Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No prob.
Have had good results with that primer too.

The charge depends on the brass.
Remingtons handle 13, Winchester/WCC military brass 12.5.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert
When Lil Gun first came out, they had no data for the K-Hornet - so I called them.
The tech I spoke to, told me there was no way to get enough of that powder into either a Hornet, or K-Hornet case - and exceed max pressure.
But, Lil Gun did not compress well.
In those rounds, Lil Gun gets more velocity with less pressure, due to a "lower and longer peak on the pressure curve".
When I later saw charts of the pressure curve, it became very clear what I was told was true.
I'd look for another cause of your problem.
Please keep us informed.

Mark,

just noticing this post of yours from November of last year...

" Calling the manufacturer".... you got a few small compliments for doing so... which makes sense to me...

However I think back to when I called Sierra after having a failure to open up, on one of the new GameKing Plastic Tip bullets.

Bet ya I got flamed for at least a 100 pages.. and occasionally there is one or two of those clowns that still like to bring up the flaming again and again.

To me it makes common sense to call the manufacturer for an opinion or explanation or advise.. they made the product...

on the other hand, I gather a lot of other campfire heroes think you need to turn in your man card, if you contact the factory techs for some info..

once again, there are people who use their head and think.. and those that don't... the Campfire has more of the latter, than the former...

hope this finds you and the Warden doing well.. please give Joy a Hug from me and Judie...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by HawkI
No prob.
Have had good results with that primer too.

The charge depends on the brass.
Remingtons handle 13, Winchester/WCC military brass 12.5.

I have Remington brass for mine. Found some federal small pistol magnum primers yesterday. I also bought a few new Ruger 77/17 hornet mags, they are so much better at feeding the khornet. Going to load some up shortly as we are getting another blast of snow… curious as to how some of the above posts loading over 13g with 40g and 45g bullets

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 38 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,158
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.