-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still trying to decide on Pence. He seems to be the polar opposite of Trump in demeanor . While Trump is egotistical, loud, arrogant, and divisive at times, Pence is more calculated, reserved, accommodating, and negotiable. I'm thinking that Pence has more of what is needed to get something done in DC than Trump these days and if it were between the two in the primaries I would probably have to go with Pence... However, I'm quite sure that isn't going to be the choice we will have to make in a year and a half. There are going to be a lot of people throwing their hat in the ring in the next 12 months or so and a few of them are going to be legitimate leaders without Trump's divisive baggage... Desantis comes immediately to mind to anyone who hasn't lived under a rock the last couple years, along with several others...

Give me a minute to get my Nomex underwear on...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
On Sunday June 28, 2020 Mike Pence spoke at First Baptist Church Dallas during their morning worship service. One America News broadcast the service live.

Pende forever lost me that morning because he changed scripture.

He spoke of 2 Chronicles 7:14 which says: “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

However, Pence omitted key portions of the scripture and changed the message of this verse.

This is what Pence read to the congregation: “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and
pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

He destroyed his credibility that day.

Those are significant changes and distorts the message of that scripture. His reason and intent are obvious. I was always undecided about Pence but after 2020 I decided I don't care for him.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The rule of law, works better. You simply can't count on civility. Of course, then you have to enforce the law equally.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MTGunner
“Our democracy depends on heavy doses of civility”.

Where is the civility in our society? MTG

Pence is a goldbriker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
in a democracy, if the majority wants your house, they take it. In a constitutional republic, you have rights to the preservation of yourself and your property that are safe from majority rule.

LOL
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The civility on our side is what’s gotten us in this mess. The communists went to scorched earth years ago, and we are still lined up fighting like the British.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“Our democracy depends on heavy doses of civility”.

Where is the civility in our society? MTG

has anyone ever seen a dhimmicrat/liberal/ commie bastard ever showing 'civility'? Liberals never compromise, never 'reach across the aisle', never cease their efforts to gut America.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike’s middle name is Richard. That’s a polite way to say Dick. So there you have it. Pence is a Dick.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some good responses on this thread. The guy is a total dickhead..

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The civility on our side is what’s gotten us in this mess. The communists went to scorched earth years ago, and we are still lined up fighting like the British.

Now you see. wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Mike’s middle name is Richard. That’s a polite way to say Dick. So there you have it. Pence is a Dick.

Like Cheney. Bofum.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
“Our democracy depends on heavy doses of LEAD”.
FIXT

I think he misspelled lead.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by efw
He is a boomer dumbass happy to sell MAGA down the river to sell a few books and run a losing campaign on behalf of other neocon losers in the Rep party

Being a boomer has nothing to do with it. He's simply a Rino willing to go along to get along. They come in all ages, sizes and colors.

Wake TF up.

Boomer isn’t just a designation of age/generation. All in the boomer generation aren’t boomers in the mindset sense of which I speak so don’t be defensive.

Boomer mindset fails to get with the program and recognize that “the way things used to be” with civility & politeness must be sacrificed… and that it largely was an illusion.

In that sense Greg you’re no boomer.

But yes, the fact he is a boomer has a lot to do with it.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
jaguartx, it may well come to this in the eventuality that civility does not reign. The liberal ilk know nothing of this and will scream at the top of their lungs to quiet us and our differing opinions. But....never telegraph a punch. I have found that a resounding “NO” works for me. I weigh the options and make an informed decision. No means NO! Stand your ground with civility and conviction. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pence is another phaggott politician that speaks in the politico speak measured cadence.
Tada tada tada, ta da tada ta then repeat.
He's even Gheyer than Romney if thats even possible . I wouldnt vote if it came down to that prick and whomever.

.... like tears in the rain
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by efw
He is a boomer dumbass happy to sell MAGA down the river to sell a few books and run a losing campaign on behalf of other neocon losers in the Rep party

......while playing the part of the righteous Christian salt of the earth type. He is as fake as a $3.50 bill and I can't stand him.

That’s become what I’ve concluded as well. I had hoped he was a good man but he proved what he really is.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from straightfromthea.com]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by efw

......while playing the part of the righteous Christian salt of the earth type. He is as fake as a $3.50 bill and I can't stand him.

That’s become what I’ve concluded as well. I had hoped he was a good man but he proved what he really is.

I am also very disappointed in what Pence has become. I was pretty optimistic about him after seething speak at the NRA Convention in Charlotte many years ago. It is very sad indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
We do not live in a democracy. Never have. We live in a republic which functions differently than a democracy. So his observation is moot

By design, we live in a republic but the fact of the matter is that abuse of the Tenth Amendment by perverting the intent of the "Commerce Clause" AND the direct election of US Senators has done much to transform this country into a democracy. IMO, these two key items should be prominent issues to be addressed.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
RINO. Not interested in a thing he has to say.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,161 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.