Home
Benjamin Netanyahu was just elected Prime Minister. I think this is his 3d time in the job. He was put in office by the far right and now they're going to demand that he give them what they want. What they want is more rights on the Temple Mount. It's controlled by the Muslims. Muslims can pray on the mount but Jews can't and the Jews demand equal rights. Also, the only approach to the mount that Jews are allowed to use is a narrow bridge that's in need of repair. They want easier access.
There are more demands but those 2 alone are enough to start major battles, especially the prayer issue.
But, there's another big one that could arise. The Jews have long wanted to rebuild their temple and start offering sacrifices again. There isn't room on the mount for a temple but there's plenty of room for an alter. We might soon be seeing a big push for an alter and the beginning of sacrifices again. I think you can imagine what will happen if that starts. The Muslim world will totally explode and there will be bloodshed.
With their fifth election in less than for years I'm not sure Israelis know what the hell they want.
Killing in the name of God, always a worthy endeavor.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Old testament God is my favorite too.

P

Yeah, just ask the Christians, jews, moslems, hindus, the list is endless...
Posted By: las Re: It could get lively in Israel - 11/07/22
Religion - all religion - may just be the biggest con of all time.

P

Yep, a lot of murderous vipers need to be bled.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]mens names that start with j

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]girl names that mean brave

I think we are seeing Trump's promise to flip Israel coming true.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
P
The last two world wars had nothing to do with religion.
Originally Posted by las
We will all find out sooner or later.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Benjamin Netanyahu was just elected Prime Minister. I think this is his 3d time in the job. He was put in office by the far right and now they're going to demand that he give them what they want. What they want is more rights on the Temple Mount. It's controlled by the Muslims. Muslims can pray on the mount but Jews can't and the Jews demand equal rights. Also, the only approach to the mount that Jews are allowed to use is a narrow bridge that's in need of repair. They want easier access.
There are more demands but those 2 alone are enough to start major battles, especially the prayer issue.
But, there's another big one that could arise. The Jews have long wanted to rebuild their temple and start offering sacrifices again. There isn't room on the mount for a temple but there's plenty of room for an alter. We might soon be seeing a big push for an alter and the beginning of sacrifices again. I think you can imagine what will happen if that starts. The Muslim world will totally explode and there will be bloodshed.
There is always bloodshed in that area. I think the greater factor in how unstable the region becomes depends on Iran's stability and ability to gain nukes. A strong Iran makes for a bloodier insurrection in and around Israel.

P

Stalin beat them all killing in the name of atheism.

So there's that.
One thing you can say about Uncle Ben, he don't take no crap from the arabs.
Tin foil too tight tight this morning?
Plenty of posts by those who have no idea what REAL Christianity is. There are plenty of false churches to chose from.
Plenty of posts by those who have no idea what REAL Christianity is. There are plenty of false churches to chose from.

Tell us about your neighbor.

Im not touchin' this.
Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

As prescribed in the Holy Bible. Muslims will wish they hadn't started that fight again.
I know that this is going off on a tangent from the OP; but threads on the Campfire sometimes tend to do that. Especially threads pertaining to religious stuff.

I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned Christianity based on anything directly related to the original version of Christianity. And I’ve certainly never heard a story from anyone who abandoned Christianity based on anything directly related to Jesus Himself.
Originally Posted by antlers
I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned Christianity based on anything directly related to the original version of Christianity. And I’ve certainly never heard a story from anyone who abandoned Christianity based on anything directly related to Jesus Himself.
Perhaps because no one believes your version.
Epstien didn't sacrifice himself.
Originally Posted by plumbum

P

So there's that.

P

So there's that.
Mao was another atheist that killed a few. Oh and that Hitler guy…
Originally Posted by Distridr
Epstien didn't sacrifice himself.

Which isnt t'say he wasnt sacrificed ?
Posted By: KFWA Re: It could get lively in Israel - 11/07/22
pretty wild they elected him back into power
I realize that Arabs are a big part of Israel’s population and economy but Israel would be best off to give them the boot out the country IMO.

Access to holy sites under Muslim control is not an area I practice, but my understanding is that the government of Israel, rather than the Waqf (Muslim authority over holy sites) is the one who prevents Jews from accessing all of the Temple Mount and praying there. Same thing with Jews trying to travel to other important Jewish religious sites, such as Hevron, which are under Muslim control.

