-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
Here in Wisconsin the most anticipated hatch of the season is the Hex (Hexagenia limbata) hatch.<BR> <BR>Montana has it's famous Salmon Fly hatch. <BR> <BR>What's the hatch you most love to fish in your area?<P>

Duck! it's a Rick O'Shay
GB1

S
S
Rick:<P>I'm a refugee from AO too! I'm going down to the White River (Bayfield County) to check the HEX hatch tomorrow night, as it is supposed to be hot and humid. I'm sure our strange weather this year will throw thing off, but will post here on Sunday AM and let you know whats happening in the dark of night!

S
S
The HEX hatch started on the White River (Bibbon Swamp) on Saturday night, although rather sparse. I assume it's the first of the season as they were all duns and I didn't see any spinners. Should be going real heavy for next week

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Welcome to the campfire, Sand Bay and Rick O'Shay! We are sorely in need of more mid-westerners here, 'course that's just my opinion. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] I haven't noticed much hatching out around here yet, other than those phoebes nesting above the doors at home and cabin, flingin' poo on steps, walls and passers by. Do you guys fish mainly for trout, or are you equal opportunity fly fishers? ~ Dan

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
i live in illinois and travel into wis. to flyfish aa often as possible. i have fished in about every direction in wis. there is. i suppose for diversity of hatches i would probably have to choose the little wolf river around langlade on up. if it wasn't for all the rafting going on there i would say it is the most satisfying river i fished up there. but for pure fishing enjoyment i prefer willow creek in sauk co. or timber coulee out by la crosse. i can alway catch a few trout in those streams. luck!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm kinda fond of the Spring Break Hatch myself, but others like the mayfly hatch for panfishing.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (35, 10Glocks, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 308ld, 1badf350, 8 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,901
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.