-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still use the original leatherman I tested for them and the one that Leatherman built for me after feedback with a cap crimper

GB4

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cntrmass: I much prefer the fairly compact Leatherman Super-Tool. Been using this model for 20 years or so now.
Mine gets LOTS of use and it is "hurky" enough that it has even snipped barbed wire on those occasions when Deer are stuck in the strands (I go back later and repair/reconnect the snipped strands).
Met John Leatherman on a couple of occasions in the past - great guy and a gun enthusiast.
Buy American - buy Leatherman.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Walmart sells some aluminum pliers with stainless hardware for less than $10. Probably made in Somalia or somewhere.

I use them every day.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MPat70
I would have to go with Leatherman. I was issued one in 1993 and have used it ever since then.
Yes! I have one from about the same time issued to me from the AZNG. Worn out 4 cases for it!

Last edited by DavePrice; 11/22/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
SOG.

Yep... SOG.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wave on my belt and a Surge stashed in the truck for small jobs. Have had both for many, many years.
Bought the add-on bit set for each as well. Very handy.
Jeff

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Leatherman Surge...

I have 7 of them.

Marked Sunday thru Saturday... just like a good woman's panties.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Walmart sells some aluminum pliers with stainless hardware for less than $10. Probably made in Somalia or somewhere.

I use them every day.

Impervious to corrosion. That's the biggest problem I deal with.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Leatherman original PST, a Christmas present from my wife in 1984. (Still have my wife, she's a keeper) Always on my belt working in mining and off the job in rural living. It saved day in many situations. Wore out the case, patched it, then my daughter bought me a new case recently.

Still no broken tools on it. I use it wisely, within its limits, and know when to reach for stronger tools.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I really like the Wingman. Scissors, pliers, one-hand blade and a pocket clip.

It's been Goldilocks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I use them every day.

Impervious to corrosion. That's the biggest problem I deal with.

And not a multi-tool but thanks, genius.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a few Leathermans over the years. Carrying them on my person was always a guarantee I’d leave them somewhere.

I was bummed out after they moved to China, I’d look in Pawn Shops and at gun shows for the originals.

I’ve had this one for at least ten years on account of it resides on my bicycle, found in a Pawn Shop. I’ve been good about putting it back which is why I still have it. Dunno what model it is, seems smaller than the originals.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here it is again next to the Leatherman Micra I bought at Academy, Chinese made. Turns out it’s too small for a multi tool, too big for a keychain. Sits at home in a drawer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've bought a couple of Waves as gifts. They are always appreciated.

I go cheaper for myself. An original leatherman did just fine for years, til i lost it. Had a few different multi-tools til I found the leatherman blast. Compact and useful, it does most of what i need.

Another compact, economical, and useful leatherman is the wingman.

Always figured that I'd own a wave one day. The appeal has faded.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I buy the cheap one since I always end up using them like a hammer or sacrficing them for the greater good.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got the Wave in the truck for when I need something that's not on the Wingman. Which doesn't happen often.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ive got a couple sog and leatherman. The sog are obviously higher quality and I liked the geared pliers, provide a lot more grip strength.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My favorite was a model they don't make any more.... I think it was called the "side clip "..... had a built in pocket clip before it was available on other models.....slim enough to carry in your pocket with the belt clip and just the right amount of tools to be useful. I lost the original but found another new in box on eBay to replace it. I also have a wave and a few others.... their kind of like flashlights....whenever they are on sale I'll buy another, I have em stashed everywhere around the house...all the vehicles, etc. I do like the the newer models that lock the tools when in use.... a lot safer.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 35 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,115
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.