Home
....bending over backwards and doing somersaults in the effort to recognize it as a "right". There are no words.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...mp;cvid=49cc11062bd2449f86132c225efc2526
I'll start the popcorn.
I know both of you are relieved.
Finally. Queenie found a congregation!
Those folks are weird.
As ya all know

I live in Utah

But not involved with the church

Toyoda's........yes

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Utah is a great place

Iffin ya know how & where to live

Yep

ain't a church within 100 miles of this pic

Sodomy is a tricky word, depends on who's defining it I guess. "Depends" that was unintended.
Somebodies going to brown town .And the LDS don't give a chit!
O M G

https://www.ksl.com/article/5051868...pport-for-amended-same-sex-marriage-bill
No coffee but homosexuality is ok?

Seems odd to me. Strange rules.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Sodomy is a tricky word, depends on who's defining it I guess. "Depends" that was unintended.

I remember when Kentucky got rid of their anti-sodomy laws.
Was in Knoxville and the afternoon disc jockeys were doing
"News" reports "live" from the TN/KY border.
Interviewing all the people heading over for a legal BJ!

Sodomy can be anything besides vaginal sex. Most have probably
been involved in it at some point.

It isn't always related to Swordfighters.
Read the article?
I'll just drink my caffeinated drinks and they can keep their buggery.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by gunzo

I remember when Kentucky got rid of their anti-sodomy laws.
Was in Knoxville and the afternoon disc jockeys were doing
"News" reports "live" from the TN/KY border.
Interviewing all the people heading over for a legal BJ!

Sodomy can be anything besides vaginal sex. Most have probably
been involved in it at some point.

It isn't always related to Swordfighters.

But sodomy, within the meaning of the natural law, means homosexuality generally and male rectal intercourse specifically. It's a euphemism for homosexuality.
"It isn't always related to sword fighters"

EXactly!! And on the straight side of things, it's not a bad thing I've heard.
Stop being obtuse. Sodomy, properly understood, does not mean oral sex between men and women. When Churchill said the British Navy survived on "rum, sodomy and the lash" he wasn't referring to sailors getting their nob bobbed by a young lass. grin
Who would've thought Tarqueen is an expert on butt sex.
Morons by choice!🤐
I've known some good LDS peeps.
Not so sure they're on board with this...
So does this mean deposits at the LDS church are too high, or too low?
Originally Posted by Distridr

My thought exactly.
Originally Posted by Raferman

Not I..........

Goosey is celebrating tonight!! Hey cowboytim get the hamster!
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by Distridr

My thought exactly.

They're not. This is going to create a major problem for the LDS leadership. It cannot possibly be justified.

"Man is a social animal, and no one can secure what is desirable for himself except in partnership with others. According to Aristotle, if a man had all the health, wealth, freedom and power that he desired, but lacked friends, he would not even wish to live. But the root of all friendships, as it is the ground of the existence of the species, is that of a man and a woman. As nature is the ground of morality, the distinction of the sexes is the ground of nature. Nature---which forbids us to eat or enslave out own kind---is that which has within it the principle of coming-into-being. Mankind as a whole is recognized by its generations, like a river which is one and the same while the ever-renewed cycles of birth and death flow on. But the generations are constituted---and can only be constituted---by the acts of generation arising from the conjunction of male and female. The root of all human relationships, the root of all morality, is nature, which itself is grounded in the generative distinction of male and female.....Abraham Lincoln once said that if slavery is not unjust, then nothing is unjust. With equal reason it can be said that if homosexuality is not unnatural, nothing is unnatural. And if nothing is unnatural then nothing---including slavery and genocide---is unjust"

Harry V. Jaffa, Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question.
(This space reserved for BillyGoatGruff)
Originally Posted by Tarquin
....bending over backwards and doing somersaults in the effort to recognize it as a "right". There are no words.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...mp;cvid=49cc11062bd2449f86132c225efc2526
They will welcome you back with open arms now Tarquim.
🤣🤣🤣
The ecclesia will be judged first.
Tardqueef invests a lot of emotional energy in worrying about dicks in butts. You know what they say about those that are most vocally against something.
I’m betting they will back off their statements once a sizable portion of their congregation threatens to break away.

