Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me. For thinking there should be more police presence in inner city black neighborhoods to protect the residents there, I am called a racist. Come on, really? For saying that minors should not be physically mutilated, given hormone blockers, etc. I'm called anti-trans or some such B.S. Once again, come on, really? For being pro-life because to me, hearing of a baby in the womb being killed crushes my soul, personally, I am called anti-woman. Really?

So, I reiterate the question, what is the issue or are the issues for you, that take you over the top when you decide to vote for Democrats over Republicans? I am truly interested. There has got to be something more important to you than all of that. Ignore those who are going to jump into this conversation whose positions will be the ever intelligent "you're a commie [bleep]" and "you're a [bleep] KcHunt". I know you can ignore them because some of you regularly start threads just seeking to poke the tiger so you can giggle at your ability to elicit such responses. Rather than poking the tiger, what is it? Thanks in advance.

BS,

You asked a great question, but I suspect that most here who ask such questions are not seeking answers but an audience for their complaints. If you fall in that later category I can't help you. If you actually with to understand the liberal mind, to mentally arm yourself to better defend our nation, I'll provide you some resources, but let me warn you, they may take you to uncomfortable places.

I'm not a Democrat, but I do understand the left, and what makes them tick, better than most of them understand themselves. In order to truly understand the differences you must take a trip through moral and evolutionary psychology. For the long version, I suggest Johnathan Haidt's "The Righteous Mind", Why good people are divided by politics and religion. The Righteous Mind

According to Haidt, there's 5 primary pillars to our moral psychology. Harm/Care, Fairness/reciprocity, Authority/Respect, Ingroup/Loyalty, and Purity/Sanctity.

When we chart this moral matrix across political divisions we learn the left effectively has a 2 channel moral matrix, while the right has a 5 channel moral matrix:

[Linked Image from vialogue.files.wordpress.com]

The first thing you should have notice is liberal are all about Harm and care (if it saves just one child), and "Fairness". The left and right more or less agree on the morality of preventing harm, but after that everything breaks down. For liberals, the second most important by a wide margin in Fairness, and for the right it's a three way tie for everything else except Fairness, which is where the right scores the lowest.

Here's a video hitting the high points of his theory:

Please watch the video and share some of your comments, then we can add some additional layers to the onion, this is a very deep rabbit hole.

Interesting but out dated. We are more classically liberal than the leftist scum posing as democrats. That group could care less about fair or harm unless it somehow pushes their narrative. They also are far more into authority than we are. It is just they want total control/dictatorship. Not sure exactly what "ingroup" is but it sure sounds like groupthink and the left is 100% Borg.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thank you for a well thought out question.

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.

I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Why did you leave out Sexual Preference..

Unicorn..

Last edited by akrange; 12/03/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You're either incredibly naive sir or you are one master instigator! LOL

If he gets some Dem to respond that would make him a "Master Baiter".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Abortion is not a legitimate reason to throw the nation into chaos, open the borders, force vaccinations. Any blithering idiot that can't see why some consider abortion a crime against nature is correctly labeled. Why you would embrace something as corrupt as the Biden administration over Abortion is impossible for anyone with critical thinking skills to imagine.

Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.

This is why you are considered a complete idiot among people who actually are able to grasp reality. Republicans are not in opposition to green energy they just logically see it can not fulfill our needs. Neither wind or solar is environmentally friendly either. As for climate change sure the climate changes it always has. We have only been keeping a scientific eye on the weather for less than 200 years. And there have been many droughts, think dust bowl days. The utter idiocy of climate change cultists is that they seem to think C02 is the boogie man when it is one of the most beneficial gases in nature. There are several other ironies, such as it takes more than 700 acres of solar panels to match one very small power plant that is run on natural gas. 700 acres where nothing lives not even ants. Wind generators are also not good for the environment and look how many they put up! Right in front of your eyes and you can't see or grasp the reality of it.

I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good

Change our minds? We sit her in awe as you absolute jackasses embrace a totalitarian dictatorship simply because your heads are soooo far up your asses. No in actuality to us we don't care what you think because we really don't think you are capable of deep thought of any sort.

Last edited by rickt300; 12/03/22.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
There are only two reasons to be a liberal:

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff

There are No Liberal’s …

There are only Maoist, Marxist and their Sympathizers .

