Ok…

What’s a Lordco?

That like a Menards??

What’s a “‘meenards”

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Warsh the French try grease off’n your hands!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I miss the old days too.

Engines lasted 100k and then shortly after you did a rebuild the transmission went out or the rest of the car was junk, rusted and falling down around itself.

Yeah you could get 200k out of some but that made headlines in the news.

True that reliability and durability of the main components has increased a lot compared to the 70s even 80s. Which is a good thing cause working on the new ones sux ass. lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Salty;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, good to see you posting again.

There are a few rigs which really defy logic when it comes to regular maintenance.

A former boss's wife drove a Mercedes SUV diesel which blew a tail light on the right side. After a quick look I found that there was some sort of onboard computer there in front of the taillight assembly which would have to be unplugged and removed to access the tail light attachment screws.

Not being born yesterday, even then Salty, I buttoned it back up, called a local shop in Penticton that works on Mercedes and asked if they would do it or did it have to go to the dealer in Kelowna to get the computer re-flashed?

They could, they did and the bill was just shy of $1300 for one tail light bulb...

My '03 Dodge headlights are a bit of a Red Cross process too, with and without gloves. Oh and don't do it when it's cold as the plastic just breaks so they say and I can totally see that.

Anyways sir, it's good to see you here at our cyber 'Fire once more.

All the best to you all as we head into the Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Internet is your friend.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hire a mechanic.

The American farmer….self reliant, ingenious, risk taker, fearless, not easily defeated by calamity….

but hires a mechanic to change a car headlight

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Warsh the French try grease off’n your hands!

Big old breakfast at a greasy spoon diner this morning with sausage and buttered up toast ya think that might have had something to do with it? haha
I've been told just the oil on your skin is enough to leave a smear on the bulb and blow it up once it heats up, I've been careful in the past. Not today i guess first time I've seen that the bulb blew up real good bit of a smoke show even. lol Of course I had it all back together at that point smirk

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I trust that other than our political contortions you're all well.

We're just back from a Costco run to Kelowna and so help me the entire town was there.

On the innerwebs thing, that surely helped me do the headlights on the Dodge, but on that wonderful Mercedes one needed the factory codes and whatever setup they had to reset the computer.

As well, I recall chatting with a body shop owner a few years back who said that every Range Rover he got in needed to be sent to the dealer in Vancouver on a flat deck because they refused to give out codes to reset the computers to anyone who wasn't a registered dealer. There was another company that did that too, forget now who.

But yah, ICBC eats the flat bed fee both ways because of that. If the airbag deployed or one of the sensors triggers the computers, it's on the back of the truck with it!!

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
14 Buick Encore, you disassembly the ENTIRE front end . I mean all of it to change the radiator.... 😡😡🤬🤬

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If disconnecting and reconnecting the battery doesn't do it, it's time for a new one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hire a mechanic.

The American farmer….self reliant, ingenious, risk taker, fearless, not easily defeated by calamity….

but hires a mechanic to change a car headlight

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Salty;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, good to see you posting again.

There are a few rigs which really defy logic when it comes to regular maintenance.

A former boss's wife drove a Mercedes SUV diesel which blew a tail light on the right side. After a quick look I found that there was some sort of onboard computer there in front of the taillight assembly which would have to be unplugged and removed to access the tail light attachment screws.

Not being born yesterday, even then Salty, I buttoned it back up, called a local shop in Penticton that works on Mercedes and asked if they would do it or did it have to go to the dealer in Kelowna to get the computer re-flashed?

They could, they did and the bill was just shy of $1300 for one tail light bulb...

My '03 Dodge headlights are a bit of a Red Cross process too, with and without gloves. Oh and don't do it when it's cold as the plastic just breaks so they say and I can totally see that.

Anyways sir, it's good to see you here at our cyber 'Fire once more.

All the best to you all as we head into the Christmas Season.

Dwayne

cheers Dwayne! Boy howdy you're braver than I am I would have taken one look at that emblem of German over engineering on that thing and wouldn't even try a quick look! Beautiful cars those Mercedes but the horror stories abound.

I did have one win today however. The heater was slow to come on in my Nissan Frontier I noticed in this cold snap. Had a look today and I was down a smidge on coolant. I had that little resevoir cap (steel I might add) off and it topped up. Then closed the lid. What a concept!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
... but on that wonderful Mercedes one needed the factory codes and whatever setup they had to reset the computer.

