Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Speaking of Amazon, I got this scam email this morning. I buy lots of stuff from Amazon.

H͏e͏l͏l͏o͏ r**********@yahoo.com

W͏e͏ h͏a͏v͏e͏ t͏e͏m͏p͏o͏r͏a͏r͏i͏l͏y͏ p͏l͏a͏c͏e͏d͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ A͏m͏a͏z͏o͏n͏ a͏c͏c͏o͏u͏n͏t͏ o͏n͏ h͏o͏l͏d͏ a͏n͏d͏ c͏a͏n͏c͏e͏l͏e͏d͏ a͏n͏y͏ p͏e͏n͏d͏i͏n͏g͏ o͏r͏d͏e͏r͏s͏ o͏r͏ s͏u͏b͏s͏c͏r͏i͏p͏t͏i͏o͏n͏s͏ b͏e͏c͏a͏u͏s͏e͏ w͏e͏ d͏e͏t͏e͏c͏t͏e͏d͏ u͏n͏u͏s͏u͏a͏l͏ a͏c͏t͏i͏v͏i͏t͏y͏ o͏n͏ i͏t͏.

T͏o͏ r͏e͏s͏t͏o͏r͏e͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ a͏c͏c͏o͏u͏n͏t͏, y͏o͏u͏ c͏a͏n͏ c͏l͏i͏c͏k͏ t͏h͏e͏ b͏u͏t͏t͏o͏n͏ b͏e͏l͏o͏w͏ a͏n͏d͏ f͏o͏l͏l͏o͏w͏ o͏n͏-s͏c͏r͏e͏e͏n͏ i͏n͏s͏t͏r͏u͏c͏t͏i͏o͏n͏s͏.

O͏n͏c͏e͏ y͏o͏u͏ h͏a͏v͏e͏ p͏r͏o͏v͏i͏d͏e͏d͏ t͏h͏e͏ r͏e͏q͏u͏i͏r͏e͏d͏ i͏n͏f͏o͏r͏m͏a͏t͏i͏o͏n͏, w͏e͏ w͏i͏l͏l͏ r͏e͏v͏i͏e͏w͏ i͏t͏ a͏n͏d͏ r͏e͏s͏p͏o͏n͏d͏ w͏i͏t͏h͏i͏n͏ 2͏4͏ h͏o͏u͏r͏s͏.

Y͏o͏u͏ c͏a͏n͏n͏o͏t͏ a͏c͏c͏e͏s͏s͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ a͏c͏c͏o͏u͏n͏t͏ u͏n͏t͏i͏l͏ t͏h͏i͏s͏ p͏r͏o͏c͏e͏s͏s͏ i͏s͏ c͏o͏m͏p͏l͏e͏t͏e͏.

I͏f͏ y͏o͏u͏ d͏o͏n͏'t͏ c͏o͏m͏p͏l͏e͏t͏e͏ a͏c͏c͏o͏u͏n͏t͏ r͏e͏c͏o͏v͏e͏r͏y͏ w͏i͏t͏h͏i͏n͏ 3͏ d͏a͏y͏s͏, w͏e͏ w͏i͏l͏l͏ l͏o͏c͏k͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ A͏m͏a͏z͏o͏n͏ a͏c͏c͏o͏u͏n͏t͏ p͏e͏r͏m͏a͏n͏e͏n͏t͏l͏y͏.

W͏e͏ a͏r͏e͏ s͏o͏r͏r͏y͏ f͏o͏r͏ a͏n͏y͏ i͏n͏c͏o͏n͏v͏e͏n͏i͏e͏n͏c͏e͏ t͏h͏i͏s͏ m͏a͏y͏ h͏a͏v͏e͏ c͏a͏u͏s͏e͏d͏.
T͏h͏a͏n͏k͏ y͏o͏u͏ f͏o͏r͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ a͏t͏t͏e͏n͏t͏i͏o͏n͏.

S͏i͏n͏c͏e͏r͏e͏l͏y͏,

A͏m͏a͏z͏o͏n͏.c͏o͏m͏

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Not Amazons fault, shipping services suck now. USPS is terrible, I've had several packages that have said delivered but werent in my mailbox or porch, Amazon has always replaced or refunded thank goodness. Wife ordered me a nice duck stamp print, they left it out in rain even though I have a huge covered front porch. I never get call backs when I leave messages for post master.