Your either trying to be a Rainbow with the use of the word Liberal or you don’t see the Grave Danger these Malcontents pose to You and this Country ..

Liberal’s is a term for Libertarians and they never exhibited in their Political Thought any of the Malignant Maoist/ Marxist Behavior towards the Constitution or Social Order in this Country ..

Smelling Salts Please..

You Not Dealing with Liberal’s ..

You Dealing with the Devil ..

And Yes He owns many that you Shake Hands With ..

Monkey Left the Oven Door Open

^^^^ This

You are dealing with demonically possessed individuals. It's that simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anti Religion
Anti Trump
Supports Ukraine
Supports Covid Mandates
Supports Abortion
Supports LGBT
Supports Global Warming Lies
Supports the Biden Regime
Supports Gun Control

Ect, Ect, Ect.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr
I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body.

Does the the government have the right to require you to have a vaccine injection into your body, for what ever reason? Man or Woman?

.... like tears in the rain
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rickt300
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me. For thinking there should be more police presence in inner city black neighborhoods to protect the residents there, I am called a racist. Come on, really? For saying that minors should not be physically mutilated, given hormone blockers, etc. I'm called anti-trans or some such B.S. Once again, come on, really? For being pro-life because to me, hearing of a baby in the womb being killed crushes my soul, personally, I am called anti-woman. Really?

So, I reiterate the question, what is the issue or are the issues for you, that take you over the top when you decide to vote for Democrats over Republicans? I am truly interested. There has got to be something more important to you than all of that. Ignore those who are going to jump into this conversation whose positions will be the ever intelligent "you're a commie [bleep]" and "you're a [bleep] KcHunt". I know you can ignore them because some of you regularly start threads just seeking to poke the tiger so you can giggle at your ability to elicit such responses. Rather than poking the tiger, what is it? Thanks in advance.

BS,

You asked a great question, but I suspect that most here who ask such questions are not seeking answers but an audience for their complaints. If you fall in that later category I can't help you. If you actually with to understand the liberal mind, to mentally arm yourself to better defend our nation, I'll provide you some resources, but let me warn you, they may take you to uncomfortable places.

I'm not a Democrat, but I do understand the left, and what makes them tick, better than most of them understand themselves. In order to truly understand the differences you must take a trip through moral and evolutionary psychology. For the long version, I suggest Johnathan Haidt's "The Righteous Mind", Why good people are divided by politics and religion. The Righteous Mind

According to Haidt, there's 5 primary pillars to our moral psychology. Harm/Care, Fairness/reciprocity, Authority/Respect, Ingroup/Loyalty, and Purity/Sanctity.

When we chart this moral matrix across political divisions we learn the left effectively has a 2 channel moral matrix, while the right has a 5 channel moral matrix:

[Linked Image from vialogue.files.wordpress.com]

The first thing you should have notice is liberal are all about Harm and care (if it saves just one child), and "Fairness". The left and right more or less agree on the morality of preventing harm, but after that everything breaks down. For liberals, the second most important by a wide margin in Fairness, and for the right it's a three way tie for everything else except Fairness, which is where the right scores the lowest.

Here's a video hitting the high points of his theory:

Please watch the video and share some of your comments, then we can add some additional layers to the onion, this is a very deep rabbit hole.

Interesting but out dated. We are more classically liberal than the leftist scum posing as democrats. That group could care less about fair or harm unless it somehow pushes their narrative. They also are far more into authority than we are. It is just they want total control/dictatorship. Not sure exactly what "ingroup" is but it sure sounds like groupthink and the left is 100% Borg.

You are not wrong, but it's not that simple either. First let me answer your question about "ingroup" This category is more broadly considered ingroup and loyalty. That group could be your family, your community, your sports team, or your nation.

Next, lets dispense with the caricatures and deal with those on the left addresses by the OP, the average leftist voter who might wander onto the fire. Most of these people honestly believe they're acting in the best interests of society. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just that what they believe.

Remember the left sees the world in two axis, harm/care and "fairness", which is basically a materialist view of the world. In other words, the left see the world in terms of children and predators. Anyone who is not helpless or on the bottom of the heap is a predator and they must protect the children from the predators. If you, or your group, makes more money, you're a predator. If you own a gun, you're predator. If you believe in strong borders, you're a predator. In their minds, they "care" for the oppressed, so they must protect them from the predators even if that mean killing 10's of millions like Stalin and Mao.

