Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by deflave
Well, this dollar based country whipped the ever living schit out of his.

LOL
I’d have to give most of the credit to the Russians who did most of the dying and killing. We mostly made chit for the war.

Mmmm, no.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Quak
To be fair we wailed on the Japs. Absolutely throttled them

True enough. But the Japanese fought back. The USMC was seriously depleted after their island hopping campaign during WW2.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe

True enough. But the Japanese fought back. The USMC was seriously depleted after their island hopping campaign during WW2.

Thanks for that tidbit, Bristoe.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some of you all need to go re-read some history books.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S
No schitt.....

It's like a episode of drunk history on here at times...
🤦‍♂️

IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
WWII in europe was decided at the gates of Moscow in the Winter of 1940-41. It was all downhill from there. There was nothing the Gernans could have done once Barbarossa was crushed that could have saved them from their eventual defeat. They were not set up for attrition.

Personally i wish Hitler would have destroyed the soviet barbarian horde completely. Then the US could unleash the dogs of war and destroy the Germans in due time...and we could have.

The world has never seen a more efficient killing machine than the US. It would have been nice to have had communism dealt with in the 40s...instead we fight it still today and within our own country.

Imagine the combined strength of the US Navy and Army...we would rule the baltic...the black sea...you name it. We could have fielded 300 divisions if we wanted to. 6 divisions of combat hardened marines with the blood of the japs still dripping from their bayonets...marching through the fulda gap...oh man.

Last edited by Quak; 11/10/22.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Un-fugking-real the schit people say.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RiddlerNumberOne
10-4. the Russians did 70% of the heavy lifting.

They did 70% of the heavy DYING, but it it wasn't for the US, WWII would have had an entirely different outcome
I was going to say the same thing.
The USSR couldn't feed itself, transport its army or have an airforce without the US.
The appalling soviet casualtie numbers where because the soviets leadership was a bunch of Neanderthals.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
WWII in europe was decided at the gates of Moscow in the Winter of 1940-41. It was all downhill from there. There was nothing the Gernans could have done once Barbarossa was crushed that could have saved them from their eventual defeat. They were not set up for attrition.

Personally i wish Hitler would have destroyed the soviet barbarian horde completely. Then the US could unleash the dogs of war and destroy the Germans in due time...and we could have.

The world has never seen a more efficient killing machine than the US. It would have been nice to have had communism dealt with in the 40s...instead we fight it still today and within our own country.

Imagine the combined strength of the US Navy and Army...we would rule the baltic...the black sea...you name it. We could have fielded 300 divisions if we wanted to. 6 divisions of combat hardened marines with the blood of the japs still dripping from their bayonets...marching through the fulda gap...oh man.

Cute rant.

America defeated the Axis Powers in WWII. No other entity was as critical as the United States of America.

Without it, Germany won. Period.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You say depleted...i say hardened and tested. That much combat experience in the ranks goes a long long way in training recruits and filling the ranks of NCOs.

Lets not forget the 25 divisions of Army regulars over there that had been slaughtering the japs

GOD Bless America
IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Cute rant.

America defeated the Axis Powers in WWII. No other entity was as critical as the United States of America.

Russia crushed the germans in front of Moscow, they crushed them in front of stalingrad, they crushed them at kursk, they crushed them in Bagration, and they crushed them in Berlin.

Where was mother green when all that was happening? [bleep] around in the desert and getting chewed up in france by conscripted cripples from the east

Last edited by Quak; 11/10/22.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Russia crushed the germans in front of Moscow, they crushed them in front of stalingrad, they crushed them at kursk, they crushed them in Bagration, and they crushed them in Berlin.

Where was mother green when all that was happening? [bleep] around in the desert and getting chewed up in france by conscripted cripples from the east

Oh, I get it.

You're Russian.

Right?

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Oh, I get it.

You're Russian.

Right?

I hate russians...with a passion. The only good russian is a dead russian. I wish the Wehrmacht and SS would have killed every one of them...but it didn't happen that way.

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
To their credit they did kill about 26.5 million of them...not bad

GOD Bless America
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hate russians...with a passion. The only good russian is a dead russian. I wish the Wehrmacht and SS would have killed every one of them...but it didn't happen that way.

OK. You seem reluctant to post where you're from so I'll just assume you're from Pennsylvania and make this simple:

If America did not enter WWII Germany would have won.

Since America did enter WWII, Germany did not win.

Anybody that debates this is a fugking idiot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Cute rant.

Which begs the question - how did the Germans get to Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kursk to begin with? Killing Russians. They ran out logistically/poor planning etc - let's not confuse that with Russians being tactically or warfighting superior. Was numbers and weather - not Russian skill.

Me

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

LOL
The war was won on the eastern front long before America joined the fray. The blood that beat Hitler was Russian. If Germany had not committed such an enormous portion of his forces to the Eastern Front it is very very questionable if American and Britain could have ever landed on Normandy.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Germany lost before we fired a shot in anger at them. Our most important contribution to the war in europe was spam and studebaker trucks. We didn't build T34s, we didn't build PPSH's and we sure as hell didn't provide the man power.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OldHat

LOL
The war was won on the eastern front long before America joined the fray. The blood that beat Hitler was Russian. If Germany had not committed such an enormous portion of his forces to the Eastern Front it is very very questionable if American and Britain could have ever landed on Normandy.

Holy schit this country is fugked.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Teal
Which begs the question - how did the Germans get to Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kursk to begin with? Killing Russians. They ran out logistically/poor planning etc - let's not confuse that with Russians being tactically or warfighting superior. Was numbers and weather - not Russian skill.
Germany's generals wanted to make a temporary retreat from Russia in advance of the onset of winter, hold till spring, and then renew their advance. Hitler wouldn't hear of it, and essentially ordered them to win or die in a winter war on Russian soil, which the German army was not equipped for. Once he made that decision, Germany was doomed.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,385
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.