Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by huntsman22
It's PUPPY time!!!!!!!!

This is the only antidote I have found for the pain. It doesn't erase the pain of the loss, but does keep us moving forward....

Every time I've had to put down a dog I tell myself "never again will I get this attached".

Then I get a new pup, and guess what - I do it all over again.

Get more attached than ever. Few years later, rinse and repeat.

Done it way too many times, and I'll keep doing it 'till they put ME down.

OP - hope you can ignore the total POS responses on your thread. Sorry for your loss, sounds like you had a very cool dog and will continue to have some great memories.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I woke up to my wife’s dead dog I’d go buy a lotto ticket.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
If I woke up to my wife’s dead dog I’d go buy a lotto ticket.

Uh it’s Paisanos??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did the autopsy determine cause of death?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear of your loss, a dog's death leaves a big hole in your heart.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Read the OP.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You must not be a dog guy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Read the OP.
Wow! You know, I read that early on, and forgot. All I remembered was that an autopsy was mentioned.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard
OP is grieving the loss of his beloved dog and Deacon Dik Head is making a sick attempt at vaxx humor. Guy's a worthless MF'er !

There is a whole passel of worthless MF'er in this thread, ALL of whom I sincerely hope develop ass-cancer and die on Christmas eve surrounded by no one...
Crapping on a "my dog died thread", WTF, losers...

OP, sorry to hear about the passing of your family dog, Corgis are cute.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
When we were kids there was a rank little Corgi that lived down the block.
He always laid in the middle of his front yard and run and bark his ass off every time we'd pass by on our bikes.

He'd just run to the edge of his yard then stand there and bark, the spot he laid in was worn down to just a patch of dirt.

The people that lived in Corgi's house were a couple of broke dick old farts that were always in their Florida room in the back of their house with their TV blaring so loud you could hear it from the middle of the road.

Between their TV and the barking dog it was more than annoying, he was relentless.

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

I got tired of his schit and stopped one day, got off my bike and approached him, I didn’t know if he'd bite or not but the closer I got he started wagging his tail and I'd never seen him wag his tail before.
I crouched down and reached right in on him and scratched his head, he didn't bite and he kept barking but his tail went ballistic.

This got to be our routine, I'd stop and scratch his head and pet him and eventually he stopped barking as I'd pass by, he'd just come to the edge of the road and I'd pet him and he'd wag his tail.

After a couple years of Corgi started chunkin' up, he looked kinda goofy with those little stumpy legs under his ballooning out obeist body but he still managed to run....and bark at everyone but me.

We both grew older.

I got my first car and parked my bike, I'd drive by Corgi's and he'd run to the edge of the road, I'd roll down my window and speak to him, he'd wag his tail a little then I'd drive off.

I'd always watch in my mirror to be sure he didn’t chase me, he never did, he'd just drop his head and waddle his fat butt back to his dirt spot in the middle of his yard with his tail between his little stumpy legs.

The only times I'd ever seen him really happy was when I'd scratch his head and pet him, I was gonna have to stop and pet him again.

I had a couple other kids in the car one day as we were passing by Corgi's place, we were heading to the beach, I stopped and decided I'd pet Corgi.
As soon as I opened my door Corgi left his yard for the first time ever and jumped into my car, he refused to get out.

He was all over everybody in the car, licking their faces and beating everyone with his ballistic tail wagging.
I decided, screw it, I slammed my door and sped off, we dognapped Corgi and took him to the beach.

This dog had a blast, he ran up and down the beach barking at everyone he saw. He barked at the waves and then bite at them as they rolled up onto the beach. He went swimming, it was amazing he could swim with his little legs and obeist body.

He acted like he'd never been allowed to go anywhere or do anything, he had a great day.

[Linked Image from pawbuzz.com]

I took him back to his house but stopped short a house away so nobody would see me drop him off.
He jumped out of the car and ran back to his house..

As I passed by leaving I saw him laying in the middle of his yard on his dirt spot, ears up and wagging his tail.

This got to be routine, every time we'd head out we'd stop and dognap Corgi, maybe two or three times a week. This went on for a couple of years. Corgi became a total outlaw.

Eventually Corgi started going on overnight trips with us.
We'd camp on undeveloped beach land where we'd build bonfires and raise hell all night.

That's when we found out Corgi had a drinking problem.

[Linked Image from photos.bringfido.com]

Corgi could drink as much beer we could and he was a sloppy drunk.
Those little short legs didn't work so well after a couple beers.
He'd get up and try to walk and just make it a few feet then do a face plant in the sand.

We'd try to sober him up by seeing how many hotdogs and marshmallows he could eat, Corgi could hold his own, he never puked, not once.

He'd always just fall asleep, upside down beside who ever would rub his belly.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Never heard anything out of his owners, don't know if they ever even noticed he was missing on occasion.
I think he just stayed out in his front yard to get away from their extra loud TV.

We never even knew his real name, he seemed fine with us calling him Corgi. We were just goofy kids doing what goofy kids do.
I do know for a fact that Corgi was a pretty happy dog through those years. If I had time to stop or not when I'd pass by his ears were always up with his tail wagging like crazy.
Those pictures are precious! And are a pretty good reflection of my daughter's Corgi - he flies like superman when he leaps over things and also sleeps on his back just like that.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
OP is grieving the loss of his beloved dog and Deacon Dik Head is making a sick attempt at vaxx humor. Guy's a worthless MF'er !

There is a whole passel of worthless MF'er in this thread, ALL of whom I sincerely hope develop ass-cancer and die on Christmas eve surrounded by no one...

+1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Exact same thing happened to my little dog Sparky. I miss you, Sparky. See you on the other side.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

+1
+2
Been around dogs all my life, but until we got our first dog just under two years ago, I never realized how much they come to mean, like some say they become part of the family.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry to hear. Best wishes!

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry to read this. Corgi's are very neat little dogs with great personalities.

Hang onto the memories and go find another Corgi pup.

Hugh
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My closest neighbor is a good sized rancher, maybe 600 pairs. I was surprised to see a couple Corgis in his yard next to the border collies. He said they were pretty snotty cow dogs. I'll take his word on it.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Tansun: Sorry to hear of the loss to your family!
Our oldest VarmintSon has a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and it is THE greatest little guy (pet).
It loves to swim and does not bark excessively and it especially loves to bound through the snow when he comes to visit us in Montana.
Stay strong.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Tansun: Sorry to hear of the loss to your family!
Our oldest VarmintSon has a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and it is THE greatest little guy (pet).
It loves to swim and does not bark excessively and it especially loves to bound through the snow when he comes to visit us in Montana.
Stay strong.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sorry. Small solace he was at home.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 49 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.