Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
This is an absolutely RIGHT ON article by Victor Davis Hanson. Pointing out the sad realities that are occurring today.

LINK: https://townhall.com/columnists/vic...y-wanted-to-destroy-the-us-then-n2616602

I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Until the corrupt officials are gone, this is what will continue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Keystone pipeline was going to move tar sand bitumen, a very dirt crude product that requires more extensive refining than common crude product. Once refined at a higher cost and with a greater potential for a negative environmental impact it was going to be exported out of the U.S., not added to the domestic supply. IOW, the Keystone Pipeline would add nothing of value to the U.S. market.

I would support the Keystone Pipeline if the tar sand was refined in Canada and only refined product flowed through it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right on, indeed. I've been saying for years now that this nation has become too fat, dumb, and happy. The "dumbing down" of America has been going on for over 5 decades now and is coming to fruition. Or as I often say; "Welcome To The Great Society".

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The Keystone pipeline was going to move tar sand bitumen, a very dirt crude product that requires more extensive refining than common crude product. Once refined at a higher cost and with a greater potential for a negative environmental impact it was going to be exported out of the U.S., not added to the domestic supply. IOW, the Keystone Pipeline would add nothing of value to the U.S. market.

I would support the Keystone Pipeline if the tar sand was refined in Canada and only refined product flowed through it.

Well adding that oil into the world market is still going to affect prices everywhere. No matter how you look at it the left is nuts. They are anti any sort of pipeline. It would be nice if the Canadians refined it, sure as heck would be more efficient.

I think the odds of Trudeau giving any sort of permit needed are less than slim, it would never happen. No Canadian refinery.

Last edited by rickt300; 12/01/22.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
This is an absolutely RIGHT ON article by Victor Davis Hanson. Pointing out the sad realities that are occurring today.

LINK: https://townhall.com/columnists/vic...y-wanted-to-destroy-the-us-then-n2616602

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Victor Davis Hanson is pretty smart.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rickt300

Well adding that oil into the world market is still going to affect prices everywhere. No matter how you look at it the left is nuts. They are anti any sort of pipeline. It would be nice if the Canadians refined it, sure as heck would be more efficient.

I think the odds of Trudeau giving any sort of permit needed are less than slim, it would never happen. No Canadian refinery.

The Keystone Pipeline seems to mostly benefit Canada and only microscopically benefit the U.S. Wouldn't U.S. refinery capacity be better used to refine higher grade U.S. crude that would be consumed domesticlly?

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
If You Really Wanted To Destroy The U.S.

you'd have sheit for brains cops invoking illegal policies for decades,

and when they can retire,

they move 1000+ miles away,

to get away from the policies that they enforced.

That's Americanism to ZOGbots!

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M

The Keystone Pipeline system has been moving oil from Alberta to U.S. refineries more-or-less continuously since 2010.

The Keystone XL was a much smaller "shortcut" pipeline to be added to the already existing Keystone system, which would pass through eastern Montana and Nebraska. In eastern Montana the "dirty" Alberta oil would be blended with "sweeter" oil from the Bakken oilfield, making it much easier to refine into cleaner fuel.

There was a BUNCH of resistance to the Keystone XL, due to it passing through the Nebraska Sandhills, which are above the Niobrara Aquifer, which produces a LOT of grain for the U.S. If the XL pipeline leaked it would cause major problems.

But the XL would be only a minor part of the Keystone pipeline system--which wouldn't affect the world price of oil more than (maybe) a few cents.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300

The Keystone Pipeline seems to mostly benefit Canada and only microscopically benefit the U.S. Wouldn't U.S. refinery capacity be better used to refine higher grade U.S. crude that would be consumed domesticlly?
How about both? It doesn’t need to be one or the other if we had a stable and coherent longterm energy plan. I trust Canada as a reliable business partner and a country to do the right things environmentally over the Middle East.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

No, that oil is STILL being moved. It’s moved by rail and trucks all owned by Warren Buffet who pays politicians to fix things in his favor; especially Democrats. It’s a lot more expensive and certainly a lot greater risk to the environment to do it that way. Look up Megantic QC for an example of why a pipeline is far safer.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The Keystone Pipeline system has been moving oil from Alberta to U.S. refineries more-or-less continuously since 2010.

The Keystone XL was a much smaller "shortcut" pipeline to be added to the already existing Keystone system, which would pass through eastern Montana and Nebraska. In eastern Montana the "dirty" Alberta oil would be blended with "sweeter" oil from the Bakken oilfield, making it much easier to refine into cleaner fuel.