Dwayne

Yeah, but they charged $1300 just because they could.

Quite a few years back I was feeling lazy and told the wife to take the Honda to the dealership to troubleshoot some underhood noise. They said it was the AC and it would be at least $1200 to replace the compressor. Told her to bring it back home and diagnosed it myself. Ended up replacing the AC pulley bearing for about $35. Sure, there's labor involved, but a shop probably shouldn't charge more than $150 to $200 for it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Internet is your friend.

Yup. I'd probably give brain surgery a go if it was on YouTube. lol

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by JMUPT
Wife has a 2012 chrysler 200 and you have to remove the tire. Then 8 or so plastic gromets and a couple screws to remove the inside fender well cover to be able to access the housing. You then pretty much have too blindly twist a cap off of the housing to access the bulbs. Damn dog ran over and grabbed a mouth full of the plastic gromets and took off out through the yard. So I had to run the the auto parts store to get some more gromets. Can't wait to do the other side.

Dogs are awesome like that. About 10 years ago, my dad was hunting in another county, and i killed a nice buck and brought it to his shop to hang it and cut it up. On one trip out there, as i opened the door, his dog rushed in past me, grabbed the biggest hunk of fat id carved off, and took off horking it down on the run.
After i finished getting the deer cut up, i left the kawknballs hanging from his cross beam, so when he got home hed see i got a buck. Guess they fell off. When he opened the door to his shop, the dog pulled the same rroutine, rushed in, grabbed the package and took off eating it on therun as my dad chased him trying to take it away.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Salty303
Wife's 2018 Escape she rolls in with no low beams. No prob Lordco's only 4 blocks away. I'd sum the rest up about this way

Pros-
Didn't need any tools
No alignment issues no mo so I got that going for me

Cons-
My chubby meat hooks just barely fit into the corner to pop the cover and release the bulb assembly. I gave blood today
No hope of seeing in there so aligning the push and turn assembly takes 13 tries. See above-chubby meat hooks
I forgot how anal you have to be to not touch the halogen bulb. Blew one up for finger grease... back to Lordco
The coolant reservoir need to come out to get at passenger side, no tools, but thought for sure I was going to break plastic its cold out there.

I sure miss my 66 Chev

Salty ?

how the hell ya been ?

wanna see a pic of my new Landcruiser ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nowadays more and more new model vehicles do not come with a spare tire of any kind but instead come with a small 12 volt dc air compressor and a canister of one-time use 'tire sealant'. A temporary 'doughnut' spare tire/wheel/jack assembly is a optional add-on at extra cost now. So, if you happen to have a sidewall split or blowout, you're basically S-O-L and calling a tow truck...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2
Nowadays more and more new model vehicles do not come with a spare tire of any kind but instead come with a small 12 volt dc air compressor and a canister of one-time use 'tire sealant'. A temporary 'doughnut' spare tire/wheel/jack assembly is a optional add-on at extra cost now. So, if you happen to have a sidewall split or blowout, you're basically S-O-L and calling a tow truck...

Yep. Last Rental car I got after flying to Colorado had that Bullschitt.
Rental Agent said they don’t buy new cars with spares in them anymore.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Salty303
Wife's 2018 Escape she rolls in with no low beams. No prob Lordco's only 4 blocks away. I'd sum the rest up about this way

Pros-
Didn't need any tools
No alignment issues no mo so I got that going for me

Cons-
My chubby meat hooks just barely fit into the corner to pop the cover and release the bulb assembly. I gave blood today
No hope of seeing in there so aligning the push and turn assembly takes 13 tries. See above-chubby meat hooks
I forgot how anal you have to be to not touch the halogen bulb. Blew one up for finger grease... back to Lordco
The coolant reservoir need to come out to get at passenger side, no tools, but thought for sure I was going to break plastic its cold out there.

I sure miss my 66 Chev

Salty ?

how the hell ya been ?

wanna see a pic of my new Landcruiser ?

A new one? Sure long as I don't have to change the light bulbs. haha

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ok…

What’s a Lordco?

That like a Menards??

What’s a “‘meenards”

slang for your nuts? lol

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.