Why? To try to keep the peace with Muslims, which is an idiotic objective given that Muslims never want peace with others. This has been status quo there for all of Bibi's prior terms in office so I doubt there will be anything changed about it this time.

Likewise, I'm not an expert on religion, but I believe only a very small number of Jews would revert to making sacrifices in a rebuilt Temple. Sacrifice, at this point, is done through symbolic acts rather than actual slaughter.

There are a lot of places that Jews can't travel, like Gaza. When I was in Israel earlier this year I drove from Jerusalem to get to Ramallah to visit an employee who was on her annual military duty. This is what I got on Waze (you'll see that it's actually Israeli law that we can't go to certain places controlled by Muslims).

I ignored the warning, but the laws and rules exist, just as they did under prior terms of Bibi (and Sharon, who was much more willing to assert Jewish rights than Bibi has been). I got the same message on Waze when I drove to Gaza and I don't think Bibi is going to change any of this.
There is a lot of Biblical prophecy going on over there. The Israelis are in the process of building Solomons temple for the third time. Also there are red heifers from Texas over there now. The significance of that is an offering and to sacrifice for the priests that will be working in the temple.
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
There is a lot of Biblical prophecy going on over there. The Israelis are in the process of building Solomons temple for the third time. Also there are red heifers from Texas over there now. The significance of that is an offering and to sacrifice for the priests that will be working in the temple.

Where did you get the information about Israel being in the process of building the Third Temple? It's so far from the truth that I'd like to see whatever evidence someone has for this.

We can't even conduct archaeological digs in the Jewish quarter of the old city, there would be massive riots and violence if we tried to do anything at the Temple Mount (which is part of the Muslim quarter). I couldn't even get within 100 yards of an old entrance from the Jewish quarter to the Temple Mount a few months ago.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

As prescribed in the Holy Bible. Muslims will wish they hadn't started that fight again.

In building another temple or an altar, the Jews could also not be executing the prophecies from the Bible. They are not the first or the last to unintentionally deviate from what they are supposed to do. David Koresh thought he was the Messiah, after all, and he thought the ATF raid was the End Times.

But he was wrong.

And so might be those who would build another Temple or altar. Maybe the right temple is years or even generations down the road.
The Orthodox Jews seek the wrong Messiah and there will be no lasting peace.

Jesus is the true and only Messiah.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

In the end, a handful of Jews will realize that and will become the greatest wave of evangelism ever seen.

In the end, a handful of Jews will realize that and will become the greatest wave of evangelism ever seen.

Yes, a small remnant will accept him.
Evangelicals are beginning to see Jews are not exactly Old Testament Christians after all, but something quite different and distinct. They even begin to realize the only Christian conversion that ever will take place in Occupied Palestine, the Holy Land, is their precious dollars into shekels.
Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Someone got something right!

In building another temple or an altar, the Jews could also not be executing the prophecies from the Bible. They are not the first or the last to unintentionally deviate from what they are supposed to do. David Koresh thought he was the Messiah, after all, and he thought the ATF raid was the End Times.

But he was wrong.

And so might be those who would build another Temple or altar. Maybe the right temple is years or even generations down the road.

It was for them.

Just curious and forgive me for my ignorance, but, "start offering sacrifices again", what do they sacrifice?
This is going to be a mess. Compare what is called The Temple Mount to a Roman fortress. That is the Fortress Antonia not the Temple Mount.
'...and the former things will not be remembered or even come to mind...'
Could get lively here too.
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Just curious and forgive me for my ignorance, but, "start offering sacrifices again", what do they sacrifice?
sheep, cattle, doves, depending on what they can afford. At least that's what the ancients sacrificed.
The fools. Jesus was sacrificed for them so they'd never have to do it again but they rejected him.
Ba Dee Ba Dee That’s all Folks ..
So many Nazi movies on Amazon always indicate Israel is planning another horrific attack somewhere and needs moral cover. They don't have the balls or means to hit Iran, as they want. So it's probably Syria. With Russia preoccupied with cousin Zelensky, it looks easy to lure Iran into mortal combat. Then Uncle Schmuel will do the bombing for them. These are Hollywood types. Very simple plot....
The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. Not sure about the details of how it plays out but I doubt it will be in favor of those who claim the old covenant void. Jesus clearly said he came for the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:6, Matthew 15:24.

Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism.

I think it was necessary. The Apostles had a difficult time convincing converted Jews to stop attending their Jewish Temples.

The Jewish leaders of that time had become a power structure that ruled over and persecuted its followers,...as evidenced by the fact that it called for the death of the Messiah because he challenged that power structure.
is there going to be anything left of society within the next 2 years....

Is the entire planet falling apart just because we have Joe Biden in the White House?

I guess what truly is a Satan is all the leftist looney toons getting their way, and people fighting back against other's oppressions...

Does a right side exist on anything, or is the 'right side' whoever happens to destroy everyone else?

what future are we passing down to our children and grandchildren... if any of them survive current world situations.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism.

I think it was necessary. The Apostles had a difficult time convincing converted Jews to stop attending their Jewish Temples.

The Jewish leaders of that time had become a power structure that ruled over and persecuted its followers,...as evidenced by the fact that it called for the death of the Messiah because he challenged that power structure.

Ya..

Cuz that’s where the Money Was ..

Necessary?????? It was the Plan....
The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. Not sure about the details of how it plays out but I doubt it will be in favor of those who claim the old covenant void. Jesus clearly said he came for the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:6, Matthew 15:24.

Christianity I believe went off down the wrong road when it separated from Judaism. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

That is NOT what Moses says...............
Originally Posted by Muffin

Genesis !7:7 God "an everlasting covenant"

Genesis !7:7 God "an everlasting covenant"

It was CONDITIONAL....

Deut 30 -

15 “See, I have set before you today life and [t]prosperity, and death and [u]adversity; 16 in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter [v]and possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your [w]descendants, 20 by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for [x]this is your life and the length of your days, [y]that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

How do you '...prolong (everlasting) days in the land...' ?????

Deut 32

44 Then Moses came and spoke all the words of this song in the hearing of the people, he, with [q]Joshua the son of Nun. 45 When Moses had finished speaking all these words to all Israel, 46 he said to them, “Take to your heart all the words with which I am warning you today, which you shall command your sons to observe [r]carefully, even all the words of this law. 47 For it is not an idle word for you; indeed it is your life. And by this word you will prolong your days in the land, [s]which you are about to cross the Jordan to [t]possess.”

Again, IT WAS CONDITIONAL.......... or Moses was wrong, or we don't like 'his' books either.....
Hastings gets easily confused on such things. Lot's of God's promises are conditional.
Hastings gets easily confused on such things. Lot's of God's promises are conditional.
Jesus said that the Jews would reject him and that their temple would be destroyed. He then hand picked Paul to take the message to the Gentiles - to US. Jesus wouldn't pick someone who would refute his word. Rejecting Paul is rejecting the Lord's words.
Jesus said that the Jews would reject him and that their temple would be destroyed. He then hand picked Paul to take the message to the Gentiles - to US. Jesus wouldn't pick someone who would refute his word. Rejecting Paul is rejecting the Lord's words.

Thanks.
The Abrahamic Covenant is not the old covenant.

It’s made clear that the old covenant refers to the Mosaic Covenant, the covenant that God made with the Hebrews only, at Sinai.

And it’s pretty straightforward to contrast the Mosaic Covenant…which is the “old covenant”…with Jesus’ New Covenant.

We are provided with ample evidence that the Mosaic Covenant is inferior to Jesus’ New Covenant in every way. The old covenant offered temporary blessings…to the Hebrews only…in exchange for human works, in sharp contrast to lasting/eternal blessings for all people in exchange for Jesus’ works in His New Covenant.

And there’s a sharp contrast between the Abrahamic Covenant and the old covenant. The works-based nature of the old covenant…the Law of Moses…is in sharp contrast to the grace-based natures of both the Abrahamic Covenant and Jesus’ New Covenant.

The Abrahamic Covenant is important in salvation history for all, and the Apostle Paul makes it clear that those who are united to Jesus by faith are truly Abraham’s descendants…not just the Hebrews…while also saying that the promise of a Savior was given as part of the Abrahamic Covenant.
Originally Posted by Seafire
is there going to be anything left of society within the next 2 years....