No matter how much they try and appease the LGBT community, the aren’t going to receive any tithes from them.
Sodomy?

Isn't that some kind of sexual in-ur-endo?
Good thing they landed in Utah
Remember a young woman that belonged to the LDS Church. She'd take it all day in the back door as her vagina was for post marriage. To her inquiry "any port in a storm"
Originally Posted by reivertom

I think what they were trying to say was that non members can keep their caffinated drinks and their buggery if they give the church assurance that that members can still be allowed to personally and as a church believe that those things are wrong within the church.

The church is trying to say go ahead and live by your values just let us live by ours. It's going to be a big interesting mess though because like the gun control fight it goes little by little and never stops. The more you give the other side the more they take.

The real interesting and troubling times are just a few short years down the road i believe. It won't end here with an amicable agreement saying ok we'll tolerate you doing what you want and you tolerate us believing those actions are wrong for us.

Soon they will be pushing for gay temple marriage. That's when you guys get a big bag of popcorn ready because that's when it will get real interesting. Most of us members don't really care what non members do because we know they have their own beliefs. We may say that's wrong by our standards but you have the right to govern yourself according to the dictates of your own conscience.

I've got lots of friends and family that drink, smoke, and sleep around but I know they have different standards and values of their own and they are doing right by what they believe.

A Jew can live kosher while allowing non jews to eat bacon. But the real problems going to begain when non jews start demanding the right to slaughter pigs and smoke bacon in the synagogues with full religious rights.

That's where this thing is headed for us. Shortly they'll be demands for gay temple marriages and women holding the Priesthood. That's when things will really get interesting. The left will demand it and try to get the government to enforce it or take away the tax exempt status and file all kinds of discrimination lawsuits. Left wingers will start vandalizing church property everywhere not just in California.

The left can never live and let live they will always continue to push until they have you under their rules and completely in line with their dogma. They use incrementalism to advance their cause and will lie and give false assurance the entire time. This is another step down that rode.

The church said the big problem they had during prop 8 was their fears that if same sex marriage was normalize church members would be forced to say they agreed with it or possibly lose their job over it. Or that a church members bakery might be forced to cater gay weddings etc. The left said that was crazy fear mongering and that no one was going to lose a job or be forced to bake a cake. We know how that's worked out.

It's going to get way more interesting and it's going to happen soon. Those that hate us are going to have plenty of opportunities to see us in the middle of a mess. There's a lot of decision and uncertainty among some members but most just want to live how they want to live and be left alone like most conservatives do.

However, that fight is coming and it's going to be a big one. I'm kind of the mindset of bring it on, let's get this over and see how it all shakes out. For you spectators or mockery just be watching for the gay temple marriage demands and the women holding the priesthood. That's when our real test starts and it will get interesting.

As for me personally I don't care what non members do if it doesnt effect me but I reserve the right to think it's wrong for me or even be disgusting by it if it strikes me as such.

I'm sure I'm opening pandoras box for me by even posting it here but as usual I made it long enough most won't read it anyways. And my skin is pretty thick but I can get tired and hit back on occasion so I'll just apologize for that now. Continue firing at will and seriously, have a lot of popcorn on hand.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I think what they were trying to say was that non members can keep their caffinated drinks and their buggery if they give the church assurance that that members can still be allowed to personally and as a church believe that those things are wrong within the church.

The church is trying to say go ahead and live by your values just let us live by ours. It's going to be a big interesting mess though because like the gun control fight it goes little by little and never stops. The more you give the other side the more they take.

The real interesting and troubling times are just a few short years down the road i believe. It won't end here with an amicable agreement saying ok we'll tolerate you doing what you want and you tolerate us believing those actions are wrong for us.

Soon they will be pushing for gay temple marriage. That's when you guys get a big bag of popcorn ready because that's when it will get real interesting. Most of us members don't really care what non members do because we know they have their own beliefs. We may say that's wrong by our standards but you have the right to govern yourself according to the dictates of your own conscience.

