-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Who in the fugk do these reporters work for? A kindergarten teacher?

“Four dead over there. More later maybe.”

“Great work Tom! See ya at lunch!”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moscow Mayor Art Bettge said a property crime “gone wrong” or a “crime of passion” were possible explanations in the deaths of University of Idaho students Ethan Chapin, 20; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by kwg020
My grand kids are going to the local community college. That's it. No fuggin 4 year college for them. kwg
That's too bad as a four year engineering degree can be pretty employable.
Ed, I agree - and we are pleased that a grandkid is in a university honors program in biomedical engineering. But, I fully appreciate kwg's post, as do many others. And, given the sad but growing emphasis on a "certificated" populace, there is evidence that the usefulness of the 4 year engineering degree will decline.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM
My grand kids are going to the local community college. That's it. No fuggin 4 year college for them.

kwg

Welders, plumbers, electricians, mechanics etc aren't employable?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
My grand kids are going to the local community college. That's it. No fuggin 4 year college for them.

kwg

But taking the first 2 years at a community college and getting all the prereqs out of the way is a far cheaper alternative to 4 whole years of a major university. Getting a trade degree isn't a bad thing either and there are definitely many jobs out there in "the trades."

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by EdM

kwg

Very smart move to make for a potential graduate. College is nothing more than a leftist indoctrination camp for developing brains and most kids will come out of college with so much debt they cant function. Trade schools are where you gain a useable career without the massive debt

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by EdM

kwg

Only if you dont enjoy seeing your kids everyday.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

kwg

Yep. My best friend in college graduated at the top of his class in electrical engineering. He immediately went to work at North American Rockwell for a very nice salary.

The most important thing about sending kids to college is to try to impress them to make all effort to NOT fall in with "bad company." Peer pressure can be difficult to overcome.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I read a report they were killed with an edged weapon and the weapon was not recovered. Machete, axe, knife?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Serious crimes can and do occur at trade schools as well as community colleges. Four year universities do not have a monopoly on that.

I wouldn’t trade my education and experience at the U of Idaho for anything in the world. I certainty wouldn’t trade it for a diploma or certificate in a blue collar trade, though I do enjoy having basic to intermediate knowledge of construction, welding and auto mechanics.

I am 100% debt free too. There are ways to attend a university and not have massive student debt, and I am not talking about having Bernie forgive that debt.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Serious crimes can and do occur at trade schools as well as community colleges. Four year universities do not have a monopoly on that.

I wouldn’t trade my education and experience at the U of Idaho for anything in the world. I certainty wouldn’t trade it for a diploma or certificate in a blue collar trade, though I do enjoy having basic to intermediate knowledge of construction, welding and auto mechanics.

I am 100% debt free too. There are ways to attend a university and not have massive student debt, and I am not talking about having Bernie forgive that debt.

My buddy intends on finishing his degree once he retires out of the Navy.

Probably headed to the Bozone after he gets back from Japan.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No evidence of slit wrists?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
News says stabbing. The police also say no threat to the public.
Confusing. Quadruple murder suicide by knife seems an awfully far stretch when it’s four healthy young people.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Authorities said it was not a murder suicide.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I read "no weapon recovered" so it would not be a suicide

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Osky
News says stabbing. The police also say no threat to the public.
Confusing. Quadruple murder suicide by knife seems an awfully far stretch when it’s four healthy young people.

Osky

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Authorities said it was not a murder suicide.

Not sure how this can be. They do not have a suspect in custody. 4 people were apparently murdered.

But there is no threat to the public???

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My error. When I read no threat to public, it was me thinking aloud they were looking towards suicide. The report I read did not say suicide.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Can be lots of things. Boyfriend walked in at the wrong time? Obviously they know more than they are releasing to the public.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/14/us/university-idaho-deaths.html

“Cathy Mabbutt, the Latah County coroner, said that all four deaths were being considered homicides and that it was not a case of murder-suicide. Ms. Mabbutt said her office planned to conduct autopsies on Wednesday. She said she could not share any information about how the victims had been killed without authorization to do so from the police.“

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Osky
My error. When I read no threat to public, it was me thinking aloud they were looking towards suicide. The report I read did not say suicide.

Osky

No, I heard both things this morning on the radio. No murder/suicide and no threat to the public.

I don’t see how that can be so.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (2ndwind, 300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 39 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,010
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.