Is the entire planet falling apart just because we have Joe Biden in the White House?

I guess what truly is a Satan is all the leftist looney toons getting their way, and people fighting back against other's oppressions...

Does a right side exist on anything, or is the 'right side' whoever happens to destroy everyone else?

what future are we passing down to our children and grandchildren... if any of them survive current world situations.

Ha. The world is screwed in its present condition where good has become Evil everywhere. That's why Christ is moving on earth helping those created in HIS image throw off the Satanic cabal that rules it.

We are in that battle that has been brewing since Satan beguiled Eve wholly in the Garden of Eden where Satan scattered his seed of tares in the fertile field (of Eves furrow) along with God's seed of wheat.

1 John 3:11-12.

JESUS let us know in John that the Sadducees and Pharasees were not real jews when He refuted that they were Hebrew. The Hebrew were from God. JESUS told them He was of the Father and not them, or they would know him.

Remember GODS warning to those who claimed to be jews but did lie. He was referring to those false jews, the Kenites, who were decendants of Cain.

That's the Vipers JESUS whipped out of the Holy Temple saying they were vipers (remember, He didn't call names or lie) and that He knew their father the murderer from the beginning, referring to Cain who killed Able in the Garden of Eden.

IOW, the jews who had JESUS Crucified were not the real Jews. Our churches don't reveal this because they too have been infiltrated by Satan and his minions.

And now you know the Truth.
The end times prophecies are all centered around ancient Rome - essentially Europe and the Middle East. The entire world will be drawn in, but the center of it will be the countries of the Roman empire. Biden is just falling in line with what's going on over there.
You reckon the covenant with Abraham was conditional? GOD said it was EVER lasting.Think the miraculous survival of the Jews and their miraculous return to The physical land of Israel after almost 2000 years is not part of that covenant? Think that the huge outsize influence of Jews on world commerce and decision making is not part of that covenant? The Lord did not bring them this far to abandon them now. Read Isaiah 66.

Yep, no if's, and's, or but's about it.
You reckon the covenant with Abraham was conditional? GOD said it was EVER lasting.Think the miraculous survival of the Jews and their miraculous return to The physical land of Israel after almost 2000 years is not part of that covenant? Think that the huge outsize influence of Jews on world commerce and decision making is not part of that covenant? The Lord did not bring them this far to abandon them now. Read Isaiah 66.

Can you read, especially the red lettered part Muffin posted? Do you know what IF means?
Can you read, especially the red lettered part Muffin posted? Do you know what IF means?
I understand, God did punish Israel, He did not disinherit them. As evidenced by 1948 until now. Stay tuned. The Lord will vindicate his name.
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind.

We really are pieces of shìt.

P
I understand, God did punish Israel, He did not disinherit them. As evidenced by 1948 until now. Stay tuned. The Lord will vindicate his name.

John 8:47 squares everything up succinctly.
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind.

We really are pieces of shìt.

P

Been that way since God created man. Nothing new, and God isn't taken by surprise by anything.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I realize that Arabs are a big part of Israel’s population and economy but Israel would be best off to give them the boot out the country IMO.

I’d be fine with letting Israel kill all the Muslims.

Let God sort em out. 😀
Sometimes when I read about stuff like this I apologize to God for the evil of mankind. We really are pieces of shìt.
I’m not disagreeing with ya’. But I’m convinced that we are ‘still’ the supreme objects of His creation. He paid a heavy price to reconcile us to Himself.
John 8:47 squares everything up succinctly.
Right
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Probably the best known passage in the Bible. No works, no sacrifices, faith and faith alone. The Jews don't have the faith. They reject Jesus and still want to play the sacrifice game. By God's word, it will fail. The old covenant will fail because they didn't follow it and Jesus made a new one.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Probably the best known passage in the Bible. No works, no sacrifices, faith and faith alone. The Jews don't have the faith. They reject Jesus and still want to play the sacrifice game. By God's word, it will fail. The old covenant will fail because they didn't follow it and Jesus made a new one.
I'm enjoying this discussion but I've got to go check the cows. Why not read up in Matthew a bit? I'll be back in a while. Thanks and God bless

Judaism separated itself from Christianity.
Even after the 1000 year reign with Christ, sadly, many will still reject him.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Judaism separated itself from Christianity.
No

You have not read Deuteronomy 28?
I want to know where the Levites will come from, who will make these sacrifices.