I've got lots of friends and family that drink, smoke, and sleep around but I know they have different standards and values of their own and they are doing right by what they believe.

A Jew can live kosher while allowing non jews to eat bacon. But the real problems going to begain when non jews start demanding the right to slaughter pigs and smoke bacon in the synagogues with full religious rights.

That's where this thing is headed for us. Shortly they'll be demands for gay temple marriages and women holding the Priesthood. That's when things will really get interesting. The left will demand it and try to get the government to enforce it or take away the tax exempt status and file all kinds of discrimination lawsuits. Left wingers will start vandalizing church property everywhere not just in California.

The left can never live and let live they will always continue to push until they have you under their rules and completely in line with their dogma. They use incrementalism to advance their cause and will lie and give false assurance the entire time. This is another step down that rode.

The church said the big problem they had during prop 8 was their fears that if same sex marriage was normalize church members would be forced to say they agreed with it or possibly lose their job over it. Or that a church members bakery might be forced to cater gay weddings etc. The left said that was crazy fear mongering and that no one was going to lose a job or be forced to bake a cake. We know how that's worked out.

It's going to get way more interesting and it's going to happen soon. Those that hate us are going to have plenty of opportunities to see us in the middle of a mess. There's a lot of decision and uncertainty among some members but most just want to live how they want to live and be left alone like most conservatives do.

However, that fight is coming and it's going to be a big one. I'm kind of the mindset of bring it on, let's get this over and see how it all shakes out. For you spectators or mockery just be watching for the gay temple marriage demands and the women holding the priesthood. That's when our real test starts and it will get interesting.

As for me personally I don't care what non members do if it doesnt effect me but I reserve the right to think it's wrong for me or even be disgusting by it if it strikes me as such.

I'm sure I'm opening pandoras box for me by even posting it here but as usual I made it long enough most won't read it anyways. And my skin is pretty thick but I can get tired and hit back on occasion so I'll just apologize for that now. Continue firing at will and seriously, have a lot of popcorn on hand.

Bb

Good post BB.

I read it all and agree.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bb

I know you disregard my posts and call me mean names, but serious question. How do you feel about plural marriages? I know the “official” position of your faith, but i also know more than one member who’s personal beliefs don’t match it.
Is church for sinners or the sinless?

Welcome people to hear the Word or keep the from it?

You can decide. You can decide if you choose to deny the Word to those who sin. You can decide which sinners are "worthy" of hearing the Word. I'll let you argue whether the Church of JC of LDS has the true Word or not. I'm in no position to judge that. And while I find the physical act of male sodomy most revolting, I am reminded of John 7:53, 8-11.
BB, Live your faith. I’m repulsed by the acts of sexual deviants we see pushed throughout society. Saw two guys kissing on a commercial during SEC football game a Saturday or two ago. Lots of youngsters watching those games w parents. But that’s their target demographic. VRBO or some such if I remember correctly. I’m thoroughly sickened by it all.
LDS girls were down for rear end work or intake manifold work before front end work for quite some time.
They are known to be twisted out of the gate and enjoy having their rear end re-geared.
In response to Goatgruff:

I personally am not a fan of plural marriage and couldn't imagine having to live that way. I've got ancestors that were polygamist and because both my father and grandfather left the church all the old records, books and diaries were passed onto me at an early age because I was the only active member in my family when I started going to church at age 17.

I've read quite a bit over the years including the diary of my Great Great Great Grandpa Parly P Pratt and other polygamist relatives. Its interesting to read the real time perspectives of those in the middle of it. There was a lot of reluctance and all kinds of emotion they wrestled with. It was a difficult lifestyle. I know it's come back and went away again at different times throughout history. I'm content with my 1 wife and 3 kids and couldn't imagine what it would take to be involved with more than that.

That's my opinion from a practical and personal angle. From a theological angle I've found answers for myself that helped me understand why it sometimes happens. That's a whole nother novel.

I'm not sure live in line enough to called into polygamy if it did come back. I was worried a few years ago I was going to get called into a pretty big calling and I seriously considered taking a 6 pack to the interview so they'd find someone else and i hadnt had a beer since high school. So I'm not qualified to speak for the church I just put opinion out as an average struggler member.

