-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will address only one item on the list and allow everybody else to address the others. Turkey. O.K., I like turkey; but, there is so much "sand dry" white meat that it is unreal. Everybody fights over the dark meat and you're left with eating that white meat which may as well be powdered dog food. Too bad the "Pilgrims" didn't decide that ham or prime rib would be better to establish as the Thanksgiving main course. I'm guessing they all imbibed heavily in the alcohol not only at the meal but during the planning session that preceded it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
The goal is to destroy all American traditions/holidays/family. Thanksgiving seems to be a complete after thought these days.

I can't imagine it's popular with the mexicans/muslims/africans/queers that were the poll.

Politically, there's less to be thankful for every year. Isn't that what the pilgrims were thankful for, freedom from tyrannical government?

Rolling over and letting something that has no face determine my happiness is not how I wish to proceed.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I will address only one item on the list and allow everybody else to address the others. Turkey. O.K., I like turkey; but, there is so much "sand dry" white meat that it is unreal. Everybody fights over the dark meat and you're left with eating that white meat which may as well be powdered dog food. Too bad the "Pilgrims" didn't decide that ham or prime rib would be better to establish as the Thanksgiving main course. I'm guessing they all imbibed heavily in the alcohol not only at the meal but during the planning session that preceded it.

Brine your bird for 3 days in 5 gal bucket, cold

And don’t get a monster sized one either

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

That's actually a great idea. I've thought of that in the past. Unfortunately, I'm paralyzed from the neck up and never think about it until I'm dunking my white turkey meat in gravy to allow me to choke it down.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I guess all the adults that don't like turkey will want chicken tenders instead.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 11/15/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like all that stuff except cooked carrots🤢

Love turkey. I buy wings and thighs for soup and grinding up (thighs) to mix with ground venison, plus the smoked parts for bean soup.

Just got my free one from Martin’s an hour ago.

Wifey just started making the GBC with beans she grew and onion rings she fried up. Adding bacon doesn’t hurt it a bit.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like turkey when it's warm the 1st time, I'll pass on turkey leftovers for the most part except for picking @ the carcass as an afternoon snack. I'm not and never have been a pumpkin-pie eater. Everything else on the list I'd happily eat.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Don’t mind the sweet potatoes, but leaves the marshmallows off it it! WTF? Other than that, the list makes me hungry.

Old70

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That sand dry white meat came from a turkey not done right.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
1. Cranberry Sauce Yep. Like it-jellied
2. TurkeyYep. Cooked juicy
3. Green bean casseroleNot bad. With those crunchy Frenches onion thingys.
Hamspiral cut, with bone.
ColeslawOh HELL no.
Sweet potatoes/yamsGag me with a spoon! sick
Stuffing/dressingHomemade with cornbread and giblet gravy!
Pumpkin pieDon't forget the Cool Whip!
CarrotsNah.
Mashed PotatoesYep. With giblet gravy.
CornEh... Probably not.
Macaroni and CheeseNope. That's for the rest of the year.
Apple Pie Why not? Piece of that and pumpkin for desert.

Might add a platter of fried backstrap this Thanksgiving too. grin

I’m with Barry except for the Cranberry sauce. 🤮

And why the hell folks need to make green beans into a casserole???
Mom always served either green beans or blackeyed peas for the legumes. Or corn mixed with Lima beans. I thank the Yankees call it succotash or some schitt like that. 😂 Good stuff what ever it’s called.

My favorite part was always the Cornbread Dressing and homemade REAL mashed potatoes covered with giblet gravy ! Of course, with some big slices of Butterball Turkey breast. And we always had Mom’s homemade Pecan Pie and homemade German Chocolate Cake.
I could take or leave the Pumpkin Pie. Grandmother always made that.

AND the hell serves Mac & Cheese on Thanksgiving? 🤪 That must be for the losers that have to sit at the Kiddie Table.

Sure do miss Mom’s home cooking! 😢

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll eat turkey, white bread and Duke's for a week if it lasts that long. It's my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal-leftover turkey.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
The goal is to destroy all American traditions/holidays/family. Thanksgiving seems to be a complete after thought these days.

I can't imagine it's popular with the mexicans/muslims/africans/queers that were the poll.

Politically, there's less to be thankful for every year. Isn't that what the pilgrims were thankful for, freedom from tyrannical government?

I’m thinking they were mostly thankful to not have starved, been scalped, or eaten by wolves.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like it all, but no mac & cheese or coleslaw on Thanksgiving day. The rest I'm GTG

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I only can cite pumpkin pie as a NO out of that list

Smells AND looks like baby shît
Think you may want to have someone else bake you a pumpkin pie lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Whitey meat or darky meat? That is the $64k question.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
I'll eat turkey, white bread and Duke's for a week if it lasts that long. It's my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal-leftover turkey.
Even with just butter on the bread left over turkey sandwiches are good.
I ain't hard to please...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's actually a great idea.

One of these days I’m gonna cut up a turkey breast into thick slices and confit it in my sous vide. If it can make pheasant legs tender and juicy, turkey breast should be a snap.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
We always have baked beans and deviled eggs for sides at Thanksgiving.

#rebels

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I only can cite pumpkin pie as a NO out of that list

Smells AND looks like baby shît
Think you may want to have someone else bake you a pumpkin pie lol

Someone without a baby, perhaps?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 3,333 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.