All the genealogical records were burned up in 70AD.

Just like when someone says Christians have to tithe. Only the Levite was authorized to receive the tithe...hence a Jewish thing. Christians are told to give freely, from the heart, not under compulsion.

You see, without a Levitical Priesthood, there is no Judaism.

There is now a High Priest who sits on the Throne in the Heavenly realm. Follow Him.
Originally Posted by Tarbe

You have not read Deuteronomy 28?

Deut 8:18 You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
19 And if you forget the LORD your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I solemnly warn you today that you shall surely perish.
20 Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so shall you perish, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.

See post above citing Deut.

Moses, in Deut 30/32 Clearly says it is conditional, AND it is the promise GOD made to Abraham........ Moses says so.........

AND, if you can't or will not accept Moses writings, then how can you believe in JESUS!??
Moses wrote the Law under God's direction. If you can't accept Moses' writings, you don't even believe the law. If you don't believe in Jesus either, you have NOTHING. You're neither Jew nor Christian.
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.
Moses wrote the Law under God's direction. If you can't accept Moses' writings, you don't even believe the law. If you don't believe in Jesus either, you have NOTHING. You're neither Jew nor Christian.
Not for you to say sir.
So the everlasting covenant was annulled. There is a new covenant. God's promise to Abraham was not truth. Reckon? I am going to have to study that. Maybe I was wrong when both the Jehovah's Witnesses and by golly the Mormon boys both broke open the book of Ezekiel and told me the dry bones brought back to life were them. The JWs got absolutely hostile when I told that was about real Jews and that it had already happened in 1948 with the rebirth of Israel. Maybe the God I thought would not and could not lie did in fact not keep his promise to Abraham. Maybe.

JOSHUA said not ONE of GODs promises made to the house of Israel failed, all came to pass. DONE, then, not at some time future to Joshua!
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I’d be interested in how they explained Ezekiel 23:20
So the everlasting covenant was annulled....

Fulfilled. Not annulled.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Read the whole chapter, Jerusalem and Samaria........... Revelation refers to the 'woman' as the whore or the harlot, old in adulteries...... also REV, the woman is 'the great city'..... the great city - 'wherein our LORD was Crucified...'
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Children of the Devil-1_305x240.jpg
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Read the whole chapter, Jerusalem and Samaria........... Revelation refers to the 'woman' as the whore or the harlot, old in adulteries...... also REV, the woman is 'the great city'..... the great city - 'wherein our LORD was Crucified...'

Was meant to be light hearted. A couple momo missionaries explaining a chick banging a donkey.

I’ll not debate biblical chapters. smile
Gen 17:9 And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

The Jews did NOT keep the covenant as commanded. At this time God didn't specify a punishment if they failed to keep it but he was firm in his order that they do. We see later what happened when they broke it.
There probably aren't a lot of dispensationalist sermons preached from the book of Jeremiah....
It’s Bible scholar time.

LOL

Fugking idiots.
The Covenant was with Abraham and his seed. And that seed is Christ.

If you are in Christ, you are a fellow-heir to all the promises.

If one does not believe that, he is either ignorant or an unbeliever.

That is what I believe!
All I know is a miracle happened in 1948 foretold in Isaiah 66:8. After almost 2000 years of a tiny population being dispersed over the world in one day was reestablished as a nation. A miracle. It withstood murderous Arab armies on every side except the ocean. I watched in horror in 1967 as the Jewish nation was about to be annihilated. All the sudden Syria's air force was destroyed and the whole Egyptian army was captured.

GOD "If I forget thee O Jerusalem"
Originally Posted by Stophel
[Linked Image]
Do you dislike the whole Jewish people? All of them?
Originally Posted by Stophel
[Linked Image]
Do you dislike the whole Jewish people? All of them?

Do you dislike the Word of God?