I also know Kody from Sister wives. He used to come sit at my table at the Salt Lake gunshow and talk with me and my friend Brian for hours. This was before he even had the show. He always gave me crap because I wasn't married yet and one day Brian said don't worry about Kody, hes just big on marriage because he's a polygamist.

I don't really know Kody well anymore but Brian moved to Vegas when he did and became business partners with him. Brain talks to him or is on business with him every week and calls me maybe everyother week to catch up. I get the inside scope on that situation quite often and can say that it sounds like a rough drama filled life.

I've only seen part of his show once because Brian told me he was in an episode so I checked it out. Whenever it comes up in conversation it usually ends with something like aren't you so glad we only have 1 wife each, I couldn't do what Cody does. The other day Brian and I were talking about it a bit andi told him I'll always choose one 8 over 4 twos. He laughed and said I'm telling Kody you said that.

Bb
Bb, that was a good explanation, thanks for typing it out.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints. I was very surprised to see that headline when I clicked into this thread

From the article:

“ The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.”

Like BB explained, the LDS church teaches that marriage is between a man and a woman. This is an attempt to support individual legal rights so that church members can also legally retain their rights.

And I know polygamy is a sensational topic, but the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints has been excommunicating anyone who practices it for over 100 years. The people who are polygamists are completely broken off and just saying they are still members.
Some organizations construct a rigid hierarchy of authorities and restrictive rules, insist that members obey and comply, and run a very organized system of expectations for donations and service to that system. Usually there is curiosity, and even cynicism, about unique features of such organizations. So, the organizations tend to generate standard answers and responses to difficult and sometimes complex inquiries - particularly those inquiries that might reveal inconsistencies or weaknesses in actual adherence to espoused principles.

The bigger and more widespread/complex the organization, the more difficult it will be to deal with the inconsistencies and outside forces. As time and events pass, the tendency often is to compromise on espoused foundational principles in order to somehow manage an acceptable fit with growth of membership as well as the surrounding cultures, and to maintain semblance of self-control.

The growing power and prominence of the organization, in combination with the inevitability of gradualness, can make success more and more elusive - particularly if it is a religious based organization wanting to maintain exemptions on that basis.
Originally Posted by hatari
Is church for sinners or the sinless?

Welcome people to hear the Word or keep the from it?

You can decide. You can decide if you choose to deny the Word to those who sin. You can decide which sinners are "worthy" of hearing the Word. I'll let you argue whether the Church of JC of LDS has the true Word or not. I'm in no position to judge that. And while I find the physical act of male sodomy most revolting, I am reminded of John 7:53, 8-11.

Gays would be 100% welcome in our church, by most.
However, they won't like the sermons.
Sometimes I don't like them.
If you always do you aren't listening, or the preacher ain't preaching.
What’s wrong with sodomy?
Did Macoroni Maroni redefine “marriage” ?

Its God’s word !
Just my little thoughts, and I don't know if it fits.
Jesus ate, and drank with sinners, but He did not sin with them.
I've worked with guys in that part of the country that were members of LDS.
They were glad to be helping others and there was synergy in their groups.
A coworker was heavily involved in the church and a good man.

Not sure this is going to go over well with those types in the church. Hopefully they'll have the balls and the means to walk away. I hate seeing good people getting sucked into commercial religion.
The mormons are not christians, they do not study the bible, and its not surprising that they bow down to those with mental illness.
Originally Posted by asheepdog
The mormons are not christians, they do not study the bible, and its not surprising that they bow down to those with mental illness.
This.
Just wait until a cake is demanded.

Your understanding of our church leaves much to be desired.
Originally Posted by denton

Your understanding of our church leaves much to be desired.

