Print Thread
Hop To
K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Has anybody sighted their rifle, and then had cerakote applied, and noticed any change in POI or accuracy after the process?

What about other barrel finishes?

I imagine it wouldn't change anything, but interested in data over opinions.

HR IC

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess I don't understand. You will have to take the action out of the stock, rings and base off, scope off, if the action is bedded, it will effect the bedding. Everything changes so sighting back in is a given. Accuracy should be fine unless you get somebody to do the work and they get it in the bore, like a buddy of mine did. My buddy got it back and it was all jacked up, not sure how he got it out.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you want a finish that goes inside and out, check out H&M Black Nitride. (Otherwise, I don't fully understand the question, either. The cerakote is only on the exterior if applied correctly so other than disassembly, it shouldn't impact accuracy.)

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
It depends on color choice. Cerakoting in a bright color like red can increase muzzle velocity, which may or may not improve accuracy depending on your bullet choice etc. Od green or tan cerakotes tend to reduce fet recoil a bit, which can help. Id stay away from black cerakote, as it can cause a regular rifle to function as a fully auto assault weapon

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
It depends on color choice. Cerakoting in a bright color like red can increase muzzle velocity, which may or may not improve accuracy depending on your bullet choice etc. Od green or tan cerakotes tend to reduce fet recoil a bit, which can help. Id stay away from black cerakote, as it can cause a regular rifle to function as a fully auto assault weapon
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've had several rifles coated by various folks. The first few I went ahead and ground the bedding and rebedded. The last several I've just put back in the same previously bedded stock. I couldn't tell that it changed accuracy at all.

I do remember one of them being VERY tight on the recoil lug after coming back from coating...I'd previously bedded the recoil lug on that one with NO tape on front/bottom/sides. It's rare for me to bed the lug tight but I did on that one. It's tough to get that one in/out of the stock but I didn't notice it changing the accuracy.....I probably should go back and rebed it though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 10 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.