This was a UPS package thrown in driveway, had a nice new leupold vxr in it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by killerv; 11/30/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Our rural mail lady who usually finishes her 55 mile route by 3 PM & has to make four trips to her PO just to refill her Jeep Cherokee with Amazon packages. At least twice a week, the Amazon delivery van is late, & she has to redeliver before her day ends."

Ironic that Post Office employees are working double time on account of Amazon. The Internet.

Twenty years ago, the Post Office was on very hard times. Their most profitable business was first class mail. The internet, with email had wiped out first class mail and the Post Office was going broke. Twenty five years ago, I had friends who lived out of state, I was mailing 2 or 3 first class letters a week. Stamps were, what 42 cents? Very profitable for the Post Office. I got on the email 20 years ago, and have not sent a first class letter since.

Along comes Amazon on the Internet, suddenly people are shopping from home, and the Post Office is busy delivering all the packages.

The Internet giveth, and the Internet taketh away.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Been my experience that when my wife or I ordered something online and the shipping was advertised with a 'free' or extremely cheap option, final delivery almost always has been via USPS, regardless whether the seller initially shipped it via FedEx or UPS.

Seeing less and less of FedEx hand-off to USPS for final delivery shipments now, though,as FedEx found they can save more money and get faster delivery times by using their own FedEx ground service and calling their lowest cost 'budget' service "FedEx Ground - Economy" now.

The main difference between UPS, FedEx and USPS personnel I've noticed is UPS' full-time delivery drivers are, for the most part, all career UPS employees and members of the Teamsters Union whereas FedEx drivers by and large are not and many (if not most) USPS rural route drivers as well as local post office employees nowadays are temps and contract workers who make less and with fewer (if any) benefits that official full-time USPS employees do.

We live in a small town in a mostly rural area and anymore it's common to see Amazon delivery trucks daily making residential deliveries of Amazon packages.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
we must be lucky we have several shipments come to the house and have very few issues with either UPS or FedEx it seems like USPS has a few more issues in the others and that's usually related to the time frame that they say the delivery will be and not mean here when that is.
but we are out in the sticks nothing else around and always the same drivers I'm sure that helps a great deal. as far as Amazon goes they send out their own drivers in more or less personal cars with a sticker on them. that we do get a variety of drivers there they're all scared of a rascal dog so we always know when delivery is cuz we get a text or phone call asking if the dog's friendly before they leave a package on the porch..

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No proublems here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I use Amazon on a regular basis...just too convenient

Arrives on the Brown truck with a buddy of mine when I worked there

Fed Ex Ground ? Their hub is 120 miles away...with one mountain pass in between

Currently a pleasant young lady driver....Hate their Smart Post system they use....very slow

Just had Fed Ex pick up a Springfield slide going back for a sight swap...pray for me.........

They do make it easy to have returns picked up at your door with a return label

https://www.fedex.com/grd/rpp/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Double goodness.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Amazon delivers Amazon orders here.

Never know who or what they’ll show up with. Piece of crap toyota with no muffler and an amazon magnetic sign or a full blown decked out blue van

I have never gotten an Amazon product delivered by FedEx, that’s strange

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UPS usually drops off Amazon at my office, sometimes USPS. Both will typically do a pretty good job.

Had some new truck tires come in today (31% off on Cyber Monday) and the UPS guy asked which truck was mine so he could help me put them in the bed. Good guy with good attitude.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deliveries from multiple carriers are a nightmare in my neck of the woods. USPS won’t deliver to my address - had to set up a PO BOX so I can claim packages.

UPS, which has always been superb delivering to my other addresses, for some reason, refuses to go through my gate and up to the house to drop packages. They leave everything at the gate. Asshoooooles!

FedX which historically sucks my nut sack for delivering anything on time, is a the Rock Star at my property. The driver goes through the gate and rings the front door bell. FedX guy get’s a Christmas gift card for doing his job.

Amazon Home Delivery? Fug that! Amazon takes everything to my PO BOX.

I even bought a sign that says, USPS, UPS, FedX, Amazon Deliver Packages to the house. They all just leave my packages under the sign like a giant 🖕🏾 You. Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 75% of my shopping is done online, many different sources but Amazon is the most common.

The other 25% is mostly perishables, meats, vegetables, etc.

Shipping can often be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours.

The money I save on fuel wasted running from store to store shopping by far covers my Amazon Prime account fee which gives me free shipping.

