Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Mine was waiting for me today. Just in time for the weekend.
Thanks!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still anxiously awaiting....................

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
If you ordered off the website, you can PM me your name, address and order number and Eileen can provide a tracking number.

A woman from Washington state called yesterday, who was worried about the copy she ordered, because it needed to be there by Wednesday, the 23rd. Eileen looked up the tracking number, which said it was expected to arrive on Monday.

The predicted time of arrival with the standard media-mail shipping we include in the prices listed on www.riflesandrecipes.com is generally accurate. But it of course also depends on when the book was mailed, and there were so many pre-orders that it took 4-1/2 days to package and ship them. And of course the farther the book's destination from Montana the longer it takes.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Loads that work, reloading manuals are full of listed loads but Nosler takes it to a higher level and tells you their most accurate powder charge for each powder as well as their best load powder wise for each cartridge. Then comes JB with GG 4 who gets right down to the nitty gritty. No guessing on what powders to start with, read what he says and save the price of the book the first time you don't have to guess at what powder to try first. Saves a lot of money this day and age of damn expensive components. Then of course if you call in your order you get to talk to leanie and she is allways nice to talk too...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Loads that work, reloading manuals are full of listed loads but Nosler takes it to a higher level and tells you their most accurate powder charge for each powder as well as their best load powder wise for each cartridge. Then comes JB with GG 4 who gets right down to the nitty gritty. No guessing on what powders to start with, read what he says and save the price of the book the first time you don't have to guess at what powder to try first. Saves a lot of money this day and age of damn expensive components. Then of course if you call in your order you get to talk to leanie and she is allways nice to talk too...mb

I'll second that.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
My copy arrived today! Going to start reading it tomorrow.
Thank you Mr. JB and Ms. Eileen for your hard work and dedication to these great books!

Thanks again, Tom

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Got mine.
Started with THE 270, the 375 H&H, the 9.3-62, and then the 17 Hornet.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mine showed today. Mostly I have interest in 243win, 30-06, and 375h&h. Then I found the 30-40 Krag section. Good grief, I wan that 30-40 single shot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
We lived in a tiny town near Lewistown in the late 1980s. A UPS truck went off the road and flipped between our town and Lewistown--and it contained a BUNCH of skunk "cover-scent" a local sporting goods store had ordered.....
If it was a good book, a little skunk scent could be overcome!

O
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
O
All

Got mine yesterday. Great reference for the future. All the calibers I still need.

Thanks John

Scott

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine Saturday, love it, can't wait to try some of the new powders and loads. Load intro is worth the price of the book. Thanks JB

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got mine tonight.
Looking forward to reading through it this week.
I noticed no 7x64 smile

StarchedCover

Last edited by StarchedCover; 11/21/22.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Oh, the 7x64 is there--but the data's hidden inside the data for the "other" 7x64--the .280 Remington!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My copy arrived today! Awesome idea to print the cartridge type on the page edge. I can thumb thru quickly to index what I need. Thank You John for another great GG book. Is your wrist tired from signing books?

One Ragged Hole! The quest for accuracy continues.

Bob the nailer
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Goodness that's a lot of handloading! And rifles!

Thanks

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Bobthenailer
My copy arrived today! Awesome idea to print the cartridge type on the page edge. I can thumb thru quickly to index what I need. Thank You John for another great GG book. Is your wrist tired from signing books?

Glad you're liking GG4!

Printing the cartridge on the edge of the page was Eileen's idea. Of course, she knows rifle loonies....

My right-hand/wrist did get a little weary signing books last week, when we were taking batches of 50 to the P.O., sometimes three times a day. But it's OK now. (The big problem is my right knee, which I twisted a little while stalking and dragging out a mule deer last Thursday, but it's also getting better--perhaps enough to go after another deer later today....)

John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Thanks

Glad you finally got your copy, Carl! We had a fun conversation with John before he delivered it.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
GG IV and RLN arrived the same day via two different mailing systems. Great stuff!
One question, though: Page 112 in GG IV says, "The 6.5 PRC's first animal was this mule deer, a 2 1/2 year old buck with stunted antlers, which tasted great!" confused The question is, how did you prepare the antlers? Braising would seem the logical way, but Dad taught us that antlers make poor gravy, so...
Inquiring minds want to know. laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ha! (But you apparently need to Google "subordinate clause" as applied to the English language.)

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Thanks

Glad you finally got your copy, Carl! We had a fun conversation with John before he delivered it.
It was good to catch up with you guys. I am looking forward to the book!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,449
Posts18,471,018
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.