Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Out of all the scopes I looked at and reviews, the only dot that is daylight bright is the Credo HX with red hunter holds. Everything else is just barely visible in bright sun.

Except for the Accupoints, they are definitely daylight bright.

Last edited by TWR; 12/02/22.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Your picture is better than the Trijicons I looked through in Cabela's last year. I was hoping to buy one, but of all their scopes I looked though the optics were not as good as the Leupold's and the dot was barely visible. In the future if I can find one that is as good as what you are showing I may buy it.

Inside a store is a terrible place to judge optics. As to the Accupoints visibility, again inside isn’t where they’re designed to work. They need skylight for the fiber optics, or darkness for the tritium to be visible, and then it’s only visible enough to identify your aiming point. Last week I made it to my stand while it was still dead dark and while waiting for shooting light I periodically looked around in the heavy cover through my 3-9x40, hardly a night scope. A couple of minutes before legal light, I took a good look around and that green dot was visible against anything that I could have shot, though I might have had trouble avoiding branches and other obstructions at the edges of my field of view. Once there was some skylight, the FOs made the dot readily visible and it stood out nicely on the sticking spot of the buck that showed up at 0915. Battery models give better control of the illumination, but………require batteries.

Sounds like your tritium needs replaced.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got two Accupoint 1-4xs and six VX3s. Trijicon wins in glass quality hands down. The FO is brighter than any illumination I've used. I haven't used it from a blind, but when its dark out, its still bright. I really appreciate the built-in filter that allows you to cover part of the FO.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Your picture is better than the Trijicons I looked through in Cabela's last year. I was hoping to buy one, but of all their scopes I looked though the optics were not as good as the Leupold's and the dot was barely visible. In the future if I can find one that is as good as what you are showing I may buy it.

Inside a store is a terrible place to judge optics. As to the Accupoints visibility, again inside isn’t where they’re designed to work. They need skylight for the fiber optics, or darkness for the tritium to be visible, and then it’s only visible enough to identify your aiming point. Last week I made it to my stand while it was still dead dark and while waiting for shooting light I periodically looked around in the heavy cover through my 3-9x40, hardly a night scope. A couple of minutes before legal light, I took a good look around and that green dot was visible against anything that I could have shot, though I might have had trouble avoiding branches and other obstructions at the edges of my field of view. Once there was some skylight, the FOs made the dot readily visible and it stood out nicely on the sticking spot of the buck that showed up at 0915. Battery models give better control of the illumination, but………require batteries.

Sounds like your tritium needs replaced.

Not at all. The tritium is for darkness, or very dim light, FO for daylight. Both Accupoints are only about a year old.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Point was: you can’t cut the tritium off, and your description implied that you couldn’t see the dot in the dark/before the fiber optic had enough light to work….but maybe I just misread that?

FWIW, there are no conditions I’ve ever found where the illuminated portion of the reticle isn’t easily visible….from pitch dark to ultra bright sun….unless something is amiss. I’ve used a 1-4 behind a thermal clip-on a LOT….even works great for that.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/03/22.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well…. I bought the same scope, put it on my Model 70 Featherweight in 308, mounted in Leupy Dual Dovetails, lapped the rings, and had almost the exact same results…it took me 4 rounds to get zeroed!😂

Glass is awesome, tracking wonderful, reticle is useful, and the dot is better than I ever thought it would be! Also shot my best 3 round group at 100 yards with this rifle! I’m veddy impressed

Thanks for all the info in this thread! It pushed me to buy it!

Last edited by Sixpack; 12/18/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad you like it!

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Point was: you can’t cut the tritium off, and your description implied that you couldn’t see the dot in the dark/before the fiber optic had enough light to work….but maybe I just misread that?

FWIW, there are no conditions I’ve ever found where the illuminated portion of the reticle isn’t easily visible….from pitch dark to ultra bright sun….unless something is amiss. I’ve used a 1-4 behind a thermal clip-on a LOT….even works great for that.

What I said was, “A couple of minutes before legal light, I took a good look around and that green dot was visible against anything that I could have shot, though I might have had trouble avoiding branches and other obstructions at the edges of my field of view.”, so either I wasn’t clear enough, or you misread it. No matter.

I agree the dot is usable under all conditions except when I’m in a dark place and the target is in good light. The tritium doesn’t help there, and the FO can’t collect enough to show up. Have yet to have that happen afield, but I don’t hunt from blinds or sheds. In the instance I described, a brighter scope would have made the sticks and other stuff more visible I think, but those conditions only lasted a very few moments until things brightened up somewhat, right about legal light. I’m a big proponent of those scopes, and have two on prime hunting rifles. Might buy more, though I have too many scopes as it is. I wish more of their models had that near-perfect duplex.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also… thanks Pappy348 for all the additional info you provided. I went back and forth between the AccuPoint and Credo HX but ultimately the #4 reticle was the deciding factor

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a fan of the Trijicon's. Really like the Accupoints as there is no switch to fumble with for illumination. Solid, dependable hunting scope.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good deal.