There was a BUNCH of resistance to the Keystone XL, due to it passing through the Nebraska Sandhills, which are above the Niobrara Aquifer, which produces a LOT of grain for the U.S. If the XL pipeline leaked it would cause major problems.

But the XL would be only a minor part of the Keystone pipeline system--which wouldn't affect the world price of oil more than (maybe) a few cents.

It's the Ogallala aquifer, Keystone XL would likely have been built had Trans Canada chosen a different route and went around the aquifer instead of through it.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Keystone was going to provide an on ramp for Bakken Sweet Crude to start flowing. Harping about dirty Canada crude and opposing Keystone just plays into the libtard tree hugger green new deal idiot mentality,

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

No, that oil is STILL being moved. It’s moved by rail and trucks all owned by Warren Buffet who pays politicians to fix things in his favor; especially Democrats. It’s a lot more expensive and certainly a lot greater risk to the environment to do it that way. Look up Megantic QC for an example of why a pipeline is far safer.

The Megantic QC disaster was due to a series of errors made by the railroad that was hauling the tank cars. The train derailed because it had been improperly parked for the night and got underway without any crew on board. It seems unlikely that a Class A railroad like BNSF would duplicate that scenario. I'm sure that it is more expensive to move unrefined product by rail and equally sure that when Warren Buffet speaks people listen to him and are likely to try and please him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GAGoober

Keystone was going to provide an on ramp for Bakken Sweet Crude to start flowing. Harping about dirty Canada crude and opposing Keystone just plays into the libtard tree hugger green new deal idiot mentality,

Look at the map of the Keystone XL pipeline. A pipeline could be built from western ND entirely within ND to intersect with the existing Keysone pipeline. It would be much shorter and would avoid crossing SD and NE a second time.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Victor Davis Hanson is pretty smart.

Always a good read from him.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It is a good article and spot on. The pipeline is only a small part of our crisis. Their aim is to destroy America as it was founded and they’re getting away with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Off topic, but in answer to the title.

I would,
incentivise people to be parasites.

Destroy, pride in the nation.

Instigate conflict between races, economic levels, police and citizens...

Destroy traditional moral values. Both social and personal.

Create turbulence in the economy. Instability in markets, inflation, food/fuel supplies. The supply chain in general.

Create policies to take as much self sufficiency as possible out of the
peoples hands. Create situations where the government is where they
turn for needed things. Make them see the government as "Father".
Creating a situation where working people are sucking the teat just
like the parasites.

Push government control as far as possible. Force shut downs of everything from churches to bars, employers to theme parks.

Destroy schools. The teaching of real history. Teach a false history designed to bend the minds of children to accept the coming changes
You wish to inflict.

As you cause inflation(deflating monetary value) create a desire to destroy
"Real/fiat" currency in exchange for a central digital one. Immediately taking away the power people can have in private transactions. Taking away the freedom of having money on hand.

Just a few, randomly thought up.
They would be a fantastic start.

Gotta add,

Put totally incompetent mentally challenged people in key position leading critical departments.

Infect the military with as many freak groups and unstable people as possible.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Off topic, but in answer to the title.

I would,
incentivise people to be parasites.

Destroy, pride in the nation.

Instigate conflict between races, economic levels, police and citizens...

Destroy traditional moral values. Both social and personal.

Create turbulence in the economy. Instability in markets, inflation, food/fuel supplies. The supply chain in general.

Create policies to take as much self sufficiency as possible out of the
peoples hands. Create situations where the government is where they
turn for needed things. Make them see the government as "Father".
Creating a situation where working people are sucking the teat just
like the parasites.

Push government control as far as possible. Force shut downs of everything from churches to bars, employers to theme parks.

Destroy schools. The teaching of real history. Teach a false history designed to bend the minds of children to accept the coming changes
You wish to inflict.

As you cause inflation(deflating monetary value) create a desire to destroy
"Real/fiat" currency in exchange for a central digital one. Immediately taking away the power people can have in private transactions. Taking away the freedom of having money on hand.

Just a few, randomly thought up.
They would be a fantastic start.

Gotta add,

Put totally incompetent mentally challenged people in key position leading critical departments.

Infect the military with as many freak groups and unstable people as possible.
Well said.

Obviously the people making the decisions are not stupid but most of our puppet politicians that they buy are stupid and self serving.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Coming from LBJ the most corrupt, murderous politician there ever was you expected anything good to result from the "Great Society" ? How foolish of you !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.