Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
High Noon;
Good afternoon sir, I trust the first Sunday in November is still treating you all well.

Thanks so much for the gracious reply, I'm always taken aback when folks are so kind to me, please know I'll do my best to deserve it in future posts.

Regarding the use of that word or others, despite many Canadians protesting to the contrary I've found that we do have regional accents, phrasing and dialogue. That's not including the obvious Quebecois/Francophone New Brunswick natives and of course the Newfoundlanders as well.

In fact when I've talked to some folks stateside, they're surprised to learn I grew up in Saskatchewan because I tend to talk slower than my friends and family back home. The prairie folks accuse us out west of the Rockies of having a "BC drawl" sometimes.

This, for example and exhibit A, is a conversation between my usual hunting partner, our eldest daughter and I one afternoon about 4 seasons back. My wife and I have lived out here in central somewhat rural BC for 38 years now and our girls are born and raised here, so here's a couple of BC rednecks discussing Blue Grouse's cognitive capabilities. grin

Now for sure sir it's not a Mississippi drawl for sure, but even when we were travelling in your state we found it interesting to note the differences.

When we were in Weslaco, I was joking with a young lady clerk at the grocery store that I had traveled a long ways to hear a Texas drawl and was thus far not hearing it. She replied something like, "Oh you have to go to Dallas-Fort Worth for that sir. We can't hardly understand them!". laugh

Thanks again, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by hanco
I hosed a few girls down when I was single!

Impossible, hosers can't tolerate the Texas heat.

........Anyways, the reason I answered is that sometimes, it does get warm up here.

Lytton, BC is 4 and a bit hours north of us and into the middle a bit more than us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extreme_temperatures_in_Canada

On that day, it was "only" 47° C in the shade at our place if memory serves. Was warmish last June for sure.

Thanks Dwayne, good luck to you too. This kind of proves my point though, no self-respecting Texan would consider 47 degrees to be hot grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Morning sir!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

And there you have it in a nutshell I guess? laugh

Indeed I do consider that what the locals might call "pretty damn hot".. laugh

Thanks for the laugh this morning - it's snowing here - again, so the plow tractor will be put to work once it's light out.

All the best, have a good week and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Morning Dwayne. The wind is blowing a gale this morning here, but not too cold. That's supposed to change by mid-to late this week, with some snow.

I just watched your chicken video, where are they when you're trudging through the woods with a shotgun in your hand??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.