Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yessir, that's a bummer.

Sorry to hear this Mr. Rick Bin. I hope somehow this works out for you.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Only thing worse than a theif is a pedo. However, both deserve the same punishment.
Ohio provides an extra copy of your vehicle registration. One without address to be kept in the vehicle to avoid this exact issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry to hear this Rick

You aren't having a good run lately.

Better days ahead I'm sure.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Any On Star or anything in the Taco?
Also HD should have parking lot cameras.( if that means anything to PD)

Sux .

Last edited by rong; 12/04/22.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Damn that sucks. Hope they find the thieves that stole your stuff.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sorry for your losses,this completely sucks,and the "security cameras " at the big box stores completely suck too.Had a similar experience several yrs. ago.I guess they just cover the stores liability cause they dont do [bleep] for u and me.Hope ur pup returns and they catch the bastards and u get on a roll in 23.I Would head to the woods for the rest of the yr. and regroup.Or at least reload and spend some time in a blind in the home depot parking lot hunting these f#ucs. Good luck with the rest of this mess.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That sucks man...
That really sucks..

So you made a inadvertent mistake.
Don't blame it all on yourself, it's the scumball thief that did it.
Not you.

Posters have probably already said it.
HD parking lot camera footage???
More than likely the thief parked off site had a partner in that vehicle and the thief was walking the parking lot looking for a score.
Adjacent store or immediate area parking lots might have some footage of that drop off vehicle and be able to tie it in with camera stuff from your neighborhood???

More than likely like others have said.
The azzholes are gonna get away with it all and even if caught .
A slap on the wrist and let back onto the streets being that it is California...

Pretty fuuuuuuked situation all around man......

Last edited by renegade50; 12/04/22.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
You really need to get out of California ! Even if they catch the thieves they won’t face any real time. Civilization is collapsing in California. There’s much better places to live. Crime and taxes are ridiculous in California. Regulation makes the cost of living way higher than it should be. Hate the loss of the truck but more so the violation of your sense of safety.

I feel sympathetic to the guy. It's really some bold theft he became a victim of.

Wouldn't it be a little better if California would make an effort to clean up this crime a little? Yeah I know that thought opens Pandora's Box in more ways than one.

Everywhere I go I find California Refugees fleeing this problem. In my backyard (SE OH) Columbus, West Virginia, Maine, etc. Housing prices in Columbus surged due to Californian demand. So much so it's flushing Columbus buyers down here and locally prices have doubled. I've been outbid on real estate twice this year by Cali buyers clenching fists full of cash.

I guess you can say the crime, corruption and regulation/taxation in CA affects everyone.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear this Ric. Wishing you the best in the future.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn shame when a man can't go shopping with his wife a feel confident that they are and their possessions are safe! Hopefully the insurance will compensate you for your losses but you will still be out 2 deductibles. If they are ever caught and identified you could seek restitution the good ole boy way 😉

Don't be too hard on yourself, nothing can undo it. Look at it as a refresher to get back to basics.

Last edited by MPat70; 12/04/22.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That flat sucks.

Up in Tacoma, car thefts have hit an absurd level. Folks just kinda accept it. Crazy.

Good luck. Hope they vehicles get recovered quick.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty religious about locking up the car when I go and not leaving valuables in site, however I do have some stuff I'd hate to lose out of site in the car, like the pocket under the arm rest.

To that end, I never go into downtown of our closest major city primarily because of crime. I just don't want to have to deal with the lesser representatives of mankind which collect in large cities.

But I live in a small town in the suburbs, about 98% of which is decent people that mind their business with a very active police force, so I don't really feel compelled to lock stuff up , I just do out of habit. I still don't actively lock the front door of the house to run errands, but the wife is pretty diligent about reminding me.

Even here we aren't devoid of car thefts, an organized group from Cinci was targeting the burb towns.

Luckily our police were on it pretty early and shut them down. 2 teenagers, IIRC, died in a crash while fleeing police.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/04/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear that Ric. I admit, I'm not 100% on always locking myself, and while it's a low crime rural area, it's not a "NO" crime area here either. Hope they find the guy(s) early on!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sorry about that event, all the best with recovery.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope everything gets settled soon.

What are your plans for raising your security level?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tennessee requires us to keep registration in the vehicle. Just like never leaving a gun in the vehicle unattended, I guess I now need to figure out how to hide that and still satisfy the law.

Hate to hear this, I hate a thief.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nothing good can come from spending two hours in a Home Depot.

Ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by worriedman
Tennessee requires us to keep registration in the vehicle. Just like never leaving a gun in the vehicle unattended, I guess I now need to figure out how to hide that and still satisfy the law.

Hate to hear this, I hate a thief.

Oh that’s an easy one.

Don’t keep it in your vehicle. Everything they need is in the system when they run the tag. If they want to give you a ticket, take the ticket because the cop is a fugking ass hole and was gonna jam you up regardless.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
When I was a kid, my Mom would literally leave the keys in the station wagon in the driveway and our front door unlocked.

I still do that but I need to change it.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very sorry for what these parasites have done to you. As said many times above, try not to blame yourself, they're the ones who did it.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that the time that an honest person spends at work to make a living and provide for his family is the same time that these types get to lay around and scheme their little tricks.

Hopefully Karma will catch up with them.

Also, thanks for sharing, so that we can better prepare against the same types of tactics.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.