The fatal flaw of the left is an excess of empathy. Here's how I describe it.

On a cold fall morning a mother with a newborn baby finds a rattlesnake in her back yard. It's so cold the poor snake stiff and can't move. The woman's so concerned for the poor snake she brings it inside and puts in in the crib with her newborn.

And that is the fatal flaw of the left. Yes, I know I mixed by metaphors, but you get the point. As life gets easier it's harder for the highly empathetic to find true victims so they continue to cater to smaller and smaller marginalized groups until they are putting vipers into the baby's crib.

As for your point about the new authoritarian/Borgian nature of the left, again, you're not wrong, it's just driven from a different place, their version of "purity". Below Haidt talks about this in the context of what's happening on your University campuses.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Also interesting. I see chaos in the future.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AS, I actually read that book several years ago and it is a very interesting read with some "helpful" insight. As to the video, I appreciate the link. The purpose of my post/thread is not to really "understand" our Democrat, liberal and even leftist members. It is to have them articulate their positions and, hopefully, defend them. For some reason they won't. I am open to the fact, since there really aren't that many on this forum, that they just haven't stumbled across this thread yet. As stated before, I know I am naive.

To those Democrats, liberals and leftists, in addition to my original interrogative, how far are you willing to let things go before your vote is used to say "enough is enough"?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hey sycamore! All the sudden you got nothing to say?

sycamore: ( pretends he doesn’t see the thread. )

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
AS, I actually read that book several years ago and it is a very interesting read with some "helpful" insight. As to the video, I appreciate the link. The purpose of my post/thread is not to really "understand" or Democrat, liberal and even leftist members. It is to have them articulate their positions and, hopefully, defend them. For some reason they won't. I am open to the fact, since there really aren't that many on this forum, that they just haven't stumbled across this thread yet. As stated before, I know I am naive.

To those Democrats, liberals and leftists, in addition to my original interrogative, how far are you willing to let things go before your vote is used to say "enough is enough"?

Glad to hear you've read it. It dropped a lot of pieces in place for me as well. A lot of people on the left would benefit from it as well.

Best of luck getting some non-troll responses from the left. Clearly articulating one's positions is hard work and I'm not sure they're up to it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well the one progressive socialist did articulate his position. He of course did not defend it, it is indefensible.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think for the most part you will find the liberal voter to be someone who has been so indoctrinated that they are incapable of original thought. They accept what they are taught from grade school through college. Whenever they turn on the TV they are indoctrinated into "left thinking", the same as with their favorite celebrities and artists. Their whole life revolves around others telling them how to think and feel.

I have said it hundreds of times but the only way to fix this nation is through education and pushing kid's minds to the absolute limit. Bring back patriotism in school curriculum. Etc etc etc

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

There is no end game for the left.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The democrats I know of are Democrats because their farther and grandfather were Democrats! Simple as that. Family history so to speak. They don't pay much attention to much else and seem to trust that their party will eventually chose a path that is beneficial to the country. AND the only source of truthful news is CNN! I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I registered as a Democrat in 1972 when I was 20 but have never voted for a Democrat for president. I consider myself pretty conservative even by 24HCF standards. In Louisiana before the open primary was instituted you would miss out as almost all the local and even state races were decided in the Democrat primary. I did vote for Mary Landrieu once and until she backstabbed us on Obamacare she had a pretty good record. I still occasionally vote for Democrats or independents in local elections and three times I voted Democrat in hopes of keeping Bobby Jindal out of the governor's office and proudly voted Democrat to keep the odious David Vitter out of the governor's office.

Trump would never have won without Democrat votes and for that matter Reagan or no other Republican would win Louisiana without registered Democrat votes.

White Democrats in this state routinely vote for Democrats. I've thought about joining the Republican party but they are so gutless I'll just stay here behind enemy lines.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?
How many times have we seen similar views here from people on the right?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?
How many times have we seen similar views here from people on the right?
I'll have to admit that I haven't noticed any on the right claiming there was only one source of truth!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (338reddog, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 34 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,245
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.