D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Worth watching:

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're a well thunked Skookum platform,that make sense from stem to stern. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They're a well thunked Skookum platform,that make sense from stem to stern. Hint..............

What I was hoping to hear.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only fair to dangle slack on the rope and let The Paper Hat Brigade do their best,with copious Imagination and Pretend,coupled with Hurt Feeler Reports. Wares that exist,do reliably get their tears of jealous angst flowing and their Insecurities accrue hilariously...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You took long enough to chum. I am going to jump on a 7PRC when available. Hope components become readily available.

To those that actually contributed, thanks. Geesh.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 180 ELD at projected 7 PRC velocity,is a fhuqking monster. It'll garner support,simply because it connects mechanical defaults,like no other. Hint.

If/when I can find brass,I'll dabble same in a POS Goat Fhuqk Pre-64 70,that was formerly a 338 Win Mag,if only for R&D giggles. Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the intel on the Element.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Element thunking and fit/finish,are surprisingly Skookum,given the modest asking price. Hint.

Schit fits,as it should and the bedding is rather nice,both mechanically and eye fhuqktitude. Action fastener lngth was scrutinized and tuned in perfect accords. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Triggers tweak easily and have the latitude to make me happy. I'm trigger picky. Hint.

I like that the bolt "knob",is integral to the whole stem and is seriously affixed. Hint.

The receiver boasts lotsa concentric/flat surface area and the recoil lug isn't going anywhere. Hint.

Feed/function is fhuqking money,which is of course an AICS propensity. The integral 20 MOA rail don't suck and all mechanics play nicely together. Hint.................

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Is there any reason a fella would want a Havak over a Waypoint?

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While the blueprints are of a like Theme,the Havak is 1.5-pounds lighter. Ergo's are subjective. Pards and I have had (4) Waypoints on order(S/S,fixed Sixes),for quite some time now(6 months+). We'll see how it sorts out. Hint.............

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My brother has a carbon waypoint. It’s a peach. I wouldn’t get a car on one because I’ll chop and thread. For 2 grand the waypoint is a dandy from what I’ve seen I would just want the steel barrel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
S/S spout,or Bust for me. Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For what it's worth, the way point has a 3/4" MOA guarantee. The Seekins guarantees that you will be happy with the rifle in all regards. If not, tell them what the problem is (accuracy, etc) and they will tear down the rifle and make it right even if it means replacing said rifle. That kind of customer service has made up my mind.

Note to self: do not ask Big Stick any questions at the risk of pissin off folks. LMAO. Almost 9K views. TFF

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't be too hard on the gals,as they "live" vicariously and extoll countless VERY well founded Insecurities and Whine aloud. Hint.

The HAVAKS fhuqking shoot! Hint..............

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
While the blueprints are of a like Theme,the Havak is 1.5-pounds lighter. Ergo's are subjective. Pards and I have had (4) Waypoints on order(S/S,fixed Sixes),for quite some time now(6 months+). We'll see how it sorts out. Hint.............

What caliber waypoint?

LGS has 6.5cm and there is a lot to be liked.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I see a stainless 6.5 waypoint for around $1600. Tempting…

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Same as the one LGS has listed at. It’s a lot of rifle for the money.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want the Seex Kreed in Waypoint and am contemplating grabbing an Element chambered same. If I recall correctly,I have a minimum of (5) each 224,Seex and 264 Kreeds. They run the gamut. Hint...............

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
Is there any reason a fella would want a Havak over a Waypoint?

I've not handled a Waypoint so I can't speak good or bad on them.

If someone is looking for a 6.5 PRC, then the Havak would be the best best due to the OAL Seekins mags allow. For the PRC it's a Seekins made mag, so it's not AICS....proprietary isn't my first choice on most things but it's a bonus for the PRC.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a big Seekins fan overall but sent a Havak back for rework.

I bought an Element last fall 2021. This rifle had an obviously crooked chamber, and some minor QC issues. I heard about known QC issues with some rifles in 2019/2020 but figured that those problems were resolved.

All that stated, I have zero complaints on the customer service. They made it right. The QC/QA team met my expectations and then some.

Funny thing is, I still haven't fired the dang rifle yet! The test groups from Seekins are basically one hole, so I don't have much concern at this point. Just have too many other projects going.

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/03/22.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.