Now go forth and slay……..

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Sixpack
Well…. I bought the same scope, put it on my Model 70 Featherweight in 308, mounted in Leupy Dual Dovetails, lapped the rings, and had almost the exact same results…it took me 4 rounds to get zeroed!😂

Glass is awesome, tracking wonderful, reticle is useful, and the dot is better than I ever thought it would be! Also shot my best 3 round group at 100 yards with this rifle! I’m veddy impressed

I love mine. How do you find the eye relief?

Last edited by pabucktail; 12/18/22.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Point was: you can’t cut the tritium off, and your description implied that you couldn’t see the dot in the dark/before the fiber optic had enough light to work….but maybe I just misread that?…..

That was all. Thanks for clarifying.

The 1-4 is a good, fast GP medium range scope, for me. IF you need better resolution right at legal, for sticks and limbs etc, you need more objective…..but I haven’t noticed much better until I get to 42-56mm stuff, save for a few select things I’ve tried….like the Zeiss 1.8-5.5x36….which has a size/weight penalty, and the discontinued Razor LHs in 1.5-8 and 2-10. FWIW, the 5.5 on the Zeiss seems like 6-8x on some other stuff….but I haven’t seen anyone test that theory and I haven’t hunted all of those as much as the Trijicon 1-4.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/18/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Credo HX 2.5-10x56, and it’s a bit more than I care to tote around for deer, 25oz, as compared to 13 for the 3-9 Accupoint, not to mention the considerable bulk.

Maybe when I get old (!) and hunt close to my truck…….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by Sixpack

I love mine. How do you find the eye relief?

Actually just as you said! It is a nonissue! Eyebox is good so I set scope on 4x and adjusted position to that power. Really scope is pretty will centered in rings!

Thanks for your review! You put me on a winner me thinks!!

Last edited by Sixpack; 12/18/22.
J
JD7 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I suspect the only problem with the accupoints is they are just out of the price range for most hunters/shooters. I own three now and am almost to the point where I don’t want anything else. Good, clear, light gathering glass. Rugged build. They are fast for up close and precise for farther distances. The reticle illumination requires no batteries or adjustment it is always a perfect match for the ambient light whether it be high noon or a full moon night, just shoulder and shoot. One of the best hunting scopes ever made if you ask me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JD7
I suspect the only problem with the accupoints is they are just out of the price range for most hunters/shooters. I own three now and am almost to the point where I don’t want anything else. Good, clear, light gathering glass. Rugged build. They are fast for up close and precise for farther distances. The reticle illumination requires no batteries or adjustment it is always a perfect match for the ambient light whether it be high noon or a full moon night, just shoulder and shoot. One of the best hunting scopes ever made if you ask me

I've got two myself, and I often wonder why I don't have more of them. I have quite a few Zeiss Conquests and Leupold VX-3s and I must say the Accupoint out-classes them both.

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a green mildot 3-9 on the way. I'm starting to be hesitant now that this scope many multiply and displace some others. It is on the border of too $$$ for my tastes, but I'm to the point where I want perfect rifle set ups over adequate and have been down sizing to do so.

I still love my M8 4x and SWFA's, but the later tend to make a carrying rifle a little top heavy
, and those big windage knobs could be eliminated.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djb
I have a green mildot 3-9 on the way. I'm starting to be hesitant now that this scope many multiply and displace some others. It is on the border of too $$$ for my tastes, but I'm to the point where I want perfect rifle set ups over adequate and have been down sizing to do so.

I still love my M8 4x and SWFA's, but the later tend to make a carrying rifle a little top heavy
, and those big windage knobs could be eliminated.

This point and JD7s point on cost were my hang ups also. Before this, $500 was my budget and I have killed a lot of game inside of that budget, sometimes much less. But I also downsized and wanted very specific, as close to ideal setups for my main rifles. I’ve got one down and two to go for my main three. A duplex green dot 3-9x40 will follow after hunting season, then I’ll be down to one more.

My other rifles, I’m very happy with Burris FFII, SWFA, and conquests. But these three, will be where I want them soon. So in short, I totally agree with everything you said. It mirrors where I am also!

Its an expensive hobby….

Last edited by Sixpack; 12/19/22.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 69sportfury, 14 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,537
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.