Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
257 Bob[Linked Image]

This is my long time in process Bob build. Details.
Shilen match #2 contour barrel 4140
Yugo 48 action
Bolt handle sawn off and Model 70 handle tigged on with proper jig.
Color case hardened two position Model 70 style safety
Brown Precision Poundr' stock. It's actually a 98 Mauser as Brown doesn't make Yugo 48 stocks. After talking with Brown decided to still use the poundr' and modify it. I have a poundr' on my 06 and it's just a great fit for me.
Weaver bases and Warne QD rings
Leupold M8 4X
Bold trigger.
Recoil pad TBD..

ETA those two boxes of ammo came from a friend who had them on a shelf for a LONG time. Factory 117gr. Power points +P.

Now to get off my backside and have it completed before next season.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 12/03/22.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like fun.
I did one a decade or so ago. Had a K98 my dad brought home from WWII. He had begun to sporterize it with a walnut stock but never got it shooting. I got an Adams and Bennet barrel, Boyds stock, trigger and 3 pos safety and had Norm Bridge put ti together for me (probably the last one he ever did).
Made a nice rifle.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nice rifle Blacktailer!

IMHO for shootability, performance on game up to and including Elk. With the right projectile of course. Ol' Bobs hard to beat when loaded to its full potential.

" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
I have a Mexican Mauser on my desk that is begging for a 'Bob build. I think it would be just the right size. Anyone with experience with those actions?

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kilroy
I have a Mexican Mauser on my desk that is begging for a 'Bob build. I think it would be just the right size. Anyone with experience with those actions?

Not I, maybe Mule Deer on here knows something about them. He is mostly in the "Ask the Gunwriters" forum.

NRA Life, GOA
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i own 7 - 257 Roberts 2 0f them are rebuilds with new Brux barrels 8 twist rifling i feel the 8 twist is the better twist for a 257 Roberts with todays bullets. enjoy your build looks like fun,Pete53 P.S. i got the itch to build another 257 Roberts in a RUGER # 1.

Last edited by pete53; 12/03/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Looks like fun.
I did one a decade or so ago. Had a K98 my dad brought home from WWII. He had begun to sporterize it with a walnut stock but never got it shooting. I got an Adams and Bennet barrel, Boyds stock, trigger and 3 pos safety and had Norm Bridge put ti together for me (probably the last one he ever did).
Made a nice rifle.

Beautiful rifle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a lot of fhuqking around and pissing up ropes,to yield a VERY Tender Rifle,that can't even begin to hang with a 243 Kreedmire. Thanks for the laughs! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
That's a lot of fhuqking around and pissing up ropes,to yield a VERY Tender Rifle,that can't even begin to hang with a 243 Kreedmire. Thanks for the laughs! Hint.

And none of us care.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a fhuqking HILARIOUS "Magical" transformation,when simplistic Mechanical Facts overwhelm a CLUELESS Drooler and they become a "we" or an "us",knowing full well that they are in wellllll over their pointy head. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Pardon Facts,ladies,if only to your never ending chagrin. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for trying though.

Perhaps mention aloud yet gain,that you "don't care",if only for prosperity. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Imagine having such an extreme Little Man's Complex (because of being such a little man) that the only way you can feel big is by abusing people on an internet forum.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

I've only got (1) rifle which started as Bob,went Better Bob and was set back a smidge to 25-284(all on the same spout),so pardon my simply shooting it all,as you wax eloquent on your Professional Victim status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Crying Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Imagine having such an extreme Little Man's Complex (because of being such a little man) that the only way you can feel big is by abusing people on an internet forum.

Or imagine caring what anyone else builds or shoots. 257 Bob for the win. Whatever cartridge you want to shoot, for the win.

Hint.

Laughing 😆

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queere Man,

You Drooling Fhuqktards be sure to muse your Estrogen laced Emotions and I'll stick with Mechanics,though it sails over your pointy head...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you fill out your next Hurt Feelers Report. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kilroy

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Tell us another story about how the bullets matter more than head stamps. And BC is what matters. Nobody cares anymore.

Hold the 6mm Creedmoor and give me a 270 Win.

Hint.

Laughin! 😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queere Man,

I'm VERY "surprised" that you feel compelled to reiterate,that you feverishly read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I reckon it plum disconcerting for a Melting Snowflake such as yourself,to realize that Facts aren't "subjective". Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

There are some 270 Win's,which prosper as fair to middlin' Donors for The Good Stuff,yet they are few and far. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you fill out your next Hurt Feelers Report. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Just for the record, I really don't care what you think. I'm sure most on here feel the same way.

It's my money, it's my time, and it's what I want to build. When you start paying my bills and buying my components, I might consider what you think, but at the present time you do neither so your input means nothing to me as it was certainly not requested.

I could really tear into you, but I won't stoop to your level of basic human decency, of which you have none, as evidenced by every post you make. There's a reason you live out in the woods by yourself. Think about it and grab that bottle again and keep trying to fill that void in your life by picking fights on the internet with strangers.

Meanwhile my wife, our son, and myself are packing gear for our upcoming bear hunt next week.

PS: My wifes killed a bigger deer than you.....with a Bob.

Oh and my son killed a nice blackie in Canada a few years back.......with a Bob.

Oh and my boats bigger than yours too.

NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CryWeight,

You be sure to "justify" your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,in the manner which soothes you "best",as you Whine aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's little "danger" of you assembling the pictured pile of schit,you are trying to fhuqking swoon,but the notion is enough to be fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Pardon Facts upsetting you so,as you set mired in your Bumbling Brokedicktitude. Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS do best by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

You are doing fhuqking "GREAT!",so be sure to "tell" me more,as you Hissy your Fit and fill out more Hurt Feeler Reports,while "flaunting" your Professional Victim status. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,you Magnificent Crying Kchunt.

Hint.

As an aside,maybe mention you "don't care",for MAXIMUM Oblivious Humor! Hint.

Don't "forget" the punctuation either. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Lol!

Tell us the story about the ballistics chart again.

And the boolits.

Papi Stick, one more time, please.

Hint

Re-Hint

Chuckle-Chuckle

👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.