Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mark Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hiya guys,<P>I lake fish for trout a lot from a float tube and was interested in fishing more than one fly at once... esp. when I'm trying to pinpoint color,size, fly type... I was wondering if you guys could post some of your favorite combinations.. also what is the best way to rig the multiple flys... My main tactic is to slowly troll a lake until I find fish, then drop anchor and work the area with casts.. this seems to work fairly well, but I was thinking that a multiple fly rig would be more efficient...<P>I primarily fish mountain lakes in Utah and Nevada...<P>Thanks,<BR>Mark

GB1

M
Mark Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey guys,<P>It appears to me that this forum is dead so I've decided to move elsewhere...<P>Good luck to all,<BR>Mark

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mark: The post before yours was July 16'th and you leave in a day for lack of response? Oh well ....<P>If you find a active fly fishing forum post back or email me because i can't find one. The hunting forums seem active but the fishing ones seem to lack active participants? But then this is summer so maybe people are out fishing maybe ? Seems the fishing forums all get more typing action in the winter when you can't fish.<P>Good luck to you whereever you go ??<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
only place i ever used a two fly rig was in yellowstone lake. i used an x-caddis as a dry with a serendipity as a dropper. the dropper caught most of the fish and the x-caddis served as a strike indicator. i cast this mess ahead of cruising cutthroat and just let it set. it worked better in that lake than anything else i tried. and those fish are piiiiiiicccckkkkkyyyyyy! luck!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It seames that the 2nd hook would tangle in the line, I don't know though because I haven't tried it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AKGrayling
Let me show you next time we go fly fishing how great it works. Somehow I visualize the grayling getting upset because another bug is chasing the bug they might want and they let competition get in their way.

They go running in to grab the chaser fly most of the time. The dropper is just setting there acting like a decoy for fake and target alike.
pop

Last edited by Sitka deer; 07/05/05.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Try trolling a Mickey Finn with a small nymph dropper (copper john works well). Use lighter tippet on the dropper so you don't lose your rig if you get snagged. Good luck!

Last edited by comet; 07/06/05.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,338 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,291
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.