Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by smokepole
Even out of staters can have an opinon on how to do it better, but we might not have much influence.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their o' pinon, and some of those opinions even have merit. Just not entitled to bag on someone else for "telling CP&W how to run their hunt" when they're the only ones telling CP&W how to run their hunt.

I went over the thread and could not find what you quoted?

Who are you quoting?

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
LOL, I live here but I'm not the one telling them how to do it or who should be allowed to participate. Like I said earlier, I'll use his position shown on the video. His hunt, his rules.

And it was rarely hunt with centerfires. Not rarely shoot centerfires. See the difference there?

I think it's the CO Parks and Wildlife who set the rules. Not an individual game warden.

Even out of staters can have an opinon on how to do it better, but we might not have much influence.

You were questioning the use of the post.

Ahem.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Case of mistaken identity? grin

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks JB. I've been practicing the reverse a bit, without shooting. I Have a tripod with a rest, one that Jordan recommended a few years ago. Never used it on the tripod until now.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is practice on the PRS Skills stage. I’m cheating as any rear support is not allowed in competition. I was just practicing rear support assists that day with my Rudolph Quad Sticks (I recommend you get both the standing and short versions)

In competition the only thing allowed is one bag. The target is a 10” plate at 430 yards. Time constraint is 90 seconds. 2 rounds from each of 4 positions, so 8 rounds. Just showing this to demonstrate that 3 minutes is an eternity

Last edited by rcamuglia; 11/17/22.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ahem.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Your point?

Spell it out Barney style like your talkin to a slow 3rd grader.

Pay special attention to how quotes work and what it means when words are constrained in quotation marks.

Thanks.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is practice on the PRS Skills stage. I’m cheating as any rear support is not allowed in competition. I was just practicing rear support assists that day with my Rudolph Quad Sticks (I recommend you get both the standing and short versions)

In competition the only thing allowed is one bag. The target is a 10” plate at 430 yards. Time constraint is 90 seconds. 2 rounds from each of 4 positions, so 8 rounds. Just showing this to demonstrate that 3 minutes is an eternity

LOL.

That's all fake, you have a Leupold on that rifle and would be lucky to hit one plate before it shifted zero. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

That's all fake, you have a Leupold on that rifle and would be lucky to hit one plate before it shifted zero. laugh

😁

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ahem.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Your point?

Spell it out Barney style like your talkin to a slow 3rd grader.

Pay special attention to how quotes work and what it means when words are constrained in quotation marks.

Thanks.
No point. Just trying to answer your question and be helpful. Sheesh.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Also notice that the low positions are done with reverse kneeling…

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Why use that position to qualify?

Because they want to see if you can shoot proficiently and not have a schitshow of wounded animals produced by idiots who don’t have basic shooting skills.

LOL, you think the best way to avoid a schitshow is to allow people to use a rest when they qualify that they won't have when the actual hunt happens, got it.

There are such things as trees, brush, fence posts ,ect in the field and the qual allows shooting sticks instead of the post. I would have used sticks to pass that qual.

Get out in the field a bit more and this would be easier for you to understand.

The 300yds portion allowed prone and bipods.

Seems a good test for this kind of thing.
You ever been to the great sand dunes? Wide open country with lots of sand, not so much trees and brush and fence posts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm really disappointed in you guys, no LOLs for that one. You know it was funny, even Burns laughed.

I'm quoting RC Cola, Moonpie.

Where?

Don't you want to know why I called you guys that? It's because whenever you see a Moonpie and an RC Cola, it always comes with a big ol' baloney samwich.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
LOL, you think the best way to avoid a schitshow is to allow people to use a rest when they qualify that they won't have when the actual hunt happens, got it.

There are such things as trees, brush, fence posts ,ect in the field and the qual allows shooting sticks instead of the post. I would have used sticks to pass that qual.

You ever been to the great sand dunes? Wide open country with lots of sand, not so much trees and brush and fence posts.

You think the elk are hanging out in the actual dunes?

I suppose next you are going to tell us the cull is to reduce how much sand the elk are eating? crazy

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa

You think the elk are hanging out in the actual dunes?

I suppose next you are going to tell us the cull is to reduce how much sand the elk are eating? crazy

πŸ˜‚

I’ve spent a bit of time in the San Luis Valley. And yeah, I’d bet the elk aren’t on any dunes. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But a lot has changed since then in Colorado, ya know with illegal immigration and diversity stuff. There may be a lot of elk that migrated from Saudi Arabia

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Monte Vista, opening morning waterfowl season this year. Cell phone video was too big to post.
I've had this happen on the refuge few times.
One time they even dragged my decoys out of the water.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
flock shooting!.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where's the dang post!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where's the dang post!!!!!

I've asked that question so many times when I've has a duck down, no dog, and looking for a pole to recover it.
BYOS - bring your own sticks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might have to start hunting elk while pretending to bird hunt. Seems like I see more and they’re not even bothered by barking dogs out in the open at 30 yards

Dove hunt

Duck hunt

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I think it's the CO Parks and Wildlife who sets the rules. Not an individual game warden.

You were questioning the use of the post.

John,
In this case I do believe it’s the individual Area Wildlife Manager (AWM) in the video that is setting the rules. They may be using the same or similar rules used in the past.
Usually when it’s a National Park the NPS has their own people manage the hunt, but it appears this is a remote enough location the feds handed the cull over to the state.

I’ve killed a few animals from some pretty unorthodox positions but that kneeling position is still a cockamamie way to shoot a critter.

Casey,

I think everyone agrees sitting is better than kneeling for being steady.

That said if you have a rest to support the front of the rifle then right elbow to right knee adds support to the back of the rifle.

If you are shooting kneeling without any front support then left elbow to left knee it the best way. But without a sling and the time to get slung up it's only a bit better than offhand.

Any way some time when you're bored see what you think of that reversed kneeling with a front rest, I recomend some sticks.

Might be a tool for the tool box.

Quit being nice and helpful.

Lol

For years I've used a single trekking pole. It helps for balance when walking but with a little practice, it can be an improvised shooting stick in many ways. The most solid I've found is in conjunction with a bush. Hold your hand on the pole at the right height and grab a twig on the bush with the same hand. Pull away from the bush. Lay the gun over your wrist. The pole gives you a solid elevation, the twig gives you solid windage.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I might have to start hunting elk while pretending to bird hunt. Seems like I see more and they’re not even bothered by barking dogs out in the open at 30 yards

Same here. It happens to me on the Rio Grande river too. But when I hunt elk it seems like they have read the regs.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (12344mag, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17Hunter, 71 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,983
Posts18,480,914
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.