Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for posting this. He was a hero.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fine tribute to a true American hero.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
May he RIP in eternity in the loving arms of our Lord.

The MEN of the 442nd are in every way the personification of heroes and exemplify REAL American patriotism.

They had very good reason to be of a different mind but their honor and commitment to cause was of greater importance to them and they IMMEDIATELY made their invaluable contributions evident. I get goosebumps when I read or watch their exploits….those men to me represent the very best this country has to offer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That man was a real hero. May he rest in peace.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
God Bless the Great Warrior!

Rest in peace SSgt Hiroshi Myamura.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
True Hero. May he Rest in Peace.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
RIP, fine Sir and thanks for your amazing service to our Nation.

He was highlighted in an episide on the Netflix series Medal of Honor. It's a great series that I highly recommend everyone watches.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dad was also in the 2nd battalion/7th infantry. I remember him mentioning the Chinese mass attacks but other than that, he didn't have much to say about it.

Must have been hell on earth.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
God bless and keep our warriors.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the story Leighton.

Godspeed "Hershey "

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
May he RIP in eternity in the loving arms of our Lord.

The MEN of the 442nd are in every way the personification of heroes and exemplify REAL American patriotism.

They had very good reason to be of a different mind but their honor and commitment to cause was of greater importance to them and they IMMEDIATELY made their invaluable contributions evident. I get goosebumps when I read or watch their exploits….those men to me represent the very best this country has to offer.

It warms my heart to read that some of the sacrifices of some Americans haven't been forgotten, Aces. Hontouni domo arigato gazaimasu. I have a number of artifacts from that era relating to the 'camps' and the men who, in modern nomenclature, basically said, 'f*ck it, I'm all in', despite what their families, Americans all, had been subjected to.

I'll see about getting some relevant stuff up on this post. My late aunt Aya, born in '21 in Santa Barbara, CA, was promised to a young man who volunteered for the 442nd from the Gila River camp in AZ. He was KIA in Italy in October of '44. I have his 442 patch in my study. Go for broke!

What you wrote rings so true in my heart of hearts. True American patriots aren't born as such; they're made.

Thanks to all for posting.

DD, I confess to having a giggle reading about Mr. M and his thoughts on having Willie Pete dropped on his position. It reminded me of you and some of your exploits in the Land of All Bad Things. I'm guessing here, but when that happens, especially when coming from your own team, it's thinking it's pretty much time to, like, bounce.

Risking everything, including your very bacon, for a bunch of Texans and the red, white and blue? Damn straight. America? F*ck yeah!

Thanks to the lads who've posted and especially to those who've served. E pluribus unum, baby.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Kamo, Their sacrifice and dedication is most definitely NOT forgotten here. In fact a couple of weeks ago I was having a conversation with my 16 year old daughter about WWII and I had brought up the 442nd to her. I’ve been a student of history for as far back as I can remember and while I’ve never had “favorites” of anything WWII related because I never wanted to diminish the contributions of everyone that endured the privations of that war but the more and more that I read I couldn’t help but have a favorite battalion. My only “favorite” thing in WWII isn’t the BAR it’s the 442nd!

To have a patch from a man from that served in that battalion would be one of my most cherished possessions as I’m sure it’s one of yours.

I’ve been struck by the humility of these extraordinary men and I’ve seen some “recent” interviews of them now in their twilight years and the lives they went on to live belied the incredible life they once led. A school bus driver, a flower shop owner a school teacher a California DOT worker, etc. You would never know that you were in the presence of greatness if you didn’t know their history.

Thanks for the thread. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What an amazing example of humble greatness. God bless his memory to us all.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miyamura Blvd is prominently labelled as such on one of the overpasses across I-40 in Gallup, NM

Hiroshi was very much honored and respected in Gallup, a tough railroad, coal mining town, turned uranium mining town, positioned on rte 66 between two indian reservations.

Keep an eye out for his overpass, if you ever "motor west".

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for posting Leighton.

I always stand in awe of men like this... and yet they also always seem to be such humble people..

Wish our nation gave them the respect that they really deserve.

I remember when I lived in Minnesota, I saw an old man, that had a license plate that he was a Medal of Honor Winner.

I said something to him, and his response was " Go away, and leave me alone"..

I asked him if I had done something to offend him, to which he replied that he was sick and tired of people harassing him for winning "that Damned Medal", calling him a warmonger etc. ( Friggin Liberals).

I told him I have nothing but respect for him and wanted to acknowledge his service to our nation, that I was a veteran, and my dad was a career military officer, and my family was full of many people that had served this country. Then I saluted him. He just stood and looked at me, and all he had in his eyes were tears... he gave me a very quite "thank you" Shook my hand an got in his car and drove away.

My thoughts were sadden, to think a man put his life on the line, as a young man to save the lives of others, and he managed to survive, and then in today's world people criticize him for winning that medal. This was back in the 80s.

What kind of world do we live in now, that our heroes are harassed and criticized for putting their lives on the line in times of combat. Usually resulting the saving of other Americans lives.

Rest in peace S/Sgt Miyamura, and thank you for your service to our nation....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the honor of meeting Mr. Miyamura at a Veteran's day event in NM and have been across his namesake overpass many times. RIP great soldier.

Many years ago I also enjoyed meeting a fine Japanese American family that had a very successful nursery business along Baseline in Phoenix and remember their having told me about older members of their family having been interred at the Gila River camp. When we lived up in Parker we often saw the still existent buildings of the internment camp down near Poston, AZ and those later became the site of a Job Corps operation in the 1960s.

Thanks for posting this account Leighton.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
RIP sir

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP American Soldier, you did well!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Race really has no meaning when it comes to having a set of balls looking out for your buds.
That's when character shines.

RIP Soldier.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,985 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.