Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BobMt
if I am wrong sd then I apologize...but saying ...sadly he thinks it will exonerate him...when he says straight up operator error...seems to me you are belittling him...maybe I am reading it wrong...bob

I don't know what everybody else is reading but from where I'm sitting:

A.) Kamo a fugkin' snob
B.) Sitka a fugkin' ass hole
C.) Vern salt of da earth
D.) Rost silently wished everyone would stop taking pictures and help with the fugkin' bison

LOL

You left out vern leaving 5 star ratings at the cave even though they really deserved a 3.5 stars..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB4

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Forgot to thank Ptarmigan for his kind offer to haul any stuff I had left in ANC back here. All set friend, but I do appreciate the offer a bunch.

Pic of my pants back at the inn. Now you understand the previous comment about wishing I had my oilskins on for the breakdown. I was positively swimming in blood--and a monstrous amount of guts-- once we got to opening up the torso. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
As long as the DNA checks out as “non-human”!

Saaayy. Rost hasn’t posted. hmmm 🤔

😂

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gave a mule deer an aught6 enema once.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
You left out vern leaving 5 star ratings at the cave even though they really deserved a 3.5 stars..

That was covered previously.

You musta been up-armoring your Huffy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Forgot to thank Ptarmigan for his kind offer to haul any stuff I had left in ANC back here. All set friend, but I do appreciate the offer a bunch.

Pic of my pants back at the inn. Now you understand the previous comment about wishing I had my oilskins on for the breakdown. I was positively swimming in blood--and a monstrous amount of guts-- once we got to opening up the torso. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

That was covered previously.

You musta been up-armoring your Huffy.

Oh chit let me check my voicemail the revolution should be giving me a call.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
if I am wrong sd then I apologize...but saying ...sadly he thinks it will exonerate him...when he says straight up operator error...seems to me you are belittling him...maybe I am reading it wrong...bob

I don't know what everybody else is reading but from where I'm sitting:

A.) Kamo a fugkin' snob
B.) Sitka a fugkin' ass hole
C.) Vern salt of da earth
D.) Rost silently wished everyone would stop taking pictures and help with the fugkin' bison

LOL
LMFAO

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

We asked Roy to put lamb's blood and a Nicaraguan flag over the threshold so we know which house to skip.

See ya there, brother.

-Wolverines

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kamo, thanks for the story and the effort to put it all together. The Alaska team are the kind you want with you on a mission. Congrats and hope you get to do many more.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

We asked Roy to put lamb's blood and a Nicaraguan flag over the threshold so we know which house to skip.

See ya there, brother.

-Wolverines

That's a good copy commander deflave.. Nugget out.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Yeah, while I did use the cliche, it really is not an interest of mine especially with an expert rimmer like you.

Sure thing Mr. 45 Degrees.

LOL
Clearly you are clueless on the topic and chose to pick a tiny nit. GFY in the most unpleasant way.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JOG
Congratulations, KG - great story.

My own worst/best shot was at a pheasant. My brother and I had a string of consecutive hits that ran over a couple years. That says more for his shooting than mine, as I was behind a good pointer and he set himself up for the more difficult swing shots. With the dog on point and subsequent flush, I stepped forward for an easy shot right into a knee-deep hole. As the shot rang out I was off the bird by at least a couple feet. The bird veered almost straight up as I'm now on my elbows watching helplessly. After rising about 100 feet, the pheasant was apparently touched by God and fell dead. I couldn't find the hint of a pellet strike anywhere on that bird. Chalk him up, and the string continued.
I have seen that same response on several species of upland birds where they suddenly fly straight up until they die and fall straight down. All had at least one pellet in the heart.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good hunt with a great write up KG. Props to the 'Fire crew who helped you out as well. Looks like the Mrs. is happy with the meat haul. You'll remember this one for the rest of your life.

As far as the shot goes, you can't get any deader than dead. Didn't waste meat either. Some years ago in WY we came across a nice pronghorn after looking for several days. We lazed it from the truck. 398. I got a good rest and touched off the 300WM 180 NP. DRT...and all on tape. Was feeling pretty proud of myself when dad said "Damn fine shot! Right behind the ear!" I played it off for a while, but had to fess up to the boys. I was aiming for the shoulder crease. Damn thing had its head down feeding. Wind and bullet drop caught him on a hail mary. Funny story and I put it on the wall. Dead is dead.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
300wm at 400 is hardly a 'hail mary'.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I could get that frigging video off my phone he would already have it! Sadly, he thinks it will exhonerate him. It will show a bison dead in midair.

Your hypothesis is almost as bad as your spelling. Hint: the word 'exonerate' has no 'h' in it. I'm not looking for an excuse, but a possible explanation, and I know that bison moved just before that bullet hit him, as the video will show. That said, pretty obviously, and as I've readily admitted, it was operator error, no more and no less.

good job kg...dont know why sd is putting you down pretty low class ...some times shiiit happens...but thats a dead buffalo....bob
what are you smoking?!?

Bob
This was Camp Self Esteem! If anyone, myself included, returned with any we had not done our jobs! We laughed, poked fun, insulted, hated on, laughed more and generally had a great time from airport to airport and the intervening 800+ miles we drove.

We started and ended friends.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Between the miracle shot and finding a beautiful bull grouse for wall furniture this year Leighton was Golden!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I finally finished all 22 pages of this well told adventure.

Thanks for taking the time to write it all down for us along with all the pics. Hats off to the Alaska crew for all their efforts too.

Great thread KG!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Clearly you are clueless on the topic and chose to pick a tiny nit. GFY in the most unpleasant way.

There is no unpleasant way for Flave to have sex with himself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well dang, how many ways are there?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
Well dang, how many ways are there?

Depends if you have a mirror or not.

Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.