Jesus had nothing but condemnation for the Jews. He preached against their blasphemous religion (no, they do NOT "just follow the Old Testament"...). Should one renounce that religion, and embrace Christ, then that would be wonderful, just as with anyone else. The first Christians were, obviously, of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. Many followed Him. Most did not. Jesus says those that reject Him are NOT children of Abraham, but children of the Devil, as it is his will that they do. They were impostors. God promised to make them a nation before Him no more forever if they continued to disobey Him. He said He would repent of the good things He was going to give to them because "My covenant they brake". God created a New Covenant. Christians are God's chosen people... not the "jews".

On top of all this, those who call themselves jews today, and are not, are doubly impostors, as they are not the least bit descended from Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob.

To trust any of these impostors would be foolish.
Originally Posted by las

I agree!
Gen 17:9 And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

The Jews did NOT keep the covenant as commanded. At this time God didn't specify a punishment if they failed to keep it but he was firm in his order that they do. We see later what happened when they broke it.

And the the LORD came and smiteth the heathans and those who argue on the internet
I think the original version of Christianity, the one modeled by Jesus and His earliest followers, is the one that most people nowadays would also find appealing. Unfortunately, it’s not the one that many people nowadays have experienced themselves, or seen practiced by others who profess to be Christians.

Christianity took the right turn when it officially separated itself from Judaism very early on, in the mid-first century. Jesus didn’t come to expand the old covenant (the Law of Moses) or Judaism. He came to fulfill the old covenant (the Law of Moses) and establish His New Covenant. His life and death and resurrection fulfilled the requirements of the Law of Moses, and freed people from the demands of that old covenant. The old covenant was just a precursor to the New Covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the Hebrew scriptures. Jesus’ establishment of His New Covenant is a fulfillment, it’s not a continuation. It’s wasn’t Judaism 2.0, it was something brand spankin’ new.

The only religious law that Christians are obligated to obey is the Law of Christ. It’s all-encompassing.
I think the original version of Christianity, the one modeled by Jesus and His earliest followers, is the one that most people nowadays would also find appealing. Unfortunately, it’s not the one that many people nowadays have experienced themselves, or seen practiced by others who profess to be Christians.

Christianity took the right turn when it officially separated itself from Judaism very early on, in the mid-first century. Jesus didn’t come to expand the old covenant (the Law of Moses) or Judaism. He came to fulfill the old covenant (the Law of Moses) and establish His New Covenant. His life and death and resurrection fulfilled the requirements of the Law of Moses, and freed people from the demands of that old covenant. The old covenant was just a precursor to the New Covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the Hebrew scriptures. Jesus’ establishment of His New Covenant is a fulfillment, it’s not a continuation. It’s wasn’t Judaism 2.0, it was something brand spankin’ new.

The only religious law that Christians are obligated to obey is the Law of Christ. It’s all-encompassing.
Any thoughts on the return of the Jews to their homeland after a worldwide dispersion of nearly 2000 years? It seems a miracle to me. Maybe God directed it?

The U.N. vote to partition Palestine for a Jewish homeland was 33 to 13 and 10 abstentions, with Cuba being the only Christian nation to vote no, unless you count Greece who voted no. The British Commonwealth, the U.S.S.R. and its satellites, the USA, Canada, and most of Latin America voted yes. India and China in deference to their large Muslim population went against.

I say it was the biggest miracle since Jesus left and something that had to happen before he returns. Is God through with the Jews?
I think that for over the last 2,000 years…and definitely since 1948…the overwhelming majority of the Jewish people have been living more than a little bit in the dark because they rejected the Light that entered the world through them.

And I think that the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 is most definitely not the same Israel that had an on-again, off-again relationship with God that was described throughout the books of the Old Testament and into the New Testament. The only connections that are apparent to me between then and now is their still common rejection of Jesus’ divinity and of Him as the Messiah, and their use of the name “Israel.”

According to the latest population statistics for Israeli adults: 43% self-identify as secular, 22% self-identify as traditional but not very religious, 13% self-identify as traditional-religious, 11% self-identify as religious, and 10% self-identify as ultra-Orthodox. So 65% of Israeli adults lives nowadays have little or no religious or spiritual basis at all. Pretty stunning numbers for “God’s chosen people.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/latest-population-statistics-for-israel

People can draw their own conclusions about Israel’s place in God’s economy nowadays, and whether or not they’re still “God’s chosen people.” I personally think that “chosen” nowadays refers to those who have decided to follow…and put their trust and confidence in…the Chosen One, who is Jesus Himself.