My experience with them, and I have had a lot, my father is morman and that whole side of the family....It is the most disfunctional, unfaithful, narcissist/selfish, whoa is me, drug addled, mental disordered mess you've ever seen or heard of. I have not had the experience with Mormans that you and others portray. I'm not judging, just going by my experience with them. Yes, I know baptist, catholics, etc with issues....but I've never seen it at the level as I have with Mormans. My mother cries everyday from her choice of marrying a morman and taking his family on, and I resent him and his parents, sisters, nieces, and nephews for it. Her father warned her, but she didn't listen, her only way to get through it is that she claims she wouldnt have had me if she didn't marry him.
You're red face contributions to this forum are worthless.
Originally Posted by OldHat
LOL
Originally Posted by IDMilton

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints. I was very surprised to see that headline when I clicked into this thread

From the article:

“ The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.”

Like BB explained, the LDS church teaches that marriage is between a man and a woman. This is an attempt to support individual legal rights so that church members can also legally retain their rights.

And I know polygamy is a sensational topic, but the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints has been excommunicating anyone who practices it for over 100 years. The people who are polygamists are completely broken off and just saying they are still members.
Religious rights will not be preserved. It is a gradual erosion. Stupid people go along to get along.
I always liked this one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by wabigoon
He condemned sin in no uncertain terms. He loudly condemned those who did not seek forgiveness. He did not hide in a pew and moan about phony tolerance.

"Your," you illiterate twat.
Everybody is somebody for whom Jesus died. Jesus died for a world with which he didn't see eye to eye with.

Nor did he sugar coat their actions. He calls it an abomination! No church should embrace sodomy. To do so is to be led by Satan.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Toyoda's........yes

Whatcha towin' that Toyo with?
Yep

Henry Mountains right there in the background. Photo taken off Hwy 12 on the way to Boulder?

If only I could get a deer tag for that unit. Maybe if I sold my soul . . .
Originally Posted by antlers
Everybody is somebody for whom Jesus died. Jesus died for a world with which he didn't see eye to eye with.
It is not a question of seeing "eye to eye". It is a question of repentance. Modern LGBTQ+ rejects repentance and claims that the behavior is normal and not sinful.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [a]Because narrow is the gate and [b]difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Mat 7:13-14
Christ died for our sins, but He requires repentance. Many western Christian denominations are more interested in filling pews than they calling sin sin.
It’s kinda like “ballet harvesting”…..always looking for a way to increase their numbers! memtb
Read the article carefully!

The LDS Church is not condoning same sex marriage as an accepted practice, it does not! Rather the legislation attempts to "protect" a persons ability to make their own decision on the matter. It is called "Free Agency" and the ability to choose for one's self. It also supports one's right to worship and believe what they choose to believe, hence the Church's interest. In my mind, it is more about "tolerance" in the screwed-up world in which we live. The old "sand box" is getting pretty crazy as time goes on AND it is not getting any bigger either.

This what happens when "religion" and "freedom" run into .gov. Our Country was founded on religious freedom. It is just getting a lot harder to satisfy everyone's freedoms without stepping on someone else's rights or beliefs. The scriptures contained prophesy indicating that things would get rough in the end...

The judgement is a whole different matter if you believe in such as part of the "plan." IIRC, as a Christian, that part is taken care of by someone else and it is not all just based on sodomy or lack thereof alone. Need to keep our own lives in order if one adheres to such beliefs... the old "stones in glass houses" analogy.

JMHO
imperfect mortal
Originally Posted by lundtroller

The LDS Church is not condoning same sex marriage as an accepted practice, it does not! Rather the legislation attempts to "protect" a persons ability to make their own decision on the matter. It is called "Free Agency" and the ability to choose for one's self. It also supports one's right to worship and believe what they choose to believe, hence the Church's interest. In my mind, it is more about "tolerance" in the screwed-up world in which we live. The old "sand box" is getting pretty crazy as time goes on AND it is not getting any bigger either.

This what happens when "religion" and "freedom" run into .gov. Our Country was founded on religious freedom. It is just getting a lot harder to satisfy everyone's freedoms without stepping on someone else's rights or beliefs. The scriptures contained prophesy indicating that things would get rough in the end...

The judgement is a whole different matter if you believe in such as part of the "plan." IIRC, as a Christian, that part is taken care of by someone else and it is not all just based on sodomy or lack thereof alone. Need to keep our own lives in order if one adheres to such beliefs... the old "stones in glass houses" analogy.