The bulky items are the real savers, kitchen cabinets, furniture, spa tub, 33 pound bags of dog food all delivered free to my door.

The best part is I am buying from small American businesses on Amazon!

Screw the Walmarts, Homedepots and the rest of the mega corporations.
I only shadow the doors of building centers if it can't be bought online.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have bought a ton of items for a house I'm rehabbing right now in the last month off Amazon. Good stuff, too. All of the plumbing items were probably half to one third of what I would have paid at Home Depot or elsewhere. Black Friday deals didn't hurt, either.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This......

I was complimented Thanksgiving Day on the sweater I was wearing by my BIL

I simply said 'it's by Jeff Bezos'...................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Over 60 Amazon deliveries so far this year and zero issues. Probably 80-90 deliveries total and no issues knock on wood.

I've about given up on buying things locally, even simple things like gloves. Nope, couldn't find any gloves in our hardware store. Dog food is hit and miss. Chainsaw bar, chain, parts for semi obscure projects, etc...? Forget about it.

Sad but true story.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Over 60 Amazon deliveries so far this year and zero issues. Probably 80-90 deliveries total and no issues knock on wood.

I've about given up on buying things locally, even simple things like gloves. Nope, couldn't find any gloves in our hardware store. Dog food is hit and miss. Chainsaw bar, chain, parts for semi obscure projects, etc...? Forget about it.

Sad but true story.

Walmart shipping may surprise you

You can sometimes find things online you may never see at the store

Spend $35 & shipping is included...they do use Fed Ex Ground

Order some 50# bags of dog food........or Rotella oil...........

I use the online pick up for grocery orders...haven't been in the store in 2 years

https://www.walmart.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Deliveries from multiple carriers are a nightmare in my neck of the woods. USPS won’t deliver to my address - had to set up a PO BOX so I can claim packages.

UPS, which has always been superb delivering to my other addresses, for some reason, refuses to go through my gate and up to the house to drop packages. They leave everything at the gate. Asshoooooles!

FedX which historically sucks my nut sack for delivering anything on time, is a the Rock Star at my property. The driver goes through the gate and rings the front door bell. FedX guy get’s a Christmas gift card for doing his job.

I even bought a sign that says, USPS, UPS, FedX, Amazon Deliver Packages to the house. They all just leave my packages under the sign like a giant 🖕🏾 You. Lol

🦫

I have an update.

Tikka, take notice.

Late afternoon, I’m in my reloading room when I hear a large truck idle in my driveway. Open the blinds and see Big Brown Truck had backed in.

I yell to Wifey, “UPS is at the house”. Wife says “It must be a relief driver”.

I head out the door and ask the UPS guy, “you a relief driver?” He said, “No, I’m your regular guy.” I said “You must be lost then because you never come up to the house”.

He gave me a sheepish look. Then said, “I just read your sign on the gate to bring packages up to the house”...I must’ve look miffed because just then another guy steps out of the truck and looks at me. I said “who’s this?” The guy said “I’m a route supervisor”.

I said....”Oh”. “Well, thanks for finally coming up to the house like FedX does”.

Frigg’n driver must’ve gotten busted by the supervisor and told to open the gate and drive up.

#Win4TheDay

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by blanket
Wife had A package being shipped to arrive today, dumb ass FedEx thru it out next to a hoop shed a half mile away. Thank you

mine comes on the brown truck

Go Brown

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

🦫

I have an update.

Tikka, take notice.

Late afternoon, I’m in my reloading room when I hear a large truck idle in my driveway. Open the blinds and see Big Brown Truck had backed in.

I yell to Wifey, “UPS is at the house”. Wife says “It must be a relief driver”.

I head out the door and ask the UPS guy, “you a relief driver?” He said, “No, I’m your regular guy.” I said “You must be lost then because you never come up to the house”.

He gave me a sheepish look. Then said, “I just read your sign on the gate to bring packages up to the house”...I must’ve look miffed because just then another guy steps out of the truck and looks at me. I said “who’s this?” The guy said “I’m a route supervisor”.

I said....”Oh”. “Well, thanks for finally coming up to the house like FedX does”.

Frigg’n driver must’ve gotten busted by the supervisor and told to open the gate and drive up.

#Win4TheDay

🦫

Kool go Brown

11 yrs this week since I've been gone

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,311 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.