rose Tattoo".

Anyways again a random trip into the rhubarb from me.

All the best to you and good hunting.

Dwayne

PS;
I believe you know this about me, but for the new readers, I'm one of a select few of less than 200 Saskatchewan born and bred individuals who can neither skate, nor curl and do not follow hockey.....

I was asked to leave...

I have to get written permission from an old friend who is now in the Saskatchewan legislature to come back for a visit...

Okay, maybe not quite - the written permission part. wink

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Not even Ducks Unlimited will touch it!

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
True story!

When I was bouncing at a disco back in the early 80's, I beat the snot out of the Montreal Canadiens Team Enforcer, that was playing for the Canadiens at that time. Hit him so hard he went flying down a steep stairwell, down a long set of stairs and hit the wall so hard at the bottom it made a big noise as I recall. He went home in a lot of pain I kept partying with the ladies afterwards lol.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a Middle Linebacker, if you are a measly Hockey player, it won't end well for you :o)

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/04/22.

KB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Teal;
Good afternoon to you my old cyber friend, I hope the first Friday in November is giving you weather you can stand and is behaving for the most part.

While this might come as a bit of a surprise to you, a few years back our eldest daughter - who besides being a bit of an adrenalin junkie is a live concert aficionado - had nobody to go with her to the Dropkick Murphys, so I went.

She advised me beforehand to bring earplugs, which I did and that was a good choice.

It was the first concert I've gone to that had security with metal detectors at the door - so she looks at me and says, "Well Old Man I guess you'd better go back to the car and lose the hardware..." laugh

While I like some of the tin whistle melodies and bagpipes on their stuff on the radio, unfortunately that night the sound system and the layout of the venue conspired against hearing those finer points of their music.

They are an enthusiastic bunch of young fellows though Teal, you had to give them that! wink

While your song might have been played, I honestly don't recall too many other than "Shipping out to Boston" and "Rose Tattoo".

Anyways again a random trip into the rhubarb from me.

All the best to you and good hunting.

Dwayne

PS;
I believe you know this about me, but for the new readers, I'm one of a select few of less than 200 Saskatchewan born and bred individuals who can neither skate, nor curl and do not follow hockey.....

I was asked to leave...

I have to get written permission from an old friend who is now in the Saskatchewan legislature to come back for a visit...

Okay, maybe not quite - the written permission part. wink

Sir,

Things are good and I hope the same for you.

Rose Tattoo is a GREAT song, IMO. I'm a fan of the band but haven't been able to see them yet.

Me

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (6MMWASP, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.