Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimZ
We have gone the grilled ribeye route a couple times instead of turkey and fixins, that seemed to be pretty popular.....

And that solves the leftover problem as well....
We did prime rib one year. Yes !!! This year my daughter is making the turkey and fixings. This is the first time she is doing this. I wish her luck. But, the odds are I will eat it no matter what. My mother used to do fresh cranberries. She boiled them down and made them extra delicious. I wish my mom was around so she could show my daughter how it's done.

Happy thanksgiving rifle loonies. And, many more to come.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i inject the turkey`s i cook and or smoke the whole family love my turkeys tame or wild . my hunting friends who have ate one of my turkey dinners enjoy them too when we go on a week hunt i will cook a big turkey at camp so we got plenty leftovers for a few days . its the person with the right seasoning ability who cooks the turkey rather its tasty or sucks to eat .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Make it yourself.

It's not my job. I didn't get married so that I would have to cook for myself.
JFC.
First generation in your family to walk upright?
You really think he does?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I'm sorry you've never had properly cooked turkey.

+1

Not a big deal to bake a perfect turkey

Do mine on a Weber 3 burner grill (middle burner off)

300* low & slow....22# this year......so about 5 hrs in a Reynolds oven bag

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dayum

My 22 quart mirro I doubt even a 12 lb bird would fit in it.

how big of a pressure cooker yall got?

12 and 24 quart.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Make it yourself.

It's not my job. I didn't get married so that I would have to cook for myself.

JFC.
First generation in your family to walk upright?

🤣😝

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Usually go to in laws for Thanksgiving. They do a fine job. I hosted in 2020. Had a 18 for dinner.

Smoked turkey from a local farm. Brined with herb butter under skin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Drippings from pan under turkey on smoker make the base for a great smokey giblet gravy.

Made a 6x batch of cornbread to form the base for cornbread, oyster and pecan dressing.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ll bet the OP is the life of any party.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Turkey is a zero for me, or in today’s speak, a hard pass. My Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners are Cornish Game hens, Pea Salad, Broccoli Casserole, Mc & cheese & Green Bean Casserole. I make the Pecan pies from my 1880’s era recipe. Make the whipped topping from scratch with some Ammaretto, yum, yum! My family clamors for my Pecan Pie.

You had me right up until Amaretto. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone needs an alcoholic beverage added to their dessert. I sat down at a nice restaurant here in NOLA with my wife last month. Every one of their desserts had alcohol in it. They tried to get too cute and creative with every single menu item. I can appreciate a little culinary creativity, but son of a bitch, this place was over the top.

"Truffle Oil Braised Swan Taint With a Side Maraschino Cherry Kale compote on a bed of Arugala."

Being a T-Totaler, I do not imbibe, ever. We do, however, appreciate the flavors the right amount of Amaretto imparts. Don’t partake in any liquor as a beverage. So, I feel the same as you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Turkey is a zero for me, or in today’s speak, a hard pass. My Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners are Cornish Game hens, Pea Salad, Broccoli Casserole, Mc & cheese & Green Bean Casserole. I make the Pecan pies from my 1880’s era recipe. Make the whipped topping from scratch with some Ammaretto, yum, yum! My family clamors for my Pecan Pie.

You had me right up until Amaretto. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone needs an alcoholic beverage added to their dessert. I sat down at a nice restaurant here in NOLA with my wife last month. Every one of their desserts had alcohol in it. They tried to get too cute and creative with every single menu item. I can appreciate a little culinary creativity, but son of a bitch, this place was over the top.

"Truffle Oil Braised Swan Taint With a Side Maraschino Cherry Kale compote on a bed of Arugala."

Being a T-Totaler, I do not imbibe, ever. We do, however, appreciate the flavors the right amount of Amaretto imparts. Don’t partake in any liquor as a beverage. So, I feel the same as you.

Post your 1880’s pecan pie recipe.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Seeing if HEB can pull their normal "this is killer".

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I cook the turkey at Christmas.

Where'd you leave your bicycle?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I'm sorry you've never had properly cooked turkey.

I could make a pair of shoes out of Rotundas turkey. It's so dry the gravy runs off of it like piss on an elephant ear plant. The worst part of it is the leftovers that I have to eat for the rest of the week. I'd be happy if someone abolished the holiday.

It's a shame. Wife and I are both great cooks, not bragging. If you can make it here by 4:00 p.m. you would be welcome to an excellent traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

The pumpkin pie and pecan pie are home made, as is the cranberry-orange sauce. The gravy doesn't come in a jar, and it isn't made with a package mix. The wife makes potato rolls, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, yellow squash, and our pine nut dressing is moist and flavorful. There'll be fresh green beans with almonds, Brussels sprouts, sweet'n sour red cabbage, green salad, and we'll have several wine choices, a white and a spice-and-berry Piont Noir. We will no doubt open a dessert wine, probably Vouvray, and maybe port and good cheeses.

Bring your own cigar and brandy.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do mine in a deep pit (buried in the dirt).....same way they do pigs in Hawaii. I have an old concrete manhole cone that I buried in the ground.... make a big fire the night before....spice it up a little in the morning, as soon as the coals cook down I take the turkey...usually just inject it with apple cider/ butter and some dry rub..... triple wrapped in foil. I throw it in there..... put the metal lid on and cover with wet dirt until I don't see any more smoke....about 6 hours later it's like juicy/buttery/pulled turkey.... don't need nothing fancy like my concrete pit...can just dig a hole about 2.5 deep and build a fire....only difference is you need to do the banana leaves and chicken wire thing to keep the dirt out.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hardway
I do mine in a deep pit (buried in the dirt).....same way they do pigs in Hawaii. I have an old concrete manhole cone that I buried in the ground.... make a big fire the night before....spice it up a little in the morning, as soon as the coals cook down I take the turkey...usually just inject it with apple cider/ butter and some dry rub..... triple wrapped in foil. I throw it in there..... put the metal lid on and cover with wet dirt until I don't see any more smoke....about 6 hours later it's like juicy/buttery/pulled turkey.... don't need nothing fancy like my concrete pit...can just dig a hole about 2.5 deep and build a fire....only difference is you need to do the banana leaves and chicken wire thing to keep the dirt out.

THAT sounds fantastic! cool laugh

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd kill myself if this is what I thought of turkey day and it's food ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Make it yourself.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I'd kill myself if this is what I thought of turkey day and it's food ....

Yep, this and New Years prime rib are two of the few reasons to live.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Every few years the wife and I say ‘screw it’ to having Thanksgiving away from our home because of the poorly made food by family.

This year we’re gonna be by ourselves and the menu will look the same as this picture taken in 2020.

I make the bird and mashed tatos. Wife handles the rest.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫
I wanna go to the Beavs for T Day.

Looks very good and simple.
👍👍👍

I thought your old lady put on a good shindig??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hardway

Would love to see pics of this setup.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.