JMHO
imperfect mortal
The global homosexual movement is about incremental perversion. If you think this is about freedom you are deeply confused and seriously gullible. It is about a RADICAL changing of society. It is about a complete destruction of the nuclear family. Our society is crumbing because of the insidious destruction of the basic family unit. Sodomy and homosexuality have long ago been decriminalized in the west. So individuals have had the freedom of personal action they desired. Codifying gay marriage is about "normalizing" homosexual *moral choices*.

The West deserves the dystopian hell they are creating - the problem is the grandchildren will inherit this.

"Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: " Mat 11:20

Why? Because they did not repent.
This is what happens when you normalize deviant behavior.

Don't forget...
OldHat,

I'm not condoning this behavior or disagreeing with your comments at all wrt my own personal beliefs/conduct.

I agree that society is slipping and that this behavior has become more prevalent and accepted by many as OK. The family is where it is at for humans from an evolutionary sense as well as religious for many reasons. Look to nature, particularly primates and large mammals! Not that it does not occur but it is not selected for. Mother Nature and natural selection are pretty harsh as well as efficient! Once again, just my personal observation and opinion.

We don't live by the laws of nature any longer. We think we are smarter and our record is pretty good, at least here in the short term...

>gov believes they can fix everything for everyone... doesn't work that way.

Interesting times to come. Once again, not necessarily a surprise at all from a religious viewpoint.

From a scientific standpoint, ever study the laws of thermodynamics and particularly the "natural" tendency/drive towards increased entropy or "randomness." This can also be viewed as less "organization" and more "chaos." It also fits the situation to my understanding at the social/macro level. Overcoming that requires "heat" and effort in the form of work, cooperation, morals, belief in a higher power, etc.
How long ago was it that blood tests were required to get a marriage license? When did they stop requiring that?
LDS…..LOL. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Originally Posted by antlers

Even the ones who's heads this went over?
To quote Jim Conrad;

"A certain amount of rascalry is tolerated provided the tithe check doesn't bounce."
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ¡ Learn more
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.
They supported the covid vax. They'll support Bang Bros if it lets them keep their tax-exempt status.
Originally Posted by jwp475
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
are there a lot of hetero couples gonna burn ?
I never liked the idea of cshit on my dick!
Originally Posted by hanco
No chit!
In response to Goatgruff:

I personally am not a fan of plural marriage and couldn't imagine having to live that way. I've got ancestors that were polygamist and because both my father and grandfather left the church all the old records, books and diaries were passed onto me at an early age because I was the only active member in my family when I started going to church at age 17.

I've read quite a bit over the years including the diary of my Great Great Great Grandpa Parly P Pratt and other polygamist relatives. Its interesting to read the real time perspectives of those in the middle of it. There was a lot of reluctance and all kinds of emotion they wrestled with. It was a difficult lifestyle. I know it's come back and went away again at different times throughout history. I'm content with my 1 wife and 3 kids and couldn't imagine what it would take to be involved with more than that.

That's my opinion from a practical and personal angle. From a theological angle I've found answers for myself that helped me understand why it sometimes happens. That's a whole nother novel.

I'm not sure live in line enough to called into polygamy if it did come back. I was worried a few years ago I was going to get called into a pretty big calling and I seriously considered taking a 6 pack to the interview so they'd find someone else and i hadnt had a beer since high school. So I'm not qualified to speak for the church I just put opinion out as an average struggler member.

I also know Kody from Sister wives. He used to come sit at my table at the Salt Lake gunshow and talk with me and my friend Brian for hours. This was before he even had the show. He always gave me crap because I wasn't married yet and one day Brian said don't worry about Kody, hes just big on marriage because he's a polygamist.

I don't really know Kody well anymore but Brian moved to Vegas when he did and became business partners with him. Brain talks to him or is on business with him every week and calls me maybe everyother week to catch up. I get the inside scope on that situation quite often and can say that it sounds like a rough drama filled life.

