Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with em. Idiot tells me I cannot ship any gun part unless I'm a licensed dealer. BS!

Romans 5:1
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why does díldo get bleeped?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by efw
I never give a specific answer.

A gun barrel is machined steel.

A stock is a chunk of wood.

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!
I've got 15 rounds of "non toxic" 3 inch twelve gauge ammo I want to ship to a buddy in New York. USPS, UPS nor FedEx will touch them.
What do I say is in the package, ball bearings?
I don't know if the subject packages to xray or metal detectors or bomb sniffing dogs!

USPS asks if anything is liquid perishable flammable or hazardous including batteries and perfume. Stocks, barrels & receivers are none of the above.

Re-reading the OP might be helpful if you’re looking to keep up with the conversation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!
I've got 15 rounds of "non toxic" 3 inch twelve gauge ammo I want to ship to a buddy in New York. USPS, UPS nor FedEx will touch them.
I don't know if the subject packages to xray or metal detectors or bomb sniffing dogs!

USPS asks if anything is liquid perishable flammable or hazardous including batteries and perfume. Stocks, barrels & receivers are none of the above.

Re-reading the OP might be helpful if you’re looking to keep up with the conversation.

I routinely receive ammo via the internet. They are not delivered via pony express...

Me

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

I routinely receive ammo via the internet. They are not delivered via pony express...

Truth.

But again, re-reading the OP will help clarify why I said what I said.

And I never said anything about ammo. OP explains why; wasn’t part of his concern.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

Truth.

And I never said anything about ammo. OP explains why; wasn’t part of his concern.

I was agreeing with you and your point to others.

Me

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

Truth.

I was agreeing with you and your point to others.

Sorry I misunderstood

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I got ya efw. I'm sorta pissed, and have no interest in dealing with usps any further.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Ignorant woman said it could have powder residue on it. My local PO is 1/2 mile away, and they're easy to deal with. This one was 10 miles from me, and I think the clerk was just a liberal [bleep].

The clerk said it could have powder residue? 😏

Yup.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
USPS rules prevent them from making that call. Why not fix the problem right at the PO?

Yep, that's what I have done. Go up the ladder until somebody knows the rules--or look up the rules and have a copy with you.

Had a postmaster here who asked if a rifle I was shipping was "broke down." I asked her what that meant, and she said, "You know, taken apart so it won't fire." I told her that wasn't anywhere in the rule-book, and proved it. She shut up after that....
LOL, bet it was the same gal. Our former Postmaster. Worker asked her about a rifle I was shipping and she replied, "ok if it's broken down." I nodded my approval. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKduck
Ignorant woman said it could have powder residue on it. My local PO is 1/2 mile away, and they're easy to deal with. This one was 10 miles from me, and I think the clerk was just a liberal [bleep].

The clerk said it could have powder residue? 😏
Yes, I'm not sure how that's a crime. I assured her I cleaned it well. They're telling me no gun parts period, I say bs

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had one ask me if the safety was on. Yes of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never had anyone at any P.O. ask anything except the usual liquids, batteries, etc questions. You were the victim of ignorance and/or hostility. I would file an official complaint with the USPS and my U.S. Senator. They just LOVE it when someone from Congress gets on their azz- NOT!

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
UPS WILL ship ammunition from a Customer Service Center (Hub) and not a satellite store from a person without an FFL or a BS UPS agreement.

The USPS WILL NOT "knowingly" ship ammunition. It is a federal offense to do so.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I got ya efw. I'm sorta pissed, and have no interest in dealing with usps any further.

I don’t blame ya. They suck.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I encourage you to buck up and fight the good fight. Talk to the Postmaster directly and as has been said, go up until resolved... They are incorrect.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Most people bend over, I'm sure he will too.

Start on Monday. Again, I'm not sure how it even comes up in conversation at the post office.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I guess showing them their own Regs is a crazy way to go.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I encourage you to buck up and fight the good fight. Talk to the Postmaster directly and as has been said, go up until resolved... They are incorrect.

Agreed, but, in my experience, the dumbest mofos at the PO are always the slugs they put working the window.
Usually Shanika with the rainbow dreadlocks and 6” long fake fingernails.
And the Postmasters aren’t that much smarter. 🤪

If they ever ask me what I’m shipping, my go to answer has always been “parts”.

Like others mentioned, they are not allowed to ask specifically what you are shipping.
Just their standard questions, liquid, explosives, flammable, hazardous, ect.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/05/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hard to say from here. We've been through all this many times. Possibly there's new additional confusion with the definition of firearms parts from the feds. Carry-on.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,418
Posts18,528,245
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.