I do find it more than a little bit noticeable…even disingenuous…that you ask specific questions of others regarding these matters, who are more than willing to answer your specific questions, while you yourself repeatedly and absolutely refuse to answer the specific questions of others regarding these matters, and instead assert:
I've never been pushed into owning up to anything,…
I think that for over the last 2,000 years…and definitely since 1948…the overwhelming majority of the Jewish people have been living more than a little bit in the dark because they rejected the Light that entered the world through them.

And I think that the nation of Israel that has existed since 1948 is most definitely not the same Israel that had an on-again, off-again relationship with God that was described throughout the books of the Old Testament and into the New Testament. The only connections that are apparent to me between then and now is their still common rejection of Jesus’ divinity and of Him as the Messiah, and their use of the name “Israel.”

According to the latest population statistics for Israeli adults: 43% self-identify as secular, 22% self-identify as traditional but not very religious, 13% self-identify as traditional-religious, 11% self-identify as religious, and 10% self-identify as ultra-Orthodox. So 65% of Israeli adults lives nowadays have little or no religious or spiritual basis at all. Pretty stunning numbers for “God’s chosen people.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/latest-population-statistics-for-israel

People can draw their own conclusions about Israel’s place in God’s economy nowadays, and whether or not they’re still “God’s chosen people.” I personally think that “chosen” nowadays refers to those who have decided to follow…and put their trust and confidence in…the Chosen One, who is Jesus Himself.

I do find it more than a little bit noticeable…even disingenuous…that you ask specific questions of others regarding these matters, who are more than willing to answer your specific questions, while you yourself repeatedly and absolutely refuse to answer the specific questions of others regarding these matters, and instead assert:
I've never been pushed into owning up to anything,…
I almost got insulted with your "disingenuous" remark but I looked the word up. I thought you were calling me stupid. I guess disingenuous is accurate in that my questions are not for the purpose of seeking information. My purpose is to encourage people to look into their beliefs and consider the possibility they might have been duped. Some things written after Jesus was gone just don't make sense.
For as long as we’ve been discussing these kind of topics on these kind of threads, not a single man here who professes to hold Christian beliefs has agreed with your position. Not a single one. And there are a lotta wise and intelligent and studied men here, especially when it comes to these topics in particular.

Have you ever even considered the possibility that it is ‘you’ who might have been duped regarding ‘your’ position…?
The Bible is true in it's entirety or it isn't. There's no half way true. It teaches that Jesus hand picked Paul as his apostle to the Gentiles. Paul was then guided by the Holy Spirit to say exactly what he said on all those letters he wrote. If you say that Paul was false, then you're also saying that Jesus was false because the Bible is all or none. In the 2d and 3d centuries, the Holy Spirit then led men to correctly choose what books and letters to include in the finished Bible. They rejected many for reasons only known to God. Quite likely they had errors. For sure some of them had errors. Even if some of them were totally accurate, the HS didn't make any mistakes. He knew exactly what he wanted included and that's exactly what we got.
If Jesus was wrong or the HS was wrong, the whole Bible is worthless as it would show that we have an errant God. If you want to call him false, that's your business but I wouldn't dare.
For as long as we’ve been discussing these kind of topics on these kind of threads, not a single man here who professes to hold Christian beliefs has agreed with your position. Not a single one. And there are a lotta wise and intelligent and studied men here, especially when it comes to these topics in particular.

Have you ever even considered the possibility that it is ‘you’ who might have been duped regarding ‘your’ position…?
I'm looking into it
Originally Posted by jaguartx

P

Yep, a lot of murderous vipers need to be bled.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]mens names that start with j

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]girl names that mean brave

Joe's just warming up for a nice relaxing shower later with the Grandaughter. Sick bastard.
The biggest threat on earth is the Democrat Party and their religion, or more accurately their cult, is "progressivism". I used quotes there because they have self assigned solitary dominion over what progress is.
Israel will Neutron bomb Iran the first day the Mossad tells the PM Iran has a bomb and means to deliver it.
They have no choice.
Shame israel does send a few 1 dozen Jerichos to Taiwan.
© 24hourcampfire