Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've not read the plethora of responses and most will think I'm just being an [bleep] when I say that American vehicles are junk schitt. They are made with inferior parts and engineered horribly. I was a master mechanic for 17 years and could sit here and name the terrible designs of each American made truck. You know how many hundreds of 5.4 Ford engines that I've replaced timing chains, phasers, guides and tensioners.. Or how many Ford f150 and Silverado transmissions I've had to R&R. Or the plethora of steering and suspension components that I've done in dodges. Please stop buying that trash.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I've not read the plethora of responses and most will think I'm just being an [bleep] when I say that American vehicles are junk schitt. They are made with inferior parts and engineered horribly. I was a master mechanic for 17 years and could sit here and name the terrible designs of each American made truck. You know how many hundreds of 5.4 Ford engines that I've replaced timing chains, phasers, guides and tensioners.. Or how many Ford f150 and Silverado transmissions I've had to R&R. Or the plethora of steering and suspension components that I've done in dodges. Please stop buying that trash.

Shirley, you are high on brake clean....once again. .

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I certainly agree with this, but the unions support modern day communists, which are the present enemy.

LOL ..... Where was the computer you wrote the above quote made? Probably China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I'm a Ford guy because I have worked for them for 25 years. This last year, I traded my 2020 F150 for a 2021 F150.

LOL .... Worked for FORD for 25yrs but doesn't trust his F150 for more than one year before replacing it with another newer one.

Tells us all his FORD trucks have served him problem free. smile smile

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I certainly agree with this, but the unions support modern day communists, which are the present enemy.

LOL ..... Where was the computer you wrote the above quote made? Probably China.

The "Most American-made pickup truck for 2022"... is_____________________

LOL

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by johnn

You can ignore the truth if you'd like but I fed my family for years repairing that garbage.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ky221
Thinking of getting a new pickup but not real sure what direction I want to go. I tend to favor a Ford and that's what I have now. (2018 f150 with the 3.5 V6 ecoboost). Torn between another f150, or maybe just keeping mine......also the local dealership has a new v6 2022 Tacoma in a manual transmission that seems to be calling my name. I'm just not sure if I want to go down to that small of a pickup. It's just the wife and I and we don't have kids so it might be fine. Don't do a lot of heavy pulling, just a small jon boat from time to time and a lawnmower 2-3x a week. I don't keep up with the latest engines and transmissions and who has what; so I'm curious to hear what you guys would spring for if buying a new pickup and why.

I'm going to save reading other responses 'til later. You'll get mine un-edited.

Aside from a brief stint with an F250, I've owned Jeeps and small Toyota and Nissan trucks all my life. My current truck is a 2014 Tacoma, 6 speed manual, 4.0L v6, crew cab short bed, TRD offroad package. It's got 93K on it. It's been the closest to trouble-free of anything I've owned .. zero major problems, just irksome things. I think if I had gotten the 6 foot bed and extra cab rather than crew cab, it would have been pretty perfect.

The small trucks .. Frontier and Tacoma .. will handle over 6000 pounds of trailer. That would whup your jon boat and lawnmower. Not a concern. The change would be psychological .. smaller cab space .. but in your shoes I'd go with a Tacoma if I could get one with a manual transmission.

If you need more, I'd stick with a manual as long as I can thus by passing the F150, Dodge 1500, Chevy half ton, etc and go with a Jeep Gladiator in that range. If that isn't big enough, then you have to bite the bullet with an automatic. My current favorite is the F350 FX4 package with the 7.3L gas engine, short bed, and extra (not crew) cab.

I've never been a big Chevy or Dodge truck fan. Back in my jeep years I hung around the dodge dealership service department a lot. There were a lot of big dodges coming through with really expensive problems. When I was exposed to them, Chevy trucks had great motors and were otherwise crap. Not to say Ford didn't have some bad periods like the 6.0L diesel, but I've been around some good fords as well so that'd be the way I'd go.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you really want to find out what not to get, come to the Campfire.

I’ve never seen more worthless advice than here. How does any company stay in business building $hit like all these claims against every manufacturer?

Personally I would say of you want a real truck, you need a Chevy, GMC, Ram or Ford diesel, if you don’t need a real truck, any of the rest of the station wagons with a box on it will do nicely…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

You can ignore the truth if you'd like but I fed my family for years repairing that garbage.
So you did your job. You make it sound like you had to repair every single vehicle ever made. Kind of like a nurse or doctor, you only deal with people with problems.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smarquez

So you did your job. You make it sound like you had to repair every single vehicle ever made. Kind of like a nurse or doctor, you only deal with people with problems.
And the majority with major problems were American made vehicles. But fine, keep buying junk because that's what you were raised seeing your dad buy over the years.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Taco was getting 9.4liter/100km yesterday. That's 25miles per US gallon.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SuperCub
My Taco was getting 9.4liter/100km yesterday. That's 25miles per US gallon.

My Tacoma gets 21 mpg if I just drive it and don't pay attention. I do hit interstate a lot. If I drive the speed limit and drive 55-60 mph, I get around 25 mpg which is better than the window sticker said it was rated for.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wait until next year and get the Ford Ecobooth Duramax 5.9 with a Sthil BR460 blower. Double pumper.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My last new Truck was/is a 4 Runner....

it has 587,000 miles on it now...

it was bought in September 1987, a new 1988 model...

Its still licensed, still used and sits in one of the driveways.

and ain't rusted out either.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
If I drive the speed limit and drive 55-60 mph, I get around 25 mpg

That seems to be the sweet spot for mine as well.

On a side note for diesel owners ..... Diesel spiked last week last week to $3.10/liter which is $11.73 for US gallon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gary, I'd hang on to that 2018 Ford.

Sam......

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by smarquez

And the majority with major problems were American made vehicles. But fine, keep buying junk because that's what you were raised seeing your dad buy over the years.

Not saying you are wrong, but if the majority of trucks on the road are non-Toyota, then it stands to reason that the majority of the trucks coming in for repairs will be non-Toyota.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
I have never understood the obsession with Toyotas?

Longevity........dependability......simple

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It's not like they make the only one that lasts, this was in February. Pops has probably put 40k more on it since. Do they all go this long - nope but neither do all Yota's too. Hardly a Yoda hater, wife drives a Highlander that I bought for her but their trucks, especially the Tacoma, have just always left me cold. Comparatively Poor ride, bad gas mileage, and somewhat cramped - especially compared to the competition. I don't hate them but just always thought there were better options to put hundreds of thousands of miles on.

I've not had a vehicle that didn't go 200k plus miles (unless wrecked) since I was a teenager. Usually by then I'm ready for something else anyway.

Back to the original topic, I probably wouldn't buy anything made 2020 or later. Seems like lots and lots of gremlins out there now.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Ive owned four silverados over the past 16 years and have a 2023 ordered. Had a transmission module crap out on my 2015. That cost me about $500, but was later refunded via recall. Other than that, oil changes, tire rotation, brake rotors turned and new brake pads and new tires.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My FIL has a new Frontier, a pretty nice truck, I drove it for a few hours. Only downside is that it's too small for me, 6'4" and my knees are jammed. Otherwise I really like it. My daily is a Chevy 1500.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (257 mag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 300jimmy, 31 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,451
Posts18,528,894
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.