Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stop crying

You have zero idea what type of grumpy drunk bastards used to run this place 5-10 years ago

Youre welcome

Pull up a spot and join in, it gets better

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sh40674
First, I'm not a troll. That was my honest experience with a 350L. Knew I shouldn't have mentioned it because it would turn into this. If you want the info the first 2 were with the XP. 3rd was with I believe a federal 180? That one didn't deflect but had a lack of blood (all did). I simply was not impressed with the round.

2nd. I dont know what to price a savage barrel as I've never sold a rifle barrel.

3rd. Who was whining about recoil? I said I noticed a difference. And if you're referencing my kid and recoil? Guess that goes to show where you're at with your life.

Is this how this place normally is?
If you're a maga Republican most will like you. If you're a bleeding heart, crying arse, flip-flop, manbun wearing soy boy who has issues with pronouns or referring to the COVID vaccine as "the jab" then you......... might face some difficulty!

BTW GFY!

Last edited by MPat70; 11/30/22.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
First, I'm not a troll. That was my honest experience with a 350L. Knew I shouldn't have mentioned it because it would turn into this. If you want the info the first 2 were with the XP. 3rd was with I believe a federal 180? That one didn't deflect but had a lack of blood (all did). I simply was not impressed with the round.

2nd. I dont know what to price a savage barrel as I've never sold a rifle barrel.

3rd. Who was whining about recoil? I said I noticed a difference. And if you're referencing my kid and recoil? Guess that goes to show where you're at with your life.

When you start posting about bullets bouncing off deer ribs, particularly blunt bullets at modest speeds, guys in the know are going to call BS. If you don't like that, you should move along.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Stop crying

You have zero idea what type of grumpy drunk bastards used to run this place 5-10 years ago

Youre welcome

Pull up a spot and join in, it gets better

Really?
I don't remember??

To the OP, GFY

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord
Whining and crying about recoil from a .44 mag in a rifle???

What a bitch
Heellll, I'm a bitch too. I will occasionally whine about a stout load from my Marlin 1894 in 41 mag. It can hurt worse than the 7 STW with 160s at 3200 fps.

I ain't ashamed!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

When you start posting about bullets bouncing off deer ribs, particularly blunt bullets at modest speeds, guys in the know are going to call BS. If you don't like that, you should move along.
Yup.

S
Sh40674 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Actually I do, long time lurker. A lot of info here. God forbid if I go against the 350L cult apparently.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Actually I do, long time lurker. A lot of info here. God forbid if I go against the 350L cult apparently.

You aren't stumbling onto any cartridge cult here atall...

You are, however among hunters who have killed deer with everything from a .22 short to a .458 Win Mag, and you won't get them to believe that a 350 Legend bounces off of deer ribs and leaves no blood trail.

Experienced hunters know better x100..

But if you need to borrow a shovel to dig that hole a bit deeper, I'm sure someone will lend you one. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Lets take a look at ballistic tests on that XP bullet you said "deflected" off of 2 deer.

FWIW, I have seen gutshot deer run off without much if any blood trail. wink

Lack of blood seems to be an issue with you.. I can't really speak for that because when I shoot a deer, the blood I find is laying under it when it falls straight down. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Sh40674 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've watched every video there was before buying a 350L. 2 deer deflected with the deer season XP. Broadside and exit out the guts. Only went around 40 yards each, never complained about recovery. However it worried me that if we're to say run long distance through corn with no blood would be a concern. Never said they didn't kill. All 3 deer recovered. Last deer wasn't a deflection just no blood to speak of. Just didn't care for the cartridge so I looked into a 44 which is obviously blunt.

I've got nothing to prove to strangers, don't really care if I'm believed or not lol.

Btw, Trump 2024🇺🇲

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
I've gotten at least a dozen moose with my .44's ... no rib/round bounce that I could fine.... just meat in a freezer in the end...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've got nothing to prove to strangers, don't really care if I'm believed or not lol.

I'm glad you changed to what makes you happy.

Got any photos of those deer? Or any deer, for that matter?

If not, look up this guy called Roundoak here. He'll help you out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 70 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,802
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.