-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP, it would be hard to beat a 69 gr Sierra Match King for that 1:8 twist rifle as an all-around bullet.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 11/08/22.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
OP, it would be hard to beat a 69 gr Sierra Match King for that 1:8 twist rifle as an all-around bullet.

I used the Sierra 69gr MK and the Sierra 77gr MK, the 77gr gets my vote

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It's everything the Sucko ain't. Hint................(grin)

Anyway to open the Sako up? Not familiar with them.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Sucko wears proprietary Dog Schit DBM,that crosses to nothing,leaving no "moves". One of many reasons,why it's prudent to look before one leaps,for folks who actually shoot. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Got it. Never messed with the newer ones.

I’ve got a couple family pass downs in 222 and 222 Rem Mag.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Those are the only ones I’ve ever messed with.

Semper Fi
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That sucks because I like some of the rifles I’ve seen. I was looking at a nice feeling 243 the other day. It had the rail milled into the top pretty loaded up with features. I looked it up and it is a 1-10”. I like and have used many many 95gr nbts like them as much as anyone but I’m not buying or building high dollar rifles to shoot that bullet.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Very cool beretzs

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Very cool beretzs

Thanks buddy.

I wished I’d got more of the 6 CMs when Brownells was blowing them out for Christmas gifts. Even with the McM on it I was way under a 1000 bucks for a shooting Mofo done up real right.

I keep dragging my feet on the 22 CM build in hopes someone will make one. I had the bright idea of getting one of the Howa carbons in 308 or 7-08 and putting my Hawk 1-7 barrel onto it which hasn’t quite died in my head yet either.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know the lineage well and prefer the Baby A1's over the magfed earlier version(s). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Never was a Deuce Guy,mainly because I've had lotsa them. Hint.(grin)

Sucko has struggled from inception,with RPM and COAL. I keep contemplating an A1 PPC,to yield yet another 22PPC AFI for 88's. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by beretzs
Very cool beretzs

Thanks buddy.

I wished I’d got more of the 6 CMs when Brownells was blowing them out for Christmas gifts. Even with the McM on it I was way under a 1000 bucks for a shooting Mofo done up real right.

I keep dragging my feet on the 22 CM build in hopes someone will make one. I had the bright idea of getting one of the Howa carbons in 308 or 7-08 and putting my Hawk 1-7 barrel onto it which hasn’t quite died in my head yet either.

Me too. We should have got a fist full of them. My wife and I like the rifle a lot and our daughter can shoot it with no problems suppressed.

You have a good idea on the 22 rebarrel. I need to order a barrel to have waiting but my old 22-250AI just isn’t dead yet.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That 22 PPC on the Howa looks like a good one you did up. I swung that around a bit as well.

The Sakos are just fun guns for me. Once my lil man and my bigger lil guy want them and have a place for them, they can have em.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
THE Carbon Queen,is a fhuqking PEACH. Hint.

I've had lotsa Sucko's and built more than a few Customs on them. Tough to not swoon a 1913 rail,if only for starters. Hint.................(grin)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Very cool beretzs

Thanks buddy.

Me too. We should have got a fist full of them. My wife and I like the rifle a lot and our daughter can shoot it with no problems suppressed.

You have a good idea on the 22 rebarrel. I need to order a barrel to have waiting but my old 22-250AI just isn’t dead yet.

I had the 22-250 1-8 Tikka. Just never totally loved it. The magazine catches on them we’re always getting sprung and there wasn’t a way to stiffen them up. I ended up rigger taping them since I had one fall out when it was on my back.

This was just before the first trip of searching for the mag. It got the tape after that.

I swear I didn’t hurt the old sled either whistle

Last edited by beretzs; 11/08/22.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
THE Carbon Queen,is a fhuqking PEACH. Hint.

I've had lotsa Sucko's and built more than a few Customs on them. Tough to not swoon a 1913 rail,if only for starters. Hint.................(grin)

I see they’ve been getting some field time.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ALL Teeker mags excepting the CTR,are Dog Schit. Going AICS is an easy fix and vastly superior. I tend to trim mag latches and often re-spring same,because I like my mags where I left them,in the bottom of the receiver. Hint.(grin)

Multiple pards have mutherfhuqked my AICS Teeker,because they can't trip the latch...which likely ain't an "accident". Hint.

I'm an AICS Slut. Hint.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Castandblast,

Son of gael answered your question on the ar mag confines. I just meant the short msg length of 2.26 or less which sounds like yours is when a little shorter. Not to big of a deal. The RMR bullets I referred to are Rocky mountain reloading which makes their own brand of the 69 and 75 bthp.

I would think most of those bullets made for the ar magazines would work as well as most of the weights falling in the 60s. I think the 53 grain vmax would also be a good one

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
ALL Teeker mags excepting the CTR,are Dog Schit. Going AICS is an easy fix and vastly superior. I tend to trim mag latches and often re-spring same,because I like my mags where I left them,in the bottom of the receiver. Hint.(grin)

Multiple pards have mutherfhuqked my AICS Teeker,because they can't trip the latch...which likely ain't an "accident". Hint.

I'm an AICS Slut. Hint.............

I didn’t learn AICS mags for them till after I sold em. Should’ve asked. Hell, knowing that now I could’ve had McM inlet for the damn things from the get go.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is a Mountain Tac' unit,made to drop in a CTR inlet,which means it's a breeze to open up on a T3 Sporter. No thang. Hint.

Now as boolits go,the RMR 75's are junk,as per a halfa dozen of my Custom spouts. PN 3-groover was the "best" on the initial outing. Hint.

The RMR 69 is MUCH better. My Custom Krieger 22BR here and I tend to disfavor Krieger on the average. Hint.

As compared to the 69 SMK here. Hint.

The Canuckians be Re-Googlin' tonight. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wonder how they did the 69 good and nosedived the 75’s?

Thanks for the heads up. I sold all of the Tikkas except the CTR but it’s good to have options.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep track of Lot numbers,in order to extrapolate,in the event that someone has wayyyyyyyyyy better "luck" than I did with halfa fhuqking dozen High Zoot Customs. Have yet to see it happen. Hint.(grin)

I'm certainly not a Tikka Guy,but in fairness,the CTR magazines are sound...even if th platform surrounding same,is plastic milk jug bullschit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 11 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.