Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Okanagan
I have Butler Creeks on a couple of rifles and like them the best of any of the scope covers I dislike.

Wish they still made Uncle Mike's, still my favorite. I break an average of one end or the other of BC covers per year.

I came across probably 15-20 various uncle mikes discs in my dads stuff. May need to see whatโ€™s there and set some back up for use.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
oh bullshit.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Did it break while closed or did it get snapped off while open. Iโ€™m not sure any cap is unbreakable when open, bcโ€™s break while closed which Iโ€™ve never heard of aadlands doing.

Aadlands also will warranty that for free

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
open. I barely bumped it sideways with my hand while reaching to close it. But it was 5 degrees out....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
open. I barely bumped it sideways with my hand while reaching to close it. But it was 5 degrees out....

Out of curiosity....how did Aadmount handle the warranty?

After using Aadmounts on one rifle and Tenebraex on several others, I'd wondered if the more rigid material in the Aadmount would be more likely to break like that than the more flexible Tenebraex.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Judman
Costed me a 160 whitetail on my vari X 1!!!! Red flipper on the ocular broke off!! Any you fuuckin dummy buy any, you are waaaaaay worse than a leupold fan boy like myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Letโ€™s see if the whinnying crying salleys get creepy like the leupold whiners!!!

I did manage to rip it off and kill a good buck the same day, without tape on the muzzle, turrets, or a rangefinder.๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜
No tape in the bush. Dumbass.

That said I've never understood why people buy covers that don't have clear that you can use instantly just in case for a quick shot. That said the covers pop open in a second without the red tab. And to be honest the ones without are a better deal IMHO. One less gadget to break.

And if you didn't have the covers but needed to have them, then the scope would have been wet or fogged or otherwise non usable anyway.

Unfortunately stuff happens at the worst times it seems.

But then again all worked up to blame someone over just a simple deer when you couldn't have just flipped that cover forward on its own... well...operator does have to be a bit swift at times.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rost495
... That said I've never understood why people buy covers that don't have clear that you can use instantly just in case for a quick shot. ...

For me, I jumped on the BC's Blizzard caps several years ago...it's been a long while back now. Made a mass order for several rifles. It seems as if it's raining as often as it's not here during hunting season and I thought it would be a nice to have the see through option. The first time I used them they leaked around the clear see-through. The inside of the cap had a collection of water. After that I never gave them another chance.....maybe it was a single bad one or maybe they've improved?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
... That said I've never understood why people buy covers that don't have clear that you can use instantly just in case for a quick shot. ...

For me, I jumped on the BC's Blizzard caps several years ago...it's been a long while back now. Made a mass order for several rifles. It seems as if it's raining as often as it's not here during hunting season and I thought it would be a nice to have the see through option. The first time I used them they leaked around the clear see-through. The inside of the cap had a collection of water. After that I never gave them another chance.....maybe it was a single bad one or maybe they've improved?

I mostly run the Blizzards on rigs that get used for tracking in the snow, where shot opportunities can happen fast. Since it's cold, I can't really say how they'd do in heavy downpour conditions.

For years I used the standard BC's for most rigs. Sure they'd break every now and then, but usually they gave good service. I use them like Al N. : only fronts on on the ocular housing - no red levers as that seemed to be the weakest point. The past few years I've been getting more of their Element series, which have been really good so far.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I can understand your disgust. Mine were almost 30 years old and worked well from MT to Canada and Alaska without a problem. Maybe they have been cheapened since then.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Maybe a bad one? Mine havenโ€™t leaked and theyโ€™ve been purchased over several years, so various vintages.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
MK Machining. File the interfering tab off?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Meh, they're OK considering what they cost...regardless, Butler Creeks are lightyears ahead of the rubber contraptions Nikon used to include with their Monarchs a few years back. Holy hell, takes damn near three hands to open the fronts or rears.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I used flippers once upon a time, 35 or so years ago. Once.

Even pieces of inner tube worked better..... maybe they have improved. Yeah - they both leacked and I had to pry the damned cover open after the latch broke. Now it's scope shield or bikinis for me, which are just as fast to use. At least I've not lost a shot because of it.

You boys that like flippers just have at it..... smile

Last edited by las; 11/21/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Bikinisโ€ฆ

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Blizzard caps are great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used a loop of inner tube for years but now get the rubber from a physical therapist.....works perfect.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Judman
Costed me a 160 whitetail on my vari X 1!!!! Red flipper on the ocular broke off!! Any you fuuckin dummy buy any, you are waaaaaay worse than a leupold fan boy like myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Letโ€™s see if the whinnying crying salleys get creepy like the leupold whiners!!!

I did manage to rip it off and kill a good buck the same day, without tape on the muzzle, turrets, or a rangefinder.๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜

Hey I'm with you pal, but the tape over the muzzle has saved me quite a few hunts, and we've been doing it around these parts long before the garden gnome went off his meds!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.