Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm trying to troubleshoot a garden variety Liftmaster. The chain sprocket broke so I replaced the sprocket assembly. Now the door goes down less than a foot, then comes back up. The kicker is that the light on the motor doesn't blink at all, like it normally does when there is something blocking the door sensors. The door sensor lights appear to be aligned and functioning correctly. I can't find any information about this. When I search it, every result that comes up is where the motor light does blink when the door won't go down.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Do not ever tie a loop or noose in the manual pull rope.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You’ve got the limit switch settings screwed up. Too tight.

https://support.partner.liftmaster....he-travel-and-force-limits-1484145519999

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
You’ve got the limit switch settings screwed up. Too tight.

https://support.partner.liftmaster....he-travel-and-force-limits-1484145519999
I would start here as well

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not familiar with the Liftmaster, but on some door openers, there is a knob/dial that adjust current settings. If the current draw is above a set point, the door try to close, but will reverse automatically after a foot or so. Sometimes just a dry chain and rollers on the door will cause the problem. Dry chain and rollers cause the door to be harder to open, thus increasing the current draw. Before you adjust anything on the board, take some chain lube and give the chain and rollers a good lubing.

Another common problem is the door was not positioned properly when the chain/sprocket is put on. Did you make sure the door was all the way open or closed, when you put the chain on. If not, the limit/proximity switches, that tell the door when it is open/closed, are not set properly and this could cause this problem.

There's more, but these are the 2 most common.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you for the link and diagnosis Swifty52! I'll adjust the down force screw per the instructions in the link and hopefully that will solve the problem.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Thank you for the link and diagnosis Swifty52! I'll adjust the down force screw per the instructions in the link and hopefully that will solve the problem.
Not force screw, travel screw first

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You will find there are experts of all subject matter on the 'Fire. It is the ultimate universal brain trust and some specific members know absolutely everything themselves. We are a blessed community. Cumbaya.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Not force screw, travel screw first

Correct, on mine you can remove the cover and see the operation. On the gear drive it’s practically impossible to get the thing back in the same position as when it busted which means the travel limits are way off. I had no issue with the torque.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got done going through this myself. These are my suggestions:

A. Make sure The garage door can be lifted and lowered smoothly and easily by hand by adjusting the torsion spring and the drum rollers. The drum rollers on each end have to be identical tension.

B. Make sure the travel limiters are adjusted properly.

C. If your Government-mandated safety item reversing sensors are mounted on the track, take them off and mount them permanently to the jam.

My sensors were mounted to the track, and when the door started to move they wobbled just enough to make the door reverse. Once I mounted them solidly to the jam using wooden blocks, the door worked perfectly.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Direct sunlight on one or the other eyes can stop the door.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Direct sunlight on one or the other eyes can stop the door.

Or, take them off and mount them to a paint stick about an inch apart on the rafter and pay attention that there's nothing under the door when you push the button.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,318
Posts18,505,771
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.