I've only seen part of his show once because Brian told me he was in an episode so I checked it out. Whenever it comes up in conversation it usually ends with something like aren't you so glad we only have 1 wife each, I couldn't do what Cody does. The other day Brian and I were talking about it a bit andi told him I'll always choose one 8 over 4 twos. He laughed and said I'm telling Kody you said that.

Bb

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Burleyboy.

Wow Hanko. I never figured you for someone to tongue punch a dirt chute. You devil.

Wabigoon may never been fugked in the ass but I guarantee he's paid to see some dick.

LOL

"Prayin' the gay away" ever since.

LOL

How suburban.
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!
You should call Jason and talk about it.
He is Jason…
Long ago I learned to appreciate and enjoy some great friendships and associations with LDS people - this has enabled some wonderful experiences. Some of my experiences in their church services also have been very good.

That learning involved separating those personal relationships from some clear difficulties associated with the doctrines and actions of that organization - which most call "the church". And, some egregious behaviors have seemingly not been driven by stated religious beliefs, but my the clannishness, brotherhood favoritism and behind the scenes machinations (political, business, etc.) engaged by local members as well as some in positions of government clout.

My Mormon friends have been simply excellent people.
My ancestors were Mormon handcart pioneers. My great-great grandfather was a polygamist with four wives, peak in UT carries his name. I have a little insight and knowledge of the religion. If you anticipate anyone leaving the church, you've never watched sheep getting herded. If anything, the 'prophet' will have a revelation allowing for same sex marriage just as the 'prophet' received a revelation allowing blacks to hold the priesthood in the church and all will be well. Tis is nothing new. The Book of Mormon has undergone changes from the original script, temple rituals have undergone changes, sacrament has undergone changes, etc. Curiously, one of the tenets of the founding of the church was that churches had undergone so many changes since the time of Christ a restoration of the "one true church" was needed. Hence, the angel visiting Joseph Smith to facilitate the "restoration". Inquisitive types would wonder--the church having ondergone many changes since the "restoration" -- whether the restoration was really needed and, if it was necessary, is it now time for another "restoration"? Others ponder on the fallability of the church's prophets given one declared the moon was inhabited by 12 foot tall practitioners of the Quaker faith. In the end, a few will huddle in a corner of the stake house, quietly mumble a bit about the direction of the "one true church", and conclude with exhortations to one another "Keep the faith, brother!". Much the same as did a good friend of mine when he moved to San Diego, tirelessly and loudly campaigned for Prop 8 and regretted doing so when his youngest son proclaimed his proclivity for "same sex attraction".
Hell of a paragraph.
Yeah, was in a bit of a hurry. Sorry.

LOL
Yep

yeah there is...

you're in God's Church right there....the best one their is.
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.

Oh, OK, so gay men who practice sodomy, regularly, with multiple partners will be chilling in heaven, same as you, as long as they havent rejected Christ? Asking for Flave.
Originally Posted by lundtroller

The LDS Church is not condoning same sex marriage as an accepted practice, it does not! Rather the legislation attempts to "protect" a persons ability to make their own decision on the matter. It is called "Free Agency" and the ability to choose for one's self. It also supports one's right to worship and believe what they choose to believe, hence the Church's interest. In my mind, it is more about "tolerance" in the screwed-up world in which we live.
It's really a distinction without a difference.
The LDS is going to SUPPORT sodomy for thee. Sounds very much like what a lot of people accuse Jews of doing - promoting perdition for others while segregating their own community.
LDS is a cult. What do you expect?
Originally Posted by Springcove
He is Jason…

So it won't be long distance.
Win/Win
LDS - Love Dick Suggers ???
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.

Oh, OK, so gay men who practice sodomy, regularly, with multiple partners will be chilling in heaven, same as you, as long as they havent rejected Christ? Asking for Flave.
EVERYONE who repents before death and accepts Christ as Lord over their life will be chill-in in heaven. EVERYONE. Got it Hoss?

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Isa 5:20
EVERYONE who repents before death and accepts Christ as Lord over their life will be chill-in in heaven. EVERYONE. Got it Hoss?

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Isa 5:20

Got it. I hope you're right.
Below is a copy and paste of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' view of what a family is. I'll just leave it at that. I just don't want you guys letting facts get in the way of your opinion is all....

