Hop To
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Korean BBQ marinade

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

looks tasty. how you make the marinade ?

GB4

R
RPN Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Korean BBQ marinade

looks tasty. how you make the marinade ?

Out of barbequed Koreans, I guess.

Also, thanks for a great story and photos.

Last edited by RPN; 11/12/22.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bisongogi

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Bisongogi

That's not just any Bisongogi.

It's Bullgogi.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
bullgogi must be the new in thing. best buddy had some kind of bbq sauce and called it that and said its best ever.

It was ok. But not the best ever

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Leighton my friend outstanding adventure along with pictures and narration per usual!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Leighton my friend outstanding adventure along with pictures and narration per usual!

Hey hey, Danny boy! Good to see you post and thanks, brother. Your new boat looks gorgeous. Keep her off the rocks and fish 'em up! wink

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Leighton- what's next? One of these? They are better eating than bison. I've had musk ox several times, never killed one. I can live vicariously. smile

Last edited by las; 11/15/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by las
Leighton- what's next? One of these? They are better eating than bison. I've had musk ox several times, never killed one. I can live vicariously. smile

Funny you mention that, Las. I'm planning on booking a muskox hunt in Greenland. Arctic fox and hare as well as ptarmigan and ice fishing on the same trip. Maybe ice fishing too if time permits. PITA thing is I'll have to fly to Denmark first, then to Greenland. Same true opposite way. Things could be worse than an 2X overnight in Copenhagen though.

Toss up between that trip and heading for the Scottish highlands for my red stag and grouse shooting, maybe some salmon fishing. Visit with family on that one too as a bonus, do some pub crawls, maybe get into a fun brawl or three with my nutty cousins from Glasgow. Tough choices! wink

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by JOG
Congratulations, KG - great story.

My own worst/best shot was at a pheasant. My brother and I had a string of consecutive hits that ran over a couple years. That says more for his shooting than mine, as I was behind a good pointer and he set himself up for the more difficult swing shots. With the dog on point and subsequent flush, I stepped forward for an easy shot right into a knee-deep hole. As the shot rang out I was off the bird by at least a couple feet. The bird veered almost straight up as I'm now on my elbows watching helplessly. After rising about 100 feet, the pheasant was apparently touched by God and fell dead. I couldn't find the hint of a pellet strike anywhere on that bird. Chalk him up, and the string continued.
I have seen that same response on several species of upland birds where they suddenly fly straight up until they die and fall straight down. All had at least one pellet in the heart.

Yes, indeed. I recall my father telling me about the towering flight of dead-on-its-wings-heartshot-pheasant when I was a lad, but for some odd reason never actually witnessed it myself til I was near 40 years old, with hundreds of dead waterfowl and upland birds in the bag.

As it happened, I was hunting with my fine old Springer, Brit, near Brooks, AB. The cock pheasant flushed right in front of Brit's nose, a scant 10 yards out, and gave he an easy rising straightaway shot. I hit the bird with a single pellet (I'm not a great wingshot, I must admit) and he towered in an upward spiral to perhaps 50 yards, but carried away from us by a typical howling southern Alberta 40-mph breeze. Brit never lost sight of the rooster, and danced out into the stubble like a center-fielder, positioned perfectly to make the catch when the pheasant inevitably fell straight down. I'd swear my dog nearly caught the pheasant in mid-air, but nobody would believe me and I'm not sure I believe myself 30 years later.

I didn't gut the bird until I had him home later that day, and carefully dissected him... I had hit his heart with a single pellet, and his pericardium was full of blood. Classic cardiac tamponade. Physiologically fascinating, I must say.

I have witnessed that a few times pheasant and sharptail hunting. They will fly straight as if you missed them for a couple hundred yards and then go into a two second vertical climb before shutting down and plummeting back to the ground. The wings keep going for a couple seconds after the navigation system shuts down. laugh

Great story KG! Thanks for sharing.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweet hunt, congrats L.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
bullgogi must be the new in thing. best buddy had some kind of bbq sauce and called it that and said its best ever.

It was ok. But not the best ever
Yeah, but you’re a texan!
😎

Last edited by ironbender; 11/15/22.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
OK kids, here's what you've all been waiting for. Or not. wink Thanks to SD for taking the crappy video and spending 20 minutes on the phone with me just now getting it uploaded. Video not good enough, I don't think, to make a call on definitive operator error. Bison down, with authority, @ ~ 43 second point.

In any event, I don't think anyone can argue about how quickly that bull died. Hammer down. Best worst shot I've ever made! SD, Rost495 and VernAK, you boys made this kid's dream come true. 'Thank you' doesn't even begin to convey my gratitude to you lads. Hopefully, my actions and words will.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That thing dropped like a sack of taters, I'd say good shot, and no suffering on that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L,

I'm gonna hafta check time of flight on that particular bullet out of a .375H&H AI.

I think that critter just fell over dead knowing it was you shooting and it was gonna die anyway.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
That thing dropped like a sack of taters, I'd say good shot, and no suffering on that one.

Thanks, dude. Despite everything else, that animal did not suffer, and that's important to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drt, the rest is speculation. Glad you got it done pard!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Whatever works. It’s still a great tale. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Man….I wish I was lucky enough to have my bad shot be that good. 👍

I like everything about this adventure and I’m glad that it all came together.

Great job KG.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw it go down and cackled with delight, then heard SD make the same kinda cackle. laugh

Went down like the 100 yard bison in my steel silhouette days. LOL

Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,333
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.