Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I never saw a hair, heard a little shooting right after daylight, but all in all it was quiet all day from 800 on.
Ben saw six, but never got to look at them. I believe I pushed them out going back to meet him.
It tickles me to have him leave Indiana at 11pm, and drive all night to get here. That says something for me. He got here, got Sara settled in, and left immediately to go hunting. He got there about 20 minutes after I left the truck at daybreak.
Like I said though, we quit early because we wanted some range time with that 7.62x39.
It rained here most of the day, and I had promised to work, so he and my DIL went to visit his Mom. We figure on going out in the morning, and possibly going on the mountain in the afternoon.
Hell, maybe it snowed up there. It was cold enough early on.
7mm
Very cool. We had 2 rifles in the family hit hard on falls. One had the scope damaged beyond use. So we had range time today. Rained heavy off and on. Will be out early tomorrow morning!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RAS
Got this 8 about an hour after light yesterday.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nice buck man!!!
Rifle info stuff???
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by RAS
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nice buck man!!!
Rifle info stuff???
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

The rifle is a sporterized Mauser that I bought off of another 24 member in the classifieds a few years ago. 30-06 with an older Bushnell scope. Nothing fancy but does the job for sure. I leave this rifle in PA permanently because I like deer hunting in PA and plan to go there every year. I hunt public land near Smethport, PA. It’s a great place to hunt.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
More shooting the first three hours Saturday than I've heard in years it seemed like.

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Hey! It’s paisanos!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Showing off your hero again?

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Clean and articulate

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Pennsylvania hunting thread near the bottom of page 3?
Holy smokes guys, we gotta get more hunting done!
After all, The Campfire was originally set up for this!! laugh
We were out the better part of the day today, and after the rain yesterday, the woods were ripe for my style of hunting, AKA Still Hunting.
Very few people do this anymore. Everybody sits in a heated stand with a radio, but I love getting out and sneaking around for a shot. Phuq that, they call it “hunting” not sitting! frown
So this afternoon, that’s what I did. But I also figured if they snuck away from me, they’d likely sneak into Ben if he was placed good. He went where I told him, and he was!
I saw two, but as they snuck over the hill, they snuck into Ben, and he plowed A good doe with that 7.62x39. Christ that thing sounds like a pop gun compared to an honest to God Rifle! grin
But it did the trick, and he killed a helluva big doe. I know I taught him better shot placement (he spined it, ruining one of the backstraps), but it’s dead and hanging, and the steaks ain’t hurt.
How a young fellow who had a great teacher can do that is a little disappointing, but a happy ending is a happy ending.
He’s still got a week left on his vacation, and an unfilled buck tag, but I gotta work. I’ll probably skip work Friday, and I hope to Christ he’ll do better on a nice buck.
But, as I said, hunting is about family for me. I put a lot of work into making myself a hunting partner, just as The Old Man did with me, so you’re listening to a very happy fellow!
Now, if I just had a grandkid or two.... cool Like I said , hunting is a FAMILY SPORT.
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 11/28/22.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have hunted in many states. I think the last time I counted, I have taken deer in 15 states. The reason I like PA is because the amount of public land and the much improved deer herd. By deer herd, I mean the quality of the bucks taken in PA has improved dramatically. My home state of Michigan is still a$$ backwards in managing their deer herd. Especially in the Upper Peninsula. There are many places still in Michigan where 90-95% of the deer herd are button bucks or antlerless. And up until last year, some of these lopsided areas STILL did not offer antlerless permits. I am tired of dealing with it. Michigan has great fishing, small and upland game, but generally, deer hunting sucks. Much better places to experience it. Of course, not the whole state, but a big, big chunk of the public land there sucks.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Showing off your hero again?

You dumb fugks in Ohio are what I refer to when I say “region.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.