-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just got email saying it's time to pay for the dish etc , been on list since June 2021....and I truly live in no where land ..this is going to be cool..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s cool. I’m interested in hearing how it does. How much does it cost for the initial startup and equipment?…monthly? I imagine it’ll only get better too. I hope it’s everything you want. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I just got email saying it's time to pay for the dish etc , been on list since June 2021....and I truly live in no where land ..this is going to be cool..
Nowhere land? lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If anyone is looking for one of the residential receivers let me know, I bought the wrong one. I have one sitting here that I can't use, looking to get rid of it. Turns out I need the RV version.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s cool. I’m interested in hearing how it does. How much does it cost for the initial startup and equipment?…monthly? I imagine it’ll only get better too. I hope it’s everything you want. 👍

When I got this unit it was $600 and the monthly charge was $110. Once you buy the unit itself you own it, so you can do as you please with it. I made the mistake of buying the wrong version for what I needed. Guys on boats up here have been running the RV version and they absolutely love it. But like you said, it will be interesting to see how it does as more users come online

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Nowhere land? lol
well it's 9 miles and 475,000$ to get GCI to hook me to the next guy on the phone line... thats close for most folks wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FishinHank

When I got this unit it was $600 and the monthly charge was $110. Once you buy the unit itself you own it, so you can do as you please with it. I made the mistake of buying the wrong version for what I needed. Guys on boats up here have been running the RV version and they absolutely love it. But like you said, it will be interesting to see how it does as more users come online

Thanks for the reply Hank.

I read that the RV version, like the boat version, of starlink was a $10,000 initial startup cost. I figure they can charge whatever they want for those that want internet at sea or over the road since they see that as a luxury. I was wondering what the difference is between the land based units versus the boat and RV units?

I’m intellectually deficient when it comes to technology but the Starlink is interesting to me and I’ve been following it with interest. I ain’t spending $10,000 for internet on the trawler but I could see spending +/- $1,000 for it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just got tracking number..Wednesday !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Thanks for the reply Hank.

I read that the RV version, like the boat version, of starlink was a $10,000 initial startup cost. I figure they can charge whatever they want for those that want internet at sea or over the road since they see that as a luxury. I was wondering what the difference is between the land based units versus the boat and RV units?

I’m intellectually deficient when it comes to technology but the Starlink is interesting to me and I’ve been following it with interest. I ain’t spending $10,000 for internet on the trawler but I could see spending +/- $1,000 for it.

The RV version is less than $1K for the unit. It should work on your boat depending on where you are.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Seems like everyone is getting starlink where I am at.
It’s fast

The RV one works in boats, but it sounds like you need to be anchored up and not underway to get a signal. Someone told me that they are coming out with a vehicle antenna that will work in boats.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
Seems like everyone is getting starlink where I am at.
It’s fast

The RV one works in boats, but it sounds like you need to be anchored up and not underway to get a signal. Someone told me that they are coming out with a vehicle antenna that will work in boats.

From what I understand they rolled out the mobile version and now it works when you are underway.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ok. That sounds good. Things are changing, that’s for sure

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The boat I work on has the RV version. We operate in Southeast. It is simply amazing and works while underway. it's a game changer for vessel based operations.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I ordered the RV version last night. It was $600 for the equipment and then $135 per month. The website said they did not have the home versions available here yet. It said you can also put it on pause to stop paying for service if you are going to be gone for a while.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
The boat I work on has the RV version. We operate in Southeast. It is simply amazing and works while underway. it's a game changer for vessel based operations.

Thats awesome. Glad to hear.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Interesting and informative. I was obviously going off wrong info and for less than a $1,000 Starlink sounds like a great option.

Thanks guys. 👍

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
In looking at their website, they do have a maritime version which is $10,000 for the equipment plus $5,00 per month. I'm thinking that is a worldwide system.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (35, 10Glocks, arky65, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 11 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.