Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deerstalker
just watched the video. talk about situational awareness!!!!!!!!!!!
and in those hills there are things far worse than cats and yotes! two leg vermin abound.

I’d guess a mountain lion could sneak up behind 99.9% of most anybody in the dark.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
just track P22 down and shoot the damn thing. Geez

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
didnt Californians vote to ban montian lion hunting? if so, So now the cats have no fear of man ,,Just another cat...astrophe . liberal californians voted to bring on theirselves

Last edited by rem shooter; 11/20/22.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cat...astrophe

Well done, sir!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I wonder if the dogs had been a brace of Belgians or game-bred Pitbulls, if the lion would have waited for easier pickins.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Morewood
cat...astrophe

Well done, sir!
Thank you

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The cat should have spared the little dog and taken the Liberal owner. Idiot has more sympathy for the Lion than he does for his own dog.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Can't really see the problem, animals learn by mistakes they make. That cat will realize that little dogs are just a snack and convert to bigger bipeds. Maybe get dem votersand no loss huh.?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Couldn't they get that mountain lion in a live trap and relocate it someplace far from civilization ? That would keep the animal loving dog owner happy and probably save a few other dogs and cats. We had a young black bear living in the woods next to me 15 years ago and he got caught in what I called a giant Havahart trap on a two axle trailer. Took him far away and released him in a big tract of state land. Problem solved.

Most likely, the problem wasn't solved - just relocated to become someone else's problem.
I've seen this in the past, multiple times.
Often the relocated animal makes it back to the original area, sometimes very quickly.

has someone we knew from Scouting, that had a number of dogs, but one was a cross between a German Shepard and a Coyote..
That animal was pretty wary of everyone and anything.. and it would get aggressive toward visitors at the house...
So the family decided they had to get rid of it.. they took it 25 miles from home out on Forest Service Wilderness and dropped it off and left.
it was back home by dinner time.

So they decided to take it out and dump it off in the Wilderness 50 miles from home in an opposite direction. It wasn't back by dinner time this time.
but it was back right after breakfast the next morning...they figured it was really a cross of being half coyote and half homing pigeon.

So a month later they decided to take it over to the coast, 200 mile drive, but 150 miles or so as the crow flies. Dumped it off in the Forest right off Hwy 101. Headed home. It wasn't back the next morning or the morning after that, or the morning after that... so they thought it had finally worked. Wrong.. it took it a week to find its way home, but there is was...It may have been slowed down, because its front shoulder had taken a shot gun blast from a distance.. It wouldn't let you get near it touching it... but it finally healed but touch it and you could feel all of those small shotgun pellets underneath the skin.

Smart animal.. but weighed 90 pounds...to the owners tho.. it was just like a pussy cat.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When they relocated that black bear from my previous post there was a lot of talk about how they often return to where they were captured. I guess the environmental conservation guys said that it was a young bear searching for a territory to call his own. I live a few hundred yards south of Lake Ontario and I'm told they took that bear way down to almost the Pennsylvania state line and released him into thousands of acres of state land. They say if he could lay claim to some of that he would probably stay there. He was just looking for a place to call home and he was released into good habitat for black bears so there's a good chance he will stay there. Don't know if he stayed put down there but he never came back here again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The pictures I've seen of P22 show a collar so he's been caught and released any number of times. They know exactly where he's roaming and I suspect they know that he's eaten more than one dog or cat. This was just the 1st time he grabbed one on a leash.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
They need some grizz too. A grizz is on their flag.
I've been saying that, and wolves too, in the Berkley Hills. They think it is fine for Wyoming and Montana to put up with wolves killing livestock. Let coastal California have some. Might thin out the Schnauzer and cat population, maybe even eliminate some of the wandering human trash.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by fester
If you were in the hills back in the day I can see
you didn’t see one. They had room to roam.
Damn things are still elusive here in n.California

I don’t know where you live, but they’re fairly thick over here in the Sonora area… my bosses son killed one last year, that was killing his goats… I’ve seen 3 in the 8 or so years I’ve lived here.
I’m not sure of the count or what number would
make them “thick” in population but they are not starving in these parts. What I was trying to say is they are elusive.
I haven’t been out into the woods and just seen them standing on a fire road. Scratch that, I have. Lol.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
and in those hills there are things far worse than cats and yotes! two leg vermin abound.

I’d guess a mountain lion could sneak up behind 99.9% of most anybody in the dark.
It's what they do.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In broad daylight 4 years ago but got nailed by a car a short time later.
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/mountain-lion-deer-eater-found-dead/

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem shooter
didnt Californians vote to ban montian lion hunting? if so, So now the cats have no fear of man ,,Just another cat...astrophe . liberal californians voted to bring on theirselves
This. I see one, I kill it anyway fug em...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This one is radio collared so it's been handled. When it found that it wasn't hurt, it probably got even more friendly yet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

That man has the dullest machete ever known. A good .38 Spec. would have been handier.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Yep. The dog didn’t see or smell it either.
They’re experts at sneak attacks. It’s what big cats do.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/20/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (10gaugemag, 35, 6mmbrfan, 7mm_Loco, 907brass, 9 invisible), 14,174 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,001
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.