-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She wasn't looking for "answers",just searching for "vindication" of her Participation "Trophy". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Maxwell
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT
Why 30 mm? Doesn’t sound like you need the travel.

Good question. Just because I don’t have one currently. Just wanted to maximize field of view and light gathering ability.

A 30mm tube in and of itself won't help you there.

Beat me to it. Tube diameter has nothing to do with light gathering ability or FOV. Compare specs on a few scopes with similar power ranges and objective sizes if you need data to convince yourself.

What you’re looking for is a large objective, not a large tube (per se).
While it doesn’t guarantee a larger field of view, this is dependent on internal design, the larger tube does offer the potential for a larger field of view.

Field of view, in degrees, is equal to the field stop divided by focal length multiplied by 57.3.
And since the larger tube provides the capability of a larger field stop, the opportunity to design it with a larger field of view is there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simply shut the fhuqk up,because are talking about schit you've NEVER even fhuqking "seen". Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Simply shut the fhuqk up,because are talking about schit you've NEVER even fhuqking "seen". Hint.

You need help...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DollarShort

Good question. Just because I don’t have one currently. Just wanted to maximize field of view and light gathering ability.

Beat me to it. Tube diameter has nothing to do with light gathering ability or FOV. Compare specs on a few scopes with similar power ranges and objective sizes if you need data to convince yourself.

While it doesn’t guarantee a larger field of view, this is dependent on internal design, the larger tube does offer the potential for a larger field of view.

Field of view, in degrees, is equal to the field stop divided by focal length multiplied by 57.3.
And since the larger tube provides the capability of a larger field stop, the opportunity to design it with a larger field of view is there.

Touché. I’m no engineer.

Seems it rarely works out to make any practical difference, though. The difference in FOV between otherwise similar scopes w/ 1” vs 30 mm tubes usually amounts to about 1-2 tenths of a degree in viewing angle, i.e, less than peanuts.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DollarShort

Touché. I’m no engineer.

Seems it rarely works out to make any practical difference, though. The difference in FOV between otherwise similar scopes w/ 1” vs 30 mm tubes usually amounts to about 1-2 tenths of a degree in viewing angle, i.e, less than peanuts.
Yeah. It’s no guarantee. And scope manufacturers rarely include internal specs. So you are relying on their advertised field of view being accurate/honest. Unless you can compare side by side.

But if designed correctly, it could be a little over 15% wider at the same magnification.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brad

You need help...

Bradgelina,

Simply dangle pics of "your" wares,you Magnificent Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
She wasn't looking for "answers",just searching for "vindication" of her Participation "Trophy". Hint.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety/Bradgelina,

Perhaps you two Brokedick Kchunts can combine "powers" and dangle a picture between your trembling fingers and quivering lips,that actually exists?!? My other CTR looks like this. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you Fhuqktards,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you Brokedick Crying Kchunts can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think I need a rifle with a 60 degree bolt....
.... so I can mount a big honkin scope nice and low.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll take Reality,as you Fhuqktards drool aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Careful on the Meopta Optikas. I did have a Optika6 that I liked, but many of their reticles are very faint, and thus not good for hunting in my opinion. Good for punching paper as long as your target is light colored.

For your stated use a 3-9x40 plex should be more than sufficient. Also google point blank range. If you want to get fancy, look at the Swarovski Z3, Trijicon Accupoint, or Nightforce SHV 3-10.

Last edited by WideOpenSpaces; 11/30/22.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Pffft....
I don’t even see one Savage Model 10 243 with ProStaff 5 2.5-10x40 in that whole pile.

poor unfortunate soul

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I could hammer those little pistols to pieces with my MkII Target 678.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Crying Kchunts NEED some Positive Reinforcement. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Arken SH4 has equal internals as the Athlon Helos, has a lit reticle, a better zero stop, is FFP and HD glass which the Athlon doesn't, for $150 less.

You can keep sucking hind tit if you wish or you can shoot them all the choice is yours. Arken SH4 simply beats the Athlon in every way and is less dollars and that is a fact you have yet to experience. Within the year you will be bragging to high heaven pretending it was your very own discovery once again!

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

I enjoy your GoogleFu,but it pales to Reality. Hint.

The Arken is 34mm tube and 10 ounces heavier. Turrets don't lock and are only 8 Mil's per revolution. Their zero stop is lesser to boot. Athlon illumination,is superior. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you Pretend aloud,with your Brokedicktitude on full display. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Brokedick is a closet full of Chinese scopes.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I "only" have 100's and 100's of scopes and it's nice if only for a change,to drive wares which work. Hint.

I reckon I should update that very recent picture,given the magnitude of the spending spree. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd suggest taking a look at the Meopta Optika5 3-15X44. A 1-inch tube SFP scope that will serve your needs just fine. Set it and forget it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,934
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.