Originally Posted by jwp475
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
are there a lot of hetero couples gonna burn ?

.... like tears in the rain
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I never liked the idea of cshit on my dick!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hanco
No chit!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
In response to Goatgruff:

I personally am not a fan of plural marriage and couldn't imagine having to live that way. I've got ancestors that were polygamist and because both my father and grandfather left the church all the old records, books and diaries were passed onto me at an early age because I was the only active member in my family when I started going to church at age 17.

I've read quite a bit over the years including the diary of my Great Great Great Grandpa Parly P Pratt and other polygamist relatives. Its interesting to read the real time perspectives of those in the middle of it. There was a lot of reluctance and all kinds of emotion they wrestled with. It was a difficult lifestyle. I know it's come back and went away again at different times throughout history. I'm content with my 1 wife and 3 kids and couldn't imagine what it would take to be involved with more than that.

That's my opinion from a practical and personal angle. From a theological angle I've found answers for myself that helped me understand why it sometimes happens. That's a whole nother novel.

I'm not sure live in line enough to called into polygamy if it did come back. I was worried a few years ago I was going to get called into a pretty big calling and I seriously considered taking a 6 pack to the interview so they'd find someone else and i hadnt had a beer since high school. So I'm not qualified to speak for the church I just put opinion out as an average struggler member.

I also know Kody from Sister wives. He used to come sit at my table at the Salt Lake gunshow and talk with me and my friend Brian for hours. This was before he even had the show. He always gave me crap because I wasn't married yet and one day Brian said don't worry about Kody, hes just big on marriage because he's a polygamist.

I don't really know Kody well anymore but Brian moved to Vegas when he did and became business partners with him. Brain talks to him or is on business with him every week and calls me maybe everyother week to catch up. I get the inside scope on that situation quite often and can say that it sounds like a rough drama filled life.

I've only seen part of his show once because Brian told me he was in an episode so I checked it out. Whenever it comes up in conversation it usually ends with something like aren't you so glad we only have 1 wife each, I couldn't do what Cody does. The other day Brian and I were talking about it a bit andi told him I'll always choose one 8 over 4 twos. He laughed and said I'm telling Kody you said that.

Bb

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Burleyboy.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Wow Hanko. I never figured you for someone to tongue punch a dirt chute. You devil.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wabigoon may never been fugked in the ass but I guarantee he's paid to see some dick.

LOL

"Prayin' the gay away" ever since.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

How suburban.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.
As is made crystal clear in Scripture what puts you in the fire is the rejection of Christ. The issue at hand is not what disgusting behavior people do in private. The issue at hand is the normalization and advertisement of it's "banality". Savvy!
You should call Jason and talk about it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He is Jason…

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long ago I learned to appreciate and enjoy some great friendships and associations with LDS people - this has enabled some wonderful experiences. Some of my experiences in their church services also have been very good.

That learning involved separating those personal relationships from some clear difficulties associated with the doctrines and actions of that organization - which most call "the church". And, some egregious behaviors have seemingly not been driven by stated religious beliefs, but my the clannishness, brotherhood favoritism and behind the scenes machinations (political, business, etc.) engaged by local members as well as some in positions of government clout.

My Mormon friends have been simply excellent people.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
My ancestors were Mormon handcart pioneers. My great-great grandfather was a polygamist with four wives, peak in UT carries his name. I have a little insight and knowledge of the religion. If you anticipate anyone leaving the church, you've never watched sheep getting herded. If anything, the 'prophet' will have a revelation allowing for same sex marriage just as the 'prophet' received a revelation allowing blacks to hold the priesthood in the church and all will be well. Tis is nothing new. The Book of Mormon has undergone changes from the original script, temple rituals have undergone changes, sacrament has undergone changes, etc. Curiously, one of the tenets of the founding of the church was that churches had undergone so many changes since the time of Christ a restoration of the "one true church" was needed. Hence, the angel visiting Joseph Smith to facilitate the "restoration". Inquisitive types would wonder--the church having ondergone many changes since the "restoration" -- whether the restoration was really needed and, if it was necessary, is it now time for another "restoration"? Others ponder on the fallability of the church's prophets given one declared the moon was inhabited by 12 foot tall practitioners of the Quaker faith. In the end, a few will huddle in a corner of the stake house, quietly mumble a bit about the direction of the "one true church", and conclude with exhortations to one another "Keep the faith, brother!". Much the same as did a good friend of mine when he moved to San Diego, tirelessly and loudly campaigned for Prop 8 and regretted doing so when his youngest son proclaimed his proclivity for "same sex attraction".

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hell of a paragraph.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Yeah, was in a bit of a hurry. Sorry.

LOL

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Yep

ain't a church within 100 miles of this pic

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

yeah there is...

you're in God's Church right there....the best one their is.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat
Dictionary
Search for a word
sod·om·y
/ˈsädəmē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

who knew?
doesnt specify same sex.

Oh, OK, so gay men who practice sodomy, regularly, with multiple partners will be chilling in heaven, same as you, as long as they havent rejected Christ? Asking for Flave.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Read the article carefully!

The LDS Church is not condoning same sex marriage as an accepted practice, it does not! Rather the legislation attempts to "protect" a persons ability to make their own decision on the matter. It is called "Free Agency" and the ability to choose for one's self. It also supports one's right to worship and believe what they choose to believe, hence the Church's interest. In my mind, it is more about "tolerance" in the screwed-up world in which we live.
It's really a distinction without a difference.
The LDS is going to SUPPORT sodomy for thee. Sounds very much like what a lot of people accuse Jews of doing - promoting perdition for others while segregating their own community.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LDS is a cult. What do you expect?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Springcove
He is Jason…

So it won't be long distance.
Win/Win

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
LDS - Love Dick Suggers ???

Last edited by GAGoober; 11/17/22.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,904
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.