Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
May God help us gentleman. No need to reply, just reflect and live your life to the fullest, where you're at, while you can. There's no peaceful way of fixing it at this point.

I've been feeling the walls closing in as they say for a while now. If this measure 114 passes in Oregon we may be entirely out of the gun business until it goes to a higher court. They are fixin to make criminals out of Constitution-loving Americans.

I know you Pa boys took it hard last night too. I'm very sorry for your loss.

No words can assuage the anguish of the losses we're seeing around our great nation. Too soon to know how to proceed, but one thing is clear, conservatives are running out of places to go and will be forced to fight for their rights or capitulate.

LOL
GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
As a longtime resident of rural downstate IL.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The inmates are running the asylum.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by zcm82
As a longtime resident of rural downstate IL.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I left IL 28 years ago and came back to the state one time for a 3 year stint at Scott AFB. I didn't leave anything behind when I left and have no reason to go back.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Considering the Supreme Courts recent review of gun rights and it's conservative view and literal interpretation of the second amendment, I doubt 114 will hold up as constitutional.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
We can hope....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Spent the evening with the wife on the computer looking at other states and discussing the kids medical needs. We are reaching our threshold of what we will tolerate from the government. And I've lived in Oregon all but one year of my life.

LOL
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Dinny
I left IL 28 years ago and came back to the state one time for a 3 year stint at Scott AFB. I didn't leave anything behind when I left and have no reason to go back.

I've been here a couple times. This year 16 of my 2nd IL stint. First time was about 6 years when I was a kid.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been in Konnetikut all 60+ years, but it's getting time to go. Love the location, can't stand the liberal mindset that has infested the place. Politicians don't bother campaigning anywhere but the big cities, knowing that's where all the blue votes are.

I guess when you promise people free stuff, they vote for you. It's the rest of us who have to "provide" that free stuff that suffers.

Going to get to a breaking point sooner, rather than later.

Too bad, I have a lot of fond memories of all the trout streams I fished that are now mostly empty thanks to being over managed and over fished.

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
As predicted in THE SOVEREIGN INDIVIDUAL people of like minds will tell to join together.

That's why the nation state as we have known it is doomed.

Only a dictatorship can hold together people who don't want to be. Yugoslavia is the perfect post WW II example.

The USA, a non-dictatorship will soon become the Chinese Disneyland as they are a dictatorship.

Moving to another state is a temporary fix (we left NY 22 years ago) and you may not outlive the coming change.

At least 1/2 the USA doesn't care or wants to live in a elite run dictatorship. "It's all over now baby Blue."

"A man has come to terms with life when he is willing to plant trees under whose shade he will never sit."
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Spent the evening with the wife on the computer looking at other states and discussing the kids medical needs. We are reaching our threshold of what we will tolerate from the government. And I've lived in Oregon all but one year of my life.
We had DC for Heller.
We had Chicago for McDonald.
We had Massachusetts for Caetano.
We had NY for Bruen.

There's a lot of competition for what state will be the next one to help pass a massive pro-2A bill, but Oregon just put themselves near the top. Good odds your new law won't even take affect before there's injunctions against it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe.

Just tired and want to be left alone. But, getting rid of one of the worst governors in the nation just got us an openly flaming gay liberal activist woman. What do we have to look forward to, becoming even more California north?

I grew up in logging Oregon. Now I live in a liberal playground where they want to try every social experiment their sick minds can dream up. As much as I love Oregon, I'm sick of Portland and Eugene's schit.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prayers sent for you and your wife and kids and dicisions you may have to make.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by norm99
prayers sent for you and your wife and kids and dicisions you may have to make.

Norm

Thanks Norm. People all over this nation have it worse than we do.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My cousins live in Corvallis, loved it out there in 68. I thought of it as a Super Sized MD. Ocean on one side mountains on the other. You might be Cali North. We are Cali East.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just looked it up @ 1400 hrs 11 Nov. Only mail in ballots outstanding, appears it's passed! Damn! Oregon just became tougher than Ca in respect of buying a gun & perhaps re mags! Cal is also under attack in the Fed Courts here. Fed 9th Circuit (Oregon's Circuit too) some months ago reversed an anti-gun opinion & sent it back to District Court for "ruling consistent" with new SCOTUS rules.

All I can say from here in SoCal...
Good luck!
Best!
John

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Very little effort was put in to stopping this measure from passing, that’s the take away from this.
No reason for it other than complacency and defeatist attitudes, and now your first thought is to move from the home you love instead of fight for it?

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/12/22.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
-Edmund Burke

Very little effort was put in to stopping this measure from passing, that’s the take away from this.
No reason for it other than complacency and defeatist attitudes, and now your first thought is to move from the home you love instead of fight for it?

Jack, you have no idea what I'm about or what I have or haven't done with my life. You're just internet trolling.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
-Edmund Burke

Jack, you have no idea what I'm about or what I have or haven't done with my life. You're just internet trolling.

You’re right, but it would be hard to deny that you didn’t do enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
-Edmund Burke

You’re right, but it would be hard to deny that you didn’t do enough.

What do you propose he should do?

What have you done for your country other than talk sheet on the internet?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (222ND, 2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,932
Posts18,479,955
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.