THE FAMILY
A PROCLAMATION TO THE WORLD

The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan.

Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. “Children are an heritage of the Lord” (Psalm 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Again, I don't want facts to cloud your judgement but this is some of the first paragraphs of the first linked article.

"The nearly 17-million member, Utah-based faith said in a statement that church doctrine would continue to consider same-sex relationships to be against God's commandments. Yet it said it would support rights for same-sex couples as long as they didn't infringe upon religious groups' right to believe as they choose.

“We believe this approach is the way forward. As we work together to preserve the principles and practices of religious freedom together with the rights of LGBTQ individuals much can be accomplished to heal relationships and foster greater understanding,” the church said in a statement posted on its website."

That said, this certainly feels like the Church is loosing some of its conviction a bit.

Todd

You sure? Sure seems like a church named "the Church of Jesus Christ" might be a Christian church. I could be wrong on that though... Also, guess what they studied all of 2022 in the their Sunday school classes? The Old Testament. 2023 is going to be the new Testament. King James Version though.. FYI. Again, just didn't want facts clouding your opinion of them...

Todd
I know a few local LDS members. The ones I'm familiar with are very solid and good folks.

They might be nice people to know, with the world changes that are happening now. I would want them on my side and would support theirs.
Do they really wear that underwear?
Originally Posted by Cecil56
I know a few local LDS members. The ones I'm familiar with are very solid and good folks.

They might be nice people to know, with the world changes that are happening now. I would want them on my side and would support theirs.

Agreed.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yes. "Angel Chaps" as they are commonly referred. They have significant and sacred religious meaning.

Todd
Originally Posted by CCCC
Long ago I learned to appreciate and enjoy some great friendships and associations with LDS people - this has enabled some wonderful experiences. Some of my experiences in their church services also have been very good.

That learning involved separating those personal relationships from some clear difficulties associated with the doctrines and actions of that organization - which most call "the church". And, some egregious behaviors have seemingly not been driven by stated religious beliefs, but my the clannishness, brotherhood favoritism and behind the scenes machinations (political, business, etc.) engaged by local members as well as some in positions of government clout.

My Mormon friends have been simply excellent people.

Yep my mormon friends are great people and I admire devotion to the family
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod¡om¡y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.

Morons always like to throw out quotes from the Bible yet worship trannies
Originally Posted by IDMilton

From the article:

Thanks for clearing that up. There has been no other faith under more attack from anti American leftists than mormons. I admire their resolve.
Mormons helped shut down a big trannie drag queen strip show festival for children in Idaho this past summer. and It was backed by very rich evil leftist goons
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yes. "Angel Chaps" as they are commonly referred. They have significant and sacred religious meaning.

Todd
Thanks!
Take all of these churches' tax-exempt status away, and you'd see reality. Until then, it's all just a grabble.
While at the same time condemning the practice...and they call this INSPIRATION???

Right.
In some ways it seems like the old guys just came up with an elaborate hoax for their benefit of having wealth and a steady stream of strange. Sure, it turned into more but, com'on man, your own planet, gold tablets, sere stones, miracle undies, injuns?
Remember,........John Moses was a morman, so don't be hating on members of the LDS.( unless you don't like guns.... then GFY) grin grin grin
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
How long ago was it that blood tests were required to get a marriage license? When did they stop requiring that?

Who is they?

State issue. PA required it, don't think they do anymore.
Winchester VA is 80 miles away, and Virginia never has that I know of.
Winchester has always been the eloping place.
No blood test, no waiting, and no marriage license in the paper.
Get hitched at the courthouse.
Speaking of marriage and the mormon church, here’s some documented words of Brigham Young that might inspire some ‘fire members to convert to mormonism:

Marriage to a person of black skin: “Shall I tell you of the law of God in regards to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty under the law of God is death on the spot. This will always be so” (Brigham Young, JOD 10:110)

“This will always be so” wasn’t terribly prophetic for mormons.
I laid some turf, and was accused of sod-on-me.
Just look at the Colorado gay bar shooting thread. We have some LDS members here on the Fire.
© 24hourcampfire