Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#17830288 11/23/22
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been buying from an auction site around here for about 6 years now, and they've grown quite large, they have sites in several states

you've probably seen these videos on youtube where people buy pallets of returned merchandise from Amazon, Home Depot, Target, etc

This auction site has been doing that for a while by the truck load. They find old warehouses and fill them up, buy the pallets and pay people to take each item from the pallet and put it on their auction site.

They don't ship, so you have to go pick up whatever you win.

I've bought a ton of stuff from them. I'm sitting around in the living room looking at all the stuff I bought that I can see. A recliner for $17, a popcorn machine for $30, A GE Icemaker for $110, I could list a bunch of stuff if I thought about it.

Yesterday I won a couple of items, stuff I didn't need but the prices are stupid. I got a new Toshiba Convection Toaster oven for $60 and a Seaflo 15 gallon 12V ATV sprayer for $7. I got a front shock for my SUV for .39 cents. No joke. I know its sounds like a scam but its not.

People have caught on to it over the years so there is more competition for items but if you are dilligent you can find stuff. I just lost out on an 18" electric chainsaw, my high bid was $72, it went for $90

There is a catch - some items are sold as "open box" and some are sold as "appears new". Open box is buyer beware. I bought an office chair for my daughter that was open box. Can't remember what I paid but I hardly offer anything on open box. When I got it was missing one of the 5 legs so I got a piece of wood and made a makeshift one.

I once bought a dorm fridge and the cord was cut on it. $18 dorm fridge that I had to put a new power cord on.

I got a metal 20" barn fan that will blow you away for $18 a couple of weeks ago. Now is the time to buy things that aren't in season like fans, air conditioners ( a few years ago I got a Wifi A/C for my workshop), outdoor garden stuff, etc. .

Anyways, if you are the kind of person that would love to fill up your garage with cheap stuff you don't need

check out bidfta.com and see if they have a warehouse near you.

I thought I'd make this post because I'm about to go pick up that toaster.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/23/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a fun hobby for someone needing something to do.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Sounds like a fun hobby for someone needing something to do.

He could sit around and play a victim all the time…

But then you’d have some competition.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Winner, winner of the nasty comment of the day. Congratulations !

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
took a picture of what one of the warehouses looks like when you go to pick up your item

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

there are like 7 warehouses in this area alone and they turn over that stuff weekly.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looks like the drop off area at good will.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I already have buildings of stuff that needs repaired, taken to the dump, or no one wants.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Looks like the drop off area at good will.

yea, there is junk in there for sure.

I've won a few items like for example a desk, got there and it was missing pieces . I just left it. You get burned occassionally

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I already have buildings of stuff that needs repaired, taken to the dump, or no one wants.

its easy to get there with this auction site.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All that broken stuff I swapped out with new merch at Walmarks and stuffed back into the new boxes..

…you gettin that junk

🤛

IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yep exactly

I did buy a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker, got it home and it didn't work

called up Cuisinart, sent them a picture of my auction receipt and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

now do I need a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker? of course not, but it was $14, how can I say no to a bargain like that

just like I didn't need a 15 gallon ATV sprayer for $7.

Hell, I don't need it, but I'd pay $7 for it, oh schit, I won that thing? Now I have to go get it.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/23/22.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I bought a 7 cubic foot freezer from them two years ago during the panic when no one had freezers in stock. Paid less than $200 for it. Had a “scratch and dent” on one side that you never see unless you look for it.

A buddy of mine does like KFWA and just cruises for the deals. Especially house hold items. And then stock piles them for the church to donate when someone has a fire or other event.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buddy of mine is a compulsive bargain shopper. Can't help himself. He knows what days all the local businesses put out the bargain table and he does the circuit like clockwork. He picks up almost anything that's a bargain. It'd be great if he turned around and sold them later at full price or more as part of his contracting jobs but he doesn't. He pays for several storage units and spends an inordinate amount of his time finding ways to consolidate his stash by building (or buying) more shelving and storage containers.

Recently when I needed his help stretching the carpet back around a new woodstove install we went to his storage units where he said he had some carpet tack strips. Couldn't find them but it was like living an episode of American Pickers or Hoarders. Ended up buying a Stihl chainsaw from him that he had ratholed from an estate sale 15 years ago. He'd never even seen if it ran, just stuck it in storage and there it sat.

Not saying the OP is a hoarder, just making conversation on the topic of bargain shopping.

LOL
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
well I don't need a storage unit yet.

But I do like thinking I am getting a bargain on something.

very few things I buy new. Every appliance in the house was either scratch in dent or craigslist

Not sure why I'm so obsessed with it, probably started with depression era parents.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 16gage, 65 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,411
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.