Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Hastings
Hastings gets easily confused on such things. Lot's of God's promises are conditional.
You reckon the covenant with Abraham was conditional? GOD said it was EVER lasting.Think the miraculous survival of the Jews and their miraculous return to The physical land of Israel after almost 2000 years is not part of that covenant? Think that the huge outsize influence of Jews on world commerce and decision making is not part of that covenant? The Lord did not bring them this far to abandon them now. Read Isaiah 66.
Can you read, especially the red lettered part Muffin posted? Do you know what IF means?
I understand, God did punish Israel, He did not disinherit them. As evidenced by 1948 until now. Stay tuned. The Lord will vindicate his name.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind.

We really are pieces of shìt.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I understand, God did punish Israel, He did not disinherit them. As evidenced by 1948 until now. Stay tuned. The Lord will vindicate his name.

John 8:47 squares everything up succinctly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind.

We really are pieces of shìt.

P

Been that way since God created man. Nothing new, and God isn't taken by surprise by anything.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I realize that Arabs are a big part of Israel’s population and economy but Israel would be best off to give them the boot out the country IMO.

I’d be fine with letting Israel kill all the Muslims.

Let God sort em out. 😀

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind. We really are pieces of shìt.
I’m not disagreeing with ya’. But I’m convinced that we are ‘still’ the supreme objects of His creation. He paid a heavy price to reconcile us to Himself.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
John 8:47 squares everything up succinctly.
Right

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Probably the best known passage in the Bible. No works, no sacrifices, faith and faith alone. The Jews don't have the faith. They reject Jesus and still want to play the sacrifice game. By God's word, it will fail. The old covenant will fail because they didn't follow it and Jesus made a new one.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Probably the best known passage in the Bible. No works, no sacrifices, faith and faith alone. The Jews don't have the faith. They reject Jesus and still want to play the sacrifice game. By God's word, it will fail. The old covenant will fail because they didn't follow it and Jesus made a new one.
I'm enjoying this discussion but I've got to go check the cows. Why not read up in Matthew a bit? I'll be back in a while. Thanks and God bless

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. Not sure about the details of how it plays out but I doubt it will be in favor of those who claim the old covenant void. Jesus clearly said he came for the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:6, Matthew 15:24.

Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Judaism separated itself from Christianity.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Even after the 1000 year reign with Christ, sadly, many will still reject him.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. Not sure about the details of how it plays out but I doubt it will be in favor of those who claim the old covenant void. Jesus clearly said he came for the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:6, Matthew 15:24.

Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Judaism separated itself from Christianity.
No

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You have not read Deuteronomy 28?

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want to know where the Levites will come from, who will make these sacrifices.

All the genealogical records were burned up in 70AD.

Just like when someone says Christians have to tithe. Only the Levite was authorized to receive the tithe...hence a Jewish thing. Christians are told to give freely, from the heart, not under compulsion.

You see, without a Levitical Priesthood, there is no Judaism.

There is now a High Priest who sits on the Throne in the Heavenly realm. Follow Him.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tarbe

You have not read Deuteronomy 28?

Deut 8:18 You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
19 And if you forget the LORD your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I solemnly warn you today that you shall surely perish.
20 Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so shall you perish, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hastings gets easily confused on such things. Lot's of God's promises are conditional.
You reckon the covenant with Abraham was conditional? GOD said it was EVER lasting.Think the miraculous survival of the Jews and their miraculous return to The physical land of Israel after almost 2000 years is not part of that covenant? Think that the huge outsize influence of Jews on world commerce and decision making is not part of that covenant? The Lord did not bring them this far to abandon them now. Read Isaiah 66.

See post above citing Deut.

Moses, in Deut 30/32 Clearly says it is conditional, AND it is the promise GOD made to Abraham........ Moses says so.........

AND, if you can't or will not accept Moses writings, then how can you believe in JESUS!??

Last edited by Muffin; 11/08/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Moses wrote the Law under God's direction. If you can't accept Moses' writings, you don't even believe the law. If you don't believe in Jesus either, you have NOTHING. You're neither Jew nor Christian.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Moses wrote the Law under God's direction. If you can't accept Moses' writings, you don't even believe the law. If you don't believe in Jesus either, you have NOTHING. You're neither Jew nor Christian.
Not for you to say sir.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.

JOSHUA said not ONE of GODs promises made to the house of Israel failed, all came to pass. DONE, then, not at some time future to Joshua!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.