Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC
The NRA is the only reason you free loaders still have any guns.....

I know, you're right. It is so selfish of me to complain about the board wanting to buy Wayne a 5 million Texas mansion with NRA funds. Who needs that money to hire lawyers to fight anti gun legislation anyway?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If those old white men could see what it is today....I wonder what they would think.
It was a bunch of Union Generals who saw what happened to their youth in the war. They wanted to train their young men to be ready to take on the South again, who out shot the fire out of them during the early stages of that conflict.

The NRA was always antigun till Harlon Carter. It has moved back to its roots with WLP.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And the NRA trudges on so free loading Americans can still own guns.....

Get off that azz open your eyes to the real world and join the NRA.....could the NRA be better sure but it's all we have between us and the Democrat bass"turds intent on banning guns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When the NRA stops supporting that crook Wayne and his cronies I will be back in. They have spent millions to pay a lawyer who is a huge dem anti gun guy to defend Wayne. He should have left years ago if he cared about the cause, he just cares about lining his pockets.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Wayne wouldn't make a "pimple" on a good mans ass !!!

"not too grumpy"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FTNRA. Just re-upped my GOA membership.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by spence1875
When the NRA stops supporting that crook Wayne and his cronies I will be back in. They have spent millions to pay a lawyer who is a huge dem anti gun guy to defend Wayne. He should have left years ago if he cared about the cause, he just cares about lining his pockets.

Wayne is a lobbyist by trade. He cares a little more about that $400,000,000 a year in revenue annually that he controls than the cause.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Never heard GOA.......is that some kind of [bleep] group ?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Second Amendment Foundation here.

Both quality organizations.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by LFC

Wayne? It that you?

NRA backed the 1934 automatic weapons ban.

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

“Factio democratica delenda est"
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC

You are either so full of $hit, or a retard. I would say the latter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The NRA's hands have been in every bit of gun control to come along the past hundred years. "But... but... think of how much worse it would have been if the NRA didn't help write the legislation!" Puke. As if death by a thousand cuts is somehow better than a straight stab into the heart.

I wanted to support the NRA my whole life. But they kept on doing, and saying, and supporting the dumbest, awfulest schidt. The last straw for me was when Texans were pushing for the state to recognize the right to open carry, and the NRA came out with this really schiddy statement opposing the Texas open carriers. Yeah, piss on the NRA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by LFC

You are either so full of $hit, or a retard. I would say the latter.
How about both?

Jim

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
LFC- - - - -Little Freakin' C O C K ? Must be a damyankee transplant from a deep blue state!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a "patron" life member, been a member since 1994 (see the timing?) and upgraded to life in 1997. I was in Denver for the truncated 1999 convention meeting and I'm glad I went. The antis were just freaking out, had to walk a gauntlet of freaks. Both ways. Actually it was educational to argue with the freaks, made me even more determined to bitterly cling.
I'll never leave the NRA, but right now, I'm not going to give them a penny more until Wayne La Pierre is gone. I have repeatedly expressed that thought. And the reality is, for a long time while the courts were Commie, especially the Supremes, the only thing keeping bad legislation from being worse was, yep, the NRA. And that's only because of the 1977 Cincinnati revolt, which was possible only because the bylaws at that time were, yep, grassroots. Back then, the NRA board just wanted to tuck tail and run to Raton, to be "allowed" to shoot whatever the Carter and subsequent administrations would deign appropriate for the peasantry.
The 1986 FOPA was the result, and it was a huge gain against the excesses of the 1968 GOA. But at the least minute, the Cong from San Fransicko, demanded a ban on NFA manufacture for civilian use. NRA didn't want to lose FOPA so they threw Class 3s under the bus, to their eternal shame, for the "greater good."
I can sort of understand why, given Reagan was on his way out, and Bush the First was the worst in hindsight, but our side isn't real good at moving the goalposts the other direction when there's a chance. Which again is why NRA caved in 1986.
As for the AWB of 1994, that was certainly a cave, and a miracle that the sunset got stuffed in there. But you'll notice that once the fruit was no longer forbidden, what happened? Everybody has eaten that fruit and had a lot of fun doing it, so maybe in the longer-term, and by blind luck and political spinelessness, that cave worked out okay, maybe better than having no ban in 1994, with a worse ban later. Again, it's that willingness to move the goalposts.
So, the fact is, gun owners need the NRA to hang on, hopefully for just a little while longer until WLP finally gets goned, and return to the glory it deserves.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sent some bucks to GOA today.

Piss on Wayne.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
So, the fact is, gun owners need the NRA to hang on, hopefully for just a little while longer until WLP finally gets goned, and return to the glory it deserves.

10 out of 10 heroin addicts will tell you they just need a little more heroin.

The NRA has backed every federal gun law on the books. Thus, the corruption in the NRA has nothing to do with WLP.

You've had the opportunity to learn the reality of things, rather than embracing the comfortable fiction, thus opening yourself to deserved ridicule.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 2500HD, Amos63, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,674
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.