Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Wabi has a female "pastor". Same/same. Maybe he'll chime in.

Good golly Wabi what in the world are you thinking?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Wabi has a female "pastor". Same/same. Maybe he'll chime in.
Pastor Missy gunna lead me to salvation

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Our church accepted an openly lesbo ministerial candidate, folks in the congregation were not approving of this and ran her off.
What a buncha cavemen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus had something to say about queer clergymen:

Mt 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The baptist are next look closely all Im going to say

The Baptists? They won’t even let you drink, now they’re saying you can gag on a cock? WTH?!

Or have sex standing up........

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There must be 20 or 30 unrelated species of Baptists. Don't lump them all together. The majority follow the Bible closely but there are some that have wandered way off.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can’t believe no Catholics have spoken up?

That’s how I learned I was pretty ugly as a kid. Went to mass with my buddy. The priests never bothered us.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Mt 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

A misapplication of the text but then I suspect you know that. Look at the verses that “bracket” that passage.

Not arguing the merits of openly living in sin as a pastor. Not my place to decide who’s qualified for a given congregation. Sexual immorality is talked about in the sermon on the mount. By that standard all fall short of being qualified.

Unless your arguing there are degrees of sin and all aren’t versions of the original sin to replace God with ourselves. Some denominations believe that.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
There must be 20 or 30 unrelated species of Baptists. Don't lump them all together. The majority follow the Bible closely but there are some that have wandered way off.

Southern Baptist Convention has some pretty radical presidents lately. I went to a church and followed their podcasts. Wouldn’t have guessed they were Baptist at all and many congregants didn’t know until he was elected. I’d always heard the stereotypes of Southern Baptist and met a few that fit it.

A lot of denominations work with other denominations actively. SBC church I referenced often has guest pastors that aren’t Baptist. I’ve partnered with the Lutheran church at a Methodist church for community activities or to have kids events.

If a gay pastor converts 10k Gay congregants a Hetero pastor couldn’t reach who am I to condemn the pastor? Strong scripture against getting between God and people he chooses. Doesn’t mean I’m in the audience or it connects with me in a meaningful way.

Last edited by gremcat; 11/11/22.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by crshelton
The queer preachers in the local Methodist Church have caused a major loss of membership.
BLAME IT ALL ON THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF STAFFING. MUST HAVE BVEEN PLANNED DECADES AGO..
The split in the Methodist church was actually pushed to vote by African congregants. They abhore homosexuality.

The paradoxical thing, after pushing it to a vote they then chose to stay with the Homosexual approving side of the church. They where concentrated in large urban affluent areas and provide a lot more funds to African missions. Still scratching my head on that one honestly. I’m not really sure what they wanted. Maybe they expected all to take the Hetero only stance.

One reason this has dragged out 3-4 years post vote is the UMC was claiming the churches splitting didn’t own the church properties. I stopped following long ago and after the At-Risk youth I worked with went to college and military I’ve started attending the Lutheran church. I’m not Methodist or Lutheran. I wasn’t a member but I directed Sunday School and sponsored their youth activities.

I subscribe to the belief the denomination doesn't matter. Doing the best you can for your fellow humans does. Ultimately, there’s only I question to answer and the rest is how you respond to the gift. I know there needs to be a stance but I’m not the Theological Scholar to define it.

Then again, Slums church of prosperity or Ren’s tent revival using rattlers to discern who’s righteous might not be for most of us.

Last edited by gremcat; 11/11/22.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The baptist are next look closely all Im going to say
The Baptists? They won’t even let you drink, now they’re saying you can gag on a cock? WTH?!
Oh, you can drink….you just can’t say “hello” to your fellow Baptists in the liquor store 😁. As the joke goes, “what’s the difference between Baptists and Methodists?”

The Methodists can say hello to other Methodists in the liquor store 😁

Methodists are just Baptists who can read.

-A River Runs Through It.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I left the Methodist church almost 15 years ago. The gay garbage is just one part of their problems.

I was active with a national group hoping to "reform" the church and get back to true original Methodisim. I advocated for a split back then, however the national groups leadership did not want a split. I finally gave up and split on my own.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gremcat

A misapplication of the text but then I suspect you know that. Look at the verses that “bracket” that passage.

Not arguing the merits of openly living in sin as a pastor. Not my place to decide who’s qualified for a given congregation. Sexual immorality is talked about in the sermon on the mount. By that standard all fall short of being qualified.

Unless your arguing there are degrees of sin and all aren’t versions of the original sin to replace God with ourselves. Some denominations believe that.
It's not at all out of context. Jesus was talking about false prophets, those who are assigned to bring God's word to us. In other passages, it says that teachers are held to higher standards than the rest of the flock. I think this is very much in the context. Ministers who are not living as the branches of God's tree are to be pruned and gotten rid of.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife was Roman Catholic when we married and for many years afterward. The local church acquired a priest named John Wesley Andries that immediately took an interest in the young teen boys. He was having them over to his place and taking them to movies and such. I told my wife he was trolling. Well, he picked one out and molested him. The kid told his parents and the bishop made a good payment to them and they bought a new house trailer and a pickup. Bishop Jacobs moved the priest to another town. Guess what, he ended up in prison when he molested another boy whose parents didn't need a truck that bad.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’d hung that sum bitch on a cross if that was my child

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible, as well as a pastor it to be a man with one wife. Women in the Roman Empire and early days of Christianity were not educated like men. Most didn't know how to read. Thus, were not to teach men or to be quiet in church. Older women could teach younger women and children. Anyway, most Baptists follow the scripture as well as other non-Baptists such as the Assembly of God.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those two clash!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nope.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gremcat

It's not at all out of context. Jesus was talking about false prophets, those who are assigned to bring God's word to us. In other passages, it says that teachers are held to higher standards than the rest of the flock. I think this is very much in the context. Ministers who are not living as the branches of God's tree are to be pruned and gotten rid of.

Matthew 7:1 for context-
1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.