Originally Posted by jwp475
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
are there a lot of hetero couples gonna burn ?
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!

Oh, OK, so gay men who practice sodomy, regularly, with multiple partners will be chilling in heaven, same as you, as long as they havent rejected Christ? Asking for Flave.
EVERYONE who repents before death and accepts Christ as Lord over their life will be chill-in in heaven. EVERYONE. Got it Hoss?

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Isa 5:20

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat
EVERYONE who repents before death and accepts Christ as Lord over their life will be chill-in in heaven. EVERYONE. Got it Hoss?

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Isa 5:20

Got it. I hope you're right.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Below is a copy and paste of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' view of what a family is. I'll just leave it at that. I just don't want you guys letting facts get in the way of your opinion is all....

THE FAMILY
A PROCLAMATION TO THE WORLD

The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan.

Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. “Children are an heritage of the Lord” (Psalm 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Again, I don't want facts to cloud your judgement but this is some of the first paragraphs of the first linked article.

"The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.

“We believe this approach is the way forward. As we work together to preserve the principles and practices of religious freedom together with the rights of LGBTQ individuals much can be accomplished to heal relationships and foster greater understanding,” the church said in a statement posted on its website."

That said, this certainly feels like the Church is loosing some of its conviction a bit.

Todd

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asheepdog
The mormons are not christians, they do not study the bible, and its not surprising that they bow down to those with mental illness.

You sure? Sure seems like a church named "the Church of Jesus Christ" might be a Christian church. I could be wrong on that though... Also, guess what they studied all of 2022 in the their Sunday school classes? The Old Testament. 2023 is going to be the new Testament. King James Version though.. FYI. Again, just didn't want facts clouding your opinion of them...

Todd

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I know a few local LDS members. The ones I'm familiar with are very solid and good folks.

They might be nice people to know, with the world changes that are happening now. I would want them on my side and would support theirs.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Do they really wear that underwear?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Cecil56
I know a few local LDS members. The ones I'm familiar with are very solid and good folks.

They might be nice people to know, with the world changes that are happening now. I would want them on my side and would support theirs.

Agreed.

Tarquin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yes. "Angel Chaps" as they are commonly referred. They have significant and sacred religious meaning.

Todd

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Long ago I learned to appreciate and enjoy some great friendships and associations with LDS people - this has enabled some wonderful experiences. Some of my experiences in their church services also have been very good.

That learning involved separating those personal relationships from some clear difficulties associated with the doctrines and actions of that organization - which most call "the church". And, some egregious behaviors have seemingly not been driven by stated religious beliefs, but my the clannishness, brotherhood favoritism and behind the scenes machinations (political, business, etc.) engaged by local members as well as some in positions of government clout.

My Mormon friends have been simply excellent people.

Yep my mormon friends are great people and I admire devotion to the family

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by jwp475
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
are there a lot of hetero couples gonna burn ?
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!

Oh, OK, so gay men who practice sodomy, regularly, with multiple partners will be chilling in heaven, same as you, as long as they havent rejected Christ? Asking for Flave.

Morons always like to throw out quotes from the Bible yet worship trannies

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IDMilton
Bb, that was a good explanation, thanks for typing it out.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints. I was very surprised to see that headline when I clicked into this thread

From the article:

“ The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.”

Like BB explained, the LDS church teaches that marriage is between a man and a woman. This is an attempt to support individual legal rights so that church members can also legally retain their rights.

And I know polygamy is a sensational topic, but the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints has been excommunicating anyone who practices it for over 100 years. The people who are polygamists are completely broken off and just saying they are still members.

Thanks for clearing that up. There has been no other faith under more attack from anti American leftists than mormons. I admire their resolve.
Mormons helped shut down a big trannie drag queen strip show festival for children in Idaho this past summer. and It was backed by very rich evil leftist goons

Last edited by ribka; 11/17/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yes. "Angel Chaps" as they are commonly referred. They have significant and sacred religious meaning.

Todd
Thanks!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Take all of these churches' tax-exempt status away, and you'd see reality. Until then, it's all just a grabble.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While at the same time condemning the practice...and they call this INSPIRATION???

Right.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In some ways it seems like the old guys just came up with an elaborate hoax for their benefit of having wealth and a steady stream of strange. Sure, it turned into more but, com'on man, your own planet, gold tablets, sere stones, miracle undies, injuns?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Remember,........John Moses was a morman, so don't be hating on members of the LDS.( unless you don't like guns.... then GFY) grin grin grin

радянське лайно, іди ебать свою матір
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
How long ago was it that blood tests were required to get a marriage license? When did they stop requiring that?

Who is they?

State issue. PA required it, don't think they do anymore.
Winchester VA is 80 miles away, and Virginia never has that I know of.
Winchester has always been the eloping place.
No blood test, no waiting, and no marriage license in the paper.
Get hitched at the courthouse.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Speaking of marriage and the mormon church, here’s some documented words of Brigham Young that might inspire some ‘fire members to convert to mormonism:

Marriage to a person of black skin: “Shall I tell you of the law of God in regards to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty under the law of God is death on the spot. This will always be so” (Brigham Young, JOD 10:110)

“This will always be so” wasn’t terribly prophetic for mormons.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (280shooter, 222Sako, 325wsm1, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.