Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by scrooster

One of my favorite country remakes. What makes it even better is "the rest of the story". Darius had one or two cuts left to complete his album and told record execs he's gonna remake Wagon Wheel (originally co-written by Bob Dylan). They said "nope". He insisted he had a fresh take and it will be big. Was told if he puts it on the album, they won't release it. Darius told 'em if it's not on the album, I won't finish it. Went to #1 in 12 weeks and is only the 4th country song certified Diamond (10M sales). Fuggin' know-nothing execs.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scrooster: I know of the pain you speak of Sir!

2 things I would like to share that helped me.

1st thing was I took a notepad with me into my office and let it be known that I wanted just this one night of contemplation. As I began drinking I began writing. I wrote of all the things I was feeling from their loss as if they were sitting across from me. I spoke about some of the good times spent together as well as some of the bad times. I spoke of things I should have done and things I wished I had told them. I spoke of friends and family. I spoke of all the thing we had in common and the thing was didn't. I spoke of all the things I loved about them and how I was going to miss them, but I also spoke of the things that I didn't like about them as well.

I drank and I cried and I wrote. Anything that came into my mind I put on paper no matter what it was. I got so drunk that I passed out writing.

When the next day arrived I found that a large part of my grief and sorrow was gone!!!

2nd thing was from then own I didn't focus on my sorrow but instead focused on healing. One thing I focused on was the fact that when I pass on, I do not want someone to grieve to the point that it starts to affect their life in a negative way. I know my loved ones would not have wanted me to grieve like that over them. Instead I welcomed the memories of them and not just the memory of their passing.

Ifv this seems like something you would like to try I encourage it, but if not then too want their own. I felt like you were reaching out possibly looking for ideas! This process has helped me numerous times in my life and I think I'm better for it.

Good luck healing buddy, each day get a little better!

Regards,
Mark

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scrooster
Originally Posted by Higginez
Phags stay outta my thread, followed promptly by Darius Rucker and Luke Bryan?

JFC....

I swear to God ... phuq you phaaaggot cock sucking California mother [bleep] I will hire people to track you down and .... try me coque sucker.
Bwahahaha^^^^^

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 39 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.