Campfire Ranger
A
Mack bros.

HR IC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have one in 300 win but I haven't shot it yet. My 2 main complaints are ejection angle and cheek weld. The action has an m16 style extractor that ejects at a higher angle than I like. I don't like bouncing cases off my windage turret and back into the action. Their answer is to mount the scope higher but the drop on the stock gives you no cheek weld even with lower mounts.

The bedding on mine also looks like crap but I'll have to see how it shoots. It's too bad they couldn't get the ejection angle and stock right because other than that it looks really well machined and finished and is a lotof rifle for the money. It gets many things right for a good price. If I didn't run scopes with large dials I'd probably really like it. It looks like a really good attempt by Oregon guys that don't actually shoot much in the field. Other than the ejection angle mine cycles and feeds great.

Too bad these custom action companies are often stuck on m16 or sako extractors. Bouncing off of windage turrets is a pet peeve of mine. I'm still looking for a good custom action with a flat ejection angle and a mostly open top port that you can load a bdl mag easily from. It is very close to being an awesome rifle and value. If you're a set and forget scope guy that doesn't dial and the stock fits you it's a he'll of a lot of gun for the money.

Too bad nosler isn't the kind of company that will listen to customers and make changes as needed. A few small changes and they could do quite well. The feeding problems have all been 6.5 prc as far as u know. From what ive heard Nosler screwed some people around instead of dealing with it head on and put instant stink on their new rifle.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d take one in 308. At $1500, looks like a sore dik deal.

As to the stock. The comb is a bit low. I love it besides that. A 3/8 or so comb pad resolved the issue for me.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I have one in 300 win but I haven't shot it yet. My 2 main complaints are ejection angle and cheek weld. The action has an m16 style extractor that ejects at a higher angle than I like. I don't like bouncing cases off my windage turret and back into the action. Their answer is to mount the scope higher but the drop on the stock gives you no cheek weld even with lower mounts.

The bedding on mine also looks like crap but I'll have to see how it shoots. It's too bad they couldn't get the ejection angle and stock right because other than that it looks really well machined and finished and is a lotof rifle for the money. It gets many things right for a good price. If I didn't run scopes with large dials I'd probably really like it. It looks like a really good attempt by Oregon guys that don't actually shoot much in the field. Other than the ejection angle mine cycles and feeds great.

Too bad these custom action companies are often stuck on m16 or sako extractors. Bouncing off of windage turrets is a pet peeve of mine. I'm still looking for a good custom action with a flat ejection angle and a mostly open top port that you can load a bdl mag easily from. It is very close to being an awesome rifle and value. If you're a set and forget scope guy that doesn't dial and the stock fits you it's a he'll of a lot of gun for the money.

Too bad nosler isn't the kind of company that will listen to customers and make changes as needed. A few small changes and they could do quite well. The feeding problems have all been 6.5 prc as far as u know. From what ive heard Nosler screwed some people around instead of dealing with it head on and put instant stink on their new rifle.

Bb

It does surprise me so many companies do that damned extractor. Christensen was my first foray there. With my 300 RUM it was next to impossible and I finally sold the damn thing. Same problem, mount a scope high enough it ejects and then you have your head damned near off the stock.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
They should dump that morphodite 22 Nosler and do a 1:7 22 Creed or 1:7 22-250.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by horse1

Hell yeah! I'd be in on that!

Semper Fi
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by horse1

Hell yeah! I'd be in on that!

That would be sweet. Maybe buy a 308 bolt from Mack Bros and run a reamer in a 22 Nosler? But I’m not seeing those priced as nice

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Looks like a nice rifle to me. Hope they can repair their rep with better QC out of the box. Love to have one in 7mm08 but a 6.5 creed would work. Certainly a lot more factory ammo out there for the 6.5.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
For 14-1500 it would be hard not to order one. Luckily I could not find one at that price.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are a very nice rifle. Never shot the one I had. Originally 6.5 PRC but it got sent back due to the obvious feeding issues. Got a 6.5 CM instead but wasn’t in that mood at the time. Shoulda sent the bolt assembly off to have a different handle put on for better clearance. Would have been a stellar handling rifle for me I’m sure. The forward balance felt great offhand!

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gene270
i thought i was the only one that hated that stock on this forum

Same here.

Yup.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by melglass
For 14-1500 it would be hard not to order one. Luckily I could not find one at that price.

I was able to buy one at that price, but couldn’t find anymore.

I’ll get the rifle next week.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think a Borden style handle would make that stock a better fit.

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any chance those cheap ones are “seconds”? That’s a BIG discount over MSRP.

About the same as I paid for my M70 EW last year, and aside from a bad striker spring, it’s very nicely done and works perfectly after I swapped that spring out. Good shooter too.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I gave mine a pretty thorough once over at the FFL and couldn’t see anything that would lead me to believe it would be a “Second”

I was a little surprised at the thickness of the barrel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]where is the closest bank of america

Last edited by robertham1; 12/04/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just makes you wonder. Maybe it’s some kind of cashflow tactic.

Remember the big discounts on Mauser M12s? Those were real bargains too.

Nice rifle, but you showed the wrong side😛

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Had to look to see WTF a Nosler 21 was/is….. hard to beat a semi custom action, TriggerTech and McMillan edge stock at 1500.00 … No mention of WHO makes the barrel on the website…

I mistakenly believed that Howa built the M21 for Nosler?
Shilen use to be Pac nor before the fire

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very. The M48 greatly resembles the Howa 1500, but is investment cast, not forged like the 1500s. Howa manufactures their stuff in Japan, and they are imported here by Legacy and Weatherby (not sure if the Vanguards come through Legacy or separately), which is why we don’t get as many SS versions as say, Oz.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Just makes you wonder. Maybe it’s some kind of cashflow tactic.

Remember the big discounts on Mauser M12s? Those were real bargains too.

Nice rifle, but you showed the wrong side😛

I pick up the rifle on Friday- I’ll give you a full 360 peep show then. Maybe even with an optic!

Last edited by robertham1; 12/05/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fotis
Had to look to see WTF a Nosler 21 was/is….. hard to beat a semi custom action, TriggerTech and McMillan edge stock at 1500.00 … No mention of WHO makes the barrel on the website…

Shilen use to be Pac nor before the fire

There is a semicolon who eloped with a “d” somewhere in Wyoming.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.