Hop To
Page 113 of 116 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 116
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm not, because golf is not nearly as fun to watch as cycling.

May not be as much fun to watch golf as it is watching cycling, but it's a much better workout. It requires many more trips to the refrigerator.

Whatever you do, don’t actually workout.

It might be strenuous.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I didn't realize it was his first PGA win, he always seemed to be vying for a major win and coming just short, figured he had won regular tour events before. Good for him, he's a player for sure.

Kent

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congrats to WZ. He is one helluva putter.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Winter golf has arrived. 41* and 20mph south wind this morning. It was a little chilly on the front nine.

On the positive side, my new irons are supposed to be delivered sometime tomorrow.

Fed ex home delivery is much like waiting on the cable guy and they require a signature. My luck is I will miss them no matter how hard I try to be home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I went to the LIV Championship in Trump Doral last Sunday.

Was a lot of fun. If anyone finds one nearby I’d recommend.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RUM7
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You’re probably one of those types that can’t be in the sun more than 15 minutes.

LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Picked up golfing in 1991 while stationed in Berlin Germany. Friend of mine asked me if I ever golfed and I was like, grown men chasing a little white ball around for half the day? No thank you! Over the next couple weeks He kept pressing me and asked just to go to the driving range with him. I didn't know anything about golf so I thought we were going to get one of them little buggies and drive around making fun of the idiots out the chasing that little white ball, so I said hells yeah.

We get there and I found out the driving range was where you stand in one spot and whack the fuçk out of the ball. I'm like ok sure.

So there I was, standing there looking down at the little white ball sitting on some soft rubber tube thingy. All around me people are whacking away and balls are flying. Im thinking to myself that I'm going to hit this ball and it's going to go straight out about 300 to 400 yards. I swung at that ball and the instant the club hit the little m'fer I was well and truly hooked. The ball made a hard right slice, went about 30 ft in about a 85° angle. After that and me being a perfectionist I devoted ever spare minute I had from then on golfing. I had a 2 handicap by the time I left Berlin in 1993. Golfed as often as I could up until 2002 when I broke my back and haven't been able to golf since.

I sure miss whacking that damnable ball........

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MPat70
Picked up golfing in 1991 while stationed in Berlin Germany. Friend of mine asked me if I ever golfed and I was like, grown men chasing a little white ball around for half the day? No thank you! Over the next couple weeks He kept pressing me and asked just to go to the driving range with him. I didn't know anything about golf so I thought we were going to get one of them little buggies and drive around making fun of the idiots out the chasing that little white ball, so I said hells yeah.

We get there and I found out the driving range was where you stand in one spot and whack the fuçk out of the ball. I'm like ok sure.

So there I was, standing there looking down at the little white ball sitting on some soft rubber tube thingy. All around me people are whacking away and balls are flying. Im thinking to myself that I'm going to hit this ball and it's going to go straight out about 300 to 400 yards. I swung at that ball and the instant the club hit the little m'fer I was well and truly hooked. The ball made a hard right slice, went about 30 ft in about a 85° angle. After that and me being a perfectionist I devoted ever spare minute I had from then on golfing. I had a 2 handicap by the time I left Berlin in 1993. Golfed as often as I could up until 2002 when I broke my back and haven't been able to golf since.

It misses you as well.

Sorry about your back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think golf would be much more interesting if they allowed heckling and trash talking from the crowd like they do at a baseball game. Pro golfers are way too uptight.

Last edited by JGRaider; 11/05/22.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think golf would be much more interesting if they allowed heckling and trash talking from the crowd like they do at a baseball game. Pro golfers are way too uptight.

Waste management open is on my bucket list.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
I went to the LIV Championship in Trump Doral last Sunday.

Was a lot of fun. If anyone finds one nearby I’d recommend.

I’ve been watching them since the Boston event. The teams makes it really interesting and gives more viewing time for more than just the top 10 (or whatever) players. The shotgun start makes it a little difficult to follow but not a big deal. Everyone at the events, including the players look like they’re having a good time. PGA events are too serious to be fun….

I watched some the Saudi event, course was empty of spectators except for around 18 green. What the hell? It’s their league, aren’t they allowed to have fun? Never mind, it’s Saudi Arabia…

Looking forward to next year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MPat70

That sucks about your back…. I’ve had lower back surgery and 3 vertebrae fused in my neck but I’m still able to play. Been playing the stupid game for 27 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had back surgery in 2003. I played my first game this last July since 2002. I did crappy. But I now have a little putting green in my basement. I can't drive worth a dam, but I would like to be the guy who can be the master putter.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Flave, I gotta question, you have a minute?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA
Hey Flave, I gotta question, you have a minute?

Yes.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Fowler fugked that up pretty good.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I would hate to have to think about that all night. On the 18th hole of all holes. Atleast he is still in the last group.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

I would hate to have to think about that all night. On the 18th hole of all holes. Atleast he is still in the last group.

Yeah. That was rough.

I hope Rory gets hit by lightning.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I'm pissed, I have analog....an antenna on the gable and did not get the open coverage! I like Fowler, and would really like to see him and his beautiful wife have reason to celebrate tonight! They are both a class act, and I detest Rory and his self righteous BS!

Page 113 of 116 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.