Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks BSA, You've been help full.
I agree. I didn't want to take to much off either.
It's easy enough to place the spring and check it, and the work it, and re check it.
The old saying Caution on the side of error comes to mind.
The illustration, UncleAlps put up was a great help analyzing ahead of time, and making my decision on what to do.
Thanks to all the other great recommendations and suggestions that helped me come to my decision for our friend.
He's extremely happy that it only cost the $12 Bucks vs. a newer trigger cost no matter what the choice.
It was a nice Christmas present fixing it for the Young Man. We talk about keeping the Younger Generation into Hunting.
There's always a way to try.

Respectfully,

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 12/03/22.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good job. Wish I had those instructions when I bought my first 77 Mk II. I lived with that trigger over 20 years before finally fixing it. What a difference.

God Bless America
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Good point!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My first Ruger m77 mkII I bought was a 300wm.

Same here and I went to far getting the trigger weight down lesson learned.

J
J
Where did you get your lighter spring from? I called our local gunsmith and he wants $100 for me to bring my rifle in and cut part of the spring and then polish everything up for me and maybe alter the sear. I had just left him a message that I just needed a lighter spring and I would put it in myself, but of course he wants to make money I assume. I also called Brownells and they don't have a spring neither. Waiting for MidwayUSA to get back to me.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by jerryjr
Where did you get your lighter spring from? I called our local gunsmith and he wants $100 for me to bring my rifle in and cut part of the spring and then polish everything up for me and maybe alter the sear. I had just left him a message that I just needed a lighter spring and I would put it in myself, but of course he wants to make money I assume. I also called Brownells and they don't have a spring neither. Waiting for MidwayUSA to get back to me.

This is an option:

www.erniethegunsmith.com

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TeeBone

This is an option:

www.erniethegunsmith.com

This is your best option. Some stoning of the trigger will help a lot also.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Try your local Ace Hardware. They have springs of similar size, but the coils are thinner and provide a lighter pull weight, when cut to the appropriate length and installed. I can't remember, but I believe the ones I buy are 1/4" and the coil wire diameter is .023". Cut to about 1 1/4" or there abouts and try it. The springs at Ace are like 2" or 3" long and you can cut to the desired length.

Originally Posted by 805

This is an option:

www.erniethegunsmith.com

Sorry, but that is not his best option.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Try your local Ace Hardware. They have springs of similar size, but the coils are thinner and provide a lighter pull weight, when cut to the appropriate length and installed. I can't remember, but I believe the ones I buy are 1/4" and the coil wire diameter is .023". Cut to about 1 1/4" or there abouts and try it. The springs at Ace are like 2" or 3" long and you can cut to the desired length.

Originally Posted by 805

This is an option:

www.erniethegunsmith.com

Sorry, but that is not his best option.

I'd prefer that those who handle firearms around me would choose to install the $8.00, purpose-made trigger spring from the professional gunsmith. I just installed one in a Ruger Hawkeye and it's a pretty good trigger with no other modification.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yup. This is my first step as well.

I'd prefer that those who handle firearms around me would choose to install the $8.00, purpose-made trigger spring from the professional gunsmith. I just installed one in a Ruger Hawkeye and it's a pretty good trigger with no other modification.

Do you honestly think that spring knows that it is in a rifle?

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